Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nightblade Killer’s Blade bug appeared today.

Elijah_Crow
Elijah_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can you please see the team sees this please?

Today I started getting a strange bug when killing targets with Killer’s Blade. The target freezes and doesn’t die and I end up spamming over and over trying to finish it. If I stand and wait, it will eventually die and fall over after a couple seconds.

Found others on reddit with the same issue. Video attached.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/80j21f/nightblade_killers_bladeimpale_bug_004_seconds_is/
Edited by Elijah_Crow on February 27, 2018 5:57AM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exact same thing happens with Puncturing Sweep on a Templar, but it's not consistent.
    Edited by efster on February 27, 2018 8:35AM
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually it was an old bug but not happen often ...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    The exact same thing happens with Puncturing Sweep on a Templar, but it's not consistent.
    Explains it, I thought my game was laggy. Very annoying.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like lag during the part where the game tells the npc its dead.

Dont worry, I'm an armchair programmer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me occasionally on my NB. But I don't think that it is the skill that is bugged. It is probably NPCs that are. Or maybe this is some weird server lag spike ?
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    Has been happening to me as well, particularly with Shrikes and Night Terrors outside the Brass Fortress (e.g., outside Exarch's Egress, inside the Shadow Cleft). But that's also mostly what I've been killing for the past half-hour.
    Edited by WhisperLFE on February 27, 2018 10:37AM
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add - I’ve been playing frequently, however I’ve never experienced this bug until Monday morning post patch. I spent most of that time in Vvardenfell.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Macro slice
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've run into this multiple times yesterday, but not once in the week preceding.

It does not appear to be skill dependent as I saw it in group content and the mob was being hit by multiple things from multiple players. It basically looked like the game lagged out for that specific mob at the moment its HP dropped to zero. We weren't lagging (or didn't appear to be - I did not have a latency count out, however), but it was.

As someone mentioned, must be something with client-server communication. It typically happened with the last mob from a group, so could also have something to do with signaling that the fight is over.

Strange, but again, yesterday was the first time I'd seen it since the patch, so not a big recurring issue it seems.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can confirm, that it happened yesterday again.
    was gone for a while but now it is back!
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me as well.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom We summon you! :lol:
    Gegrj.gif
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me as well. I thought it was lag at first so I turned on FPS and Latency, saw nothing wrong and was like wtf is going on?
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    For those who didn't see...

ZOS_GinaBruno
    We've seen things like this across a few different abilities since yesterday's patch - we're looking into it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/80j21f/nightblade_killers_bladeimpale_bug_004_seconds_is/duwqhbu/

I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    similar thing happened with my sorc earlier
  • necropola
    necropola
    ✭✭✭
    Happens all the time now (close to 100%) on my NB when attacking from sneak. 60-70 ms Ping Rate,
    Sneak --> Surprise Attack --> ... --> Killer's Blade --> Target freezes at below 25% health and combat animations get stuck.
    VERY ANNOYING!

Oh, it's even worse on my Templar.Can I even trust that damage is calculated correctly server-side?
    Client and server seem to be out of sync.

Given how many skills/classes are affected how could this change ever go past QA?
    Edited by necropola on March 1, 2018 12:03AM
    I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many
    PC/MAC-EU, Radeon RX 580 GPU pass through + Win 10 x64 on Linux KVM/QEMU, 100 Mbit/s VDSL
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens all time since Bones update. Also floppy fish syndrome is back (players who die can move around on ground).

Server seems generally out of sync and having issues...what else is new.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I've seen it was today.
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Died a few times because of this bug. Didn't kill a few low life mobs to regain health in a bossfight when needed. Well, that doesn't work atm.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hoping this gets fixed in todays patch, is very irritating. Noticing in in BG too, which i've just started playing. BTW - really enjoying the BG's :) the queue length is correct amount of time, it's like being a tank in PvE...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This issue should be fixed after today's incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay, thanks!