The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Zos get rid of bound on pick up.

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
I havent been playing that long and I just found out theres items locked behind vet dungeons and trials im not interested in doing and I cant even buy it at guild traders.

Ive been doing the work to try to master all crafts in hopes of being able to get enough gold to buy the items I want from the content I do not want to bother with. Apparently there was a time when it wasnt bound on pick up.

Zos stop trying to force people to do things they dont want to do. No wonder theres posts about fake tanks/healers/dps.
Except I dont want to be a jerk and ruin other peoples time by bringing my pvp character into a vet dungeon. Im not wasting gold to respec CP and morphs to pve.

And Im sure people who dont like pvp dont want to be forced to go to cyrodill or BG just to get any significant amount of transmutation crystals.
I doubt master crafters like the economy being nerfed because of bound on pick up.

People can decide for themselves how and what they want to play, they dont need a nanny state to ram content down their throats that theyre not interested in.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand your complaint but bound on pickup helps with things like bot farming. I have seen that happen in other games and making certain things bound on pickup helped with that.

also i think it helps that crafting market
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    I understand your complaint but bound on pickup helps with things like bot farming. I have seen that happen in other games and making certain things bound on pickup helped with that.

Then Zos should do something about bots. Theyre just being lazy by making it bound on pick up. And can bots even do vet group dungeons???
    Im on PS4, cant say ive heard about bots, although I could be wrong. Still its Zos job to do something about bots (exploit)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And there are some things that are best BoP like vMA weapons dor statteds.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. You don't want to run the content, then you don't need the gear. That's a personal choice. The game has BoP items to help reward those players that complete the content. If there were no such thing as BoP, then gold farmers and bots would be out of control (more than they already are) as everyone would just pay real money to buy gold to buy the items they want because they are too lazy to attempt end-game content.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, nothing is really locked behind vet content. With the possible exception of Monster helms if you want one really quickly. But they do drop very rarely in normal, and you can of course purchase them from the Golden Vendor if she rolls the one you want.

So if you are looking for a particular set, you can join normal runs for dungeons and trials and you will be fine. Also, when they made everything BoP in dungeons (before there were only certain special sets that were BoP), they also made them tradeable within your group for 2 hours after you pick them up. So if you find a group that is looking for different gear, you can easily get a set.

So from the perspective of getting the gear, that is really not a big deal, particularly since you no longer need to farm for perfect traits.

That said, I tend to run random normal dungeons a lot because I find them fun and it's a good way to quickly burn XP that's building up, and I end up with more gear than I have a use for and I kind of hate to destroy it.

But I don't see how making everything BoE would help crafters, since they may lose customers for crafted sets.
    The Moot Councillor
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea to buy perfect asylum weapons
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree,
    bound on pickup should be removed.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree,
    bound on pickup should be removed.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to this, I often see dungeon set gear in stores Bind on Equip!
    How does this work?
    Seen ebon a few weeks ago, ice furnace this week.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everytime they add a new dungeon they should open up an old one and give everyone a 25% chance for BOE. Monster helms being the exception.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    How does this work?

I believe items sold on the golden vendor are BoE. Do the pieces match what was available for sale on the golden vendor for that week?
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does this work?

Some sets used to drop overland and were BoE then. Anyone with an old piece can still sell it.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How does this work?

I believe Ebon was a trial set back when trial sets were BoE. I have a Viper ring that is BoE from back then.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group dungeon sets are still unobtainable for me as I am too timid to join RDF. So, whenever it's possible I look for alternatives. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Having said that I've got an ambivalent attitude towards the OP idea. I like the fact that you have to work your arse a bit in order to obtain this or that set.

As for the sets obtained from the overland content, quests, crafting,... I think it's stupid that once you equip it it's forever assigned to your account and you can't sell or give it away when you no longer use it.. this IS stupid.

PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bind on pick up is a stupid and rather annoying concept. In someways I see it as good but most of the time it's just a pain in the ass, I want a fire staff of (whatever set) NOT LIGHTING!!!
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    You argument does not sway me.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Group dungeon sets are still unobtainable for me as I am too timid to join RDF. So, whenever it's possible I look for alternatives. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Having said that I've got an ambivalent attitude towards the OP idea. I like the fact that you have to work your arse a bit in order to obtain this or that set.

As for the sets obtained from the overland content, quests, crafting,... I think it's stupid that once you equip it it's forever assigned to your account and you can't sell or give it away when you no longer use it.. this IS stupid.

I dont mind working for something. But I would like the option to work for it as a pvp achievement. I read online that you use to be able to get master weapons in pvp for a particular achievement. But ZoS took that away.
    They are trying to force people to do things they dont want.
    And every build I want to make requires a monster helm.
    Im going to be forced to do what I said above.
    When I have enough CP im going to take a pvp character into a group dungeon with group finder and call myself a DPS. I may get booted a few times, but eventually through attrition I will get what I want. Its just not going to be very efficient or enjoyable. And every vet dungeon runner is just going to have to continue dealing with fake this and that and slow dungeon clears.
    It isnt my fault, this is what Zos intended.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea to buy perfect asylum weapons

Asylum is a great example. All the drop sets from that dungeon are BOE. Except for the asylum weapons themselves.

Other dungeons should follow that pattern.
    • The three sets in each undaunted dungeon should be BOE, the monster helm BOP.
    • All trials drop sets except the main ones (aether, moondancer, warmachine etc) should be BOE.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 21, 2018 10:48PM
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭

You are saying that people were bot farming instanced group Dungeons? How could you do that?

Pea
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see BoP as their way of incentivizing purchases of DLCs. Anybody without the DLC has no way to access the gear that drops from the dungeons.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMOs survive by players doing as much content as possible and by players repeating content. Having bind on pick-up items in game helps with both. The RNG and bind on pick-up are good for the game when it comes to longevity. Keeping players playing as much content as possible is also why some PvE gear is great for PvP and some skills you can only get in PvP are great for PvE.
    Most the monster helms are not that hard to get. Easiest way is have guild mates help. The PvP guild I am in will from time to time plan events and help players farm for monster helms and gear they need for the latest builds. The social guild I am in has people joining together to help a member get a monster helm all the time. I've healed a dungeon eight times back to back helping a tank get the helm he wanted (before we could change traits) and others helped me when I was chasing gear. Doing it with friends it doesn't seem like quite the chore.

If you are going to pug it best bet is go in on a tank or a healer. Lower queue times and you can always bank the helm so the character that needs it can grab it. Check and see what the pledges are. You have a better chance of getting a group fast if the pledge that day is the dungeon you are farming.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this, everything should be bind on equip.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent been playing that long and I just found out theres items locked behind vet dungeons and trials im not interested in doing and I cant even buy it at guild traders.

Let me be blunt here, for a moment: If you're not running dungeons and trials, you don't need the stuff that drops from them. They're unnecessary.

For example, for tanks, Ebon Armory and Alkosh are very good, preferred even. But, if you're not planning on taking people through vet trials, you don't need them. You don't need SPC or Mending to help deal with worldbosses, and you certainly don't need them for running delves.

These things are useful, but they're useful for a level of content you don't want to participate in.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, there's an entire collection of trial sets that have the Aegis and Slayer buffs. If you're not running dungeons, those buffs are completely worthless to you, as you're not fighting enemies flagged to be affected by them.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, you can get gear in blue from normal mode to upgrade, which is best farmed with a 4 dps faceroll. Monster Helms show up in the golden vendor, and shoulders from chests, using keys you can get from normal pledges.

Also to people saying any dungeon or trial gear is BOE, you're just straight up incorrect. If you run a dungeon, everything is Bound the second the group trading timer hits zero. The only dungeon sets that appear as BOE are the gold jewels that show up in the golden vendor for AP/gold.

Remnants of when trials drop BOE gear are few and far between.

If you have no interest in PvE content, I have to wonder why you want their BiS gear so badly, since you evidently don't know how to use the gear you already have access to. You can rely on crafted sets in normal trials just fine as long as you're a skilled player.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Also to people saying any dungeon or trial gear is BOE, you're just straight up incorrect.

There are some BoE pieces from dungeon sets still floating around from before they went BoP. But that changed almost two years ago, now.

There's also a factor that some sets used to be overland and are now dungeon drops. Warlock comes to mind as one example. So, BoE Warlock items do exist from way back in the day, thought those would be around CR60.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind on pickup is best when P2W hit the shelves...
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, you can get gear in blue from normal mode to upgrade, which is best farmed with a 4 dps faceroll. Monster Helms show up in the golden vendor, and shoulders from chests, using keys you can get from normal pledges.

Also to people saying any dungeon or trial gear is BOE, you're just straight up incorrect. If you run a dungeon, everything is Bound the second the group trading timer hits zero. The only dungeon sets that appear as BOE are the gold jewels that show up in the golden vendor for AP/gold.

If you have no interest in PvE content, I have to wonder why you want their BiS gear so badly, since you evidently don't know how to use the gear you already have access to. You can rely on crafted sets in normal trials just fine as long as you're a skilled player.

If you are PvP you will depending on your build want some of the gear found in dungeons. The game is designed that way so we get to play more aspects of the game.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

If you are PvP you will depending on your build want some of the gear found in dungeons. The game is designed that way so we get to play more aspects of the game.

If that's what @LittlePinkDot is chasing, then they're entirely welcome to run the dungeons, just like PvEers need to complete their pilgrimage in Cyrodiil for Barrier, War Horn, Caltrops, and Vigor.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP: im not interested in this content but i demand you give me the gear from it

Reasonable people: no.