The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Give us NPCs for our houses

Sweetpea704
Sweetpea704
✭✭✭✭
I would really like a bard to put in my house. Even better would be two bards, one that would sing and one that would cycle through different instruments
at your choice. I really liked that in Skyrim.
I would also really like a servant of some type. If they were just sweeping or something very general, you could put them in the stable or the house and
it could serve a double purpose. If the servant could give you the daily writs, that would be even better. "Master, these requests came for you while you were away."
Perfect.

Sweetpea704
  • thedirtypony
    thedirtypony
    Soul Shriven
    I like the Bard idea....but I would really like to be able to place all our collected mounts, pets, etc. Also, not have the Assistants take up these slots.

Yea, yea...server load, limitations, blah blah blah. Get better servers.... :-p
    Back off...I have hooves...
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this. In fact, I'd like to be able to place our Alts in our houses. They could just stand around and do idles like pets.

In the meantime, here is my smokin' hot fabricant "Stormy". (Not the precursor). She may be obsolete, but she makes a great chef.

2zs5yc2.jpg

Edit* Sweetpea, this idea has been around a long time now. I just like to keep it in sight as it is a good one.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on February 21, 2018 11:40PM
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. In fact, I'd like to be able to place our Alts in our houses. They could just stand around and do idles like pets.

In the meantime, here is my smokin' hot fabricant "Stormy". (Not the precursor). She may be obsolete, but she makes a great chef.

2zs5yc2.jpg

OMG!!!! Yes! You could put them in costumes and pick an animation for them to do, like eating or sleeping or sweeping. That would be epic.
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    They could make housing so much more fun and useful. I don't know what the hold up is.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Yes houses seem so lifeless without NPC's, especially large homes.

People invest tons of time decorating to give the impression of recent activities occurring in their deserted homes, but it just these makes these places seem like "Roanoke'.

If they can't give us NPC's, they should at least give us a tree with 'Croatan' scratched into it.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think household NPC's is the next step (besides slot increase). I'd also love it if the pets you place in your house at least sat down. Seeing my cats and dogs standing up all the times makes me feel sorry for them. They look uncomfortable.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the character selection screen could be working like it was our primary residence, and double clicking on any of our - idle acting - character, would load him/her in the game.
    Edited by SirCritical on February 22, 2018 8:25AM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a couple of target dummies in my house as NPC's and they do idle animations. Makes the place feel a bit more lived in
  • Holycat
    Holycat
    Soul Shriven
    And, walk paths with activities (sit in nearest chair, work in the garden, etc.).