The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like to customize your Banker or Merchant?

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Banker and Merchant NPC's that you can purchase in the crown store, would you like to be able to apply costumes you own to them, to give them a unique look?
Edited by Sheezabeast on February 21, 2018 11:26AM
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!

Would you like to customize your Banker or Merchant? 165 votes

Yes, yes, yes! So many possibilities
55%
Florialjordanmarx_ESOWhitePawPrintsOsteosMalnutritionwenchmore420b14_ESOYulsHrogunTurelusAimoraleetacakesb16_ESOnwilliams2107b16_ESOMaythorAlienSlofstatic_rechargeGothrenrynthSheezabeastMalthorneSirCritical 92 votes
I'd support it but am wary of Zos making it cost
26%
nexxus_ESOk9mouseSteveCampsOutLadyAstrumMitrengaGlurinGorillaNyghthowlerdsalterG1CountdownsylviermooneShanjijriCh4mpTWredspecter23VostornAetherderiusPink_ViolinzSGT_Wolfe101stOeildefeu91pod88kk 44 votes
I don't support this, they look fine as-is.
3%
aubrey.baconb16_ESOYakidafiKnowledgeKraziJoeTheDominionPuzzlenuts 6 votes
I don't own either, have no intention to, so this is moot to me.
6%
AzuryaEirellaEasily_LostBananaJahneeOOrjixJierdanitRPGplayer13579AmberkenPuppetShow 10 votes
I'm opposed to this and here is why:
1%
Yolokin_SwagonbornJohnfred24Saturnana 3 votes
Other:
6%
NewBlacksmurfanitajoneb17_ESOpeacenoteAesthierVoxicitytheher0notStaniaeso_nyajosiahvaBeamer_Miasma 10 votes
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    well would love to have a rubber duck to just beat them
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you want a rubber duck to beat them up with?

hu.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not. Banker would get a wig and merchant would get a bald haircut.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are last things which I plan to buy (except if they will have at least 50% discount, that will be good moment to buy them). But if I had them, it would be cool to customize their look for sure :)
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This comes under the "I'm not particularly interested myself but hey if it's something other folk are interested in, sure" category.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to put a costume on the Banker, I only roll female characters, and would love to dress him in some of my more masculine costumes. And the merchant, she would look sooo adorable in the new Egg Sister dress!
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean like dressing my banker in heavy armor? :D

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking yesterday how nice it would be to have different skins for the bankers and merchants, so we don't have to see the same ones over and over. So annoying when you get out your banker, and there are two other players near you who have his identical brothers.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    I don't own them, but I would if they were customizable, or at least they make a Khajiit/Argonian version of them
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this an idea that Jess mentioned a while back in relation to the premium assistant NPC's?

I would of course love to change them up a little.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    I don't own them, but I would if they were customizable, or at least they make a Khajiit/Argonian version of them

Exactely this. More cats.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you want a rubber duck to beat them up with?

hu.gif

HURRAH!!!!
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have so many questions
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to be able to change their race and appearance, but yes, I'd be wary of the cost.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

Something along the line, yes. But according to her back then the team was still „considering“ what to do.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes because I am easily confused and tired of trying to use other people's merchants and bankers and having them look at me like, 'What is SHE doing?'
    PC EU & NA
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don't support it because I don't like having options and customization. I want to be stuck with the lame selection we got.

Did I mention I also hate having fun?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Turelus

Something along the line, yes. But according to her back then the team was still „considering“ what to do.
    Cheers, I remember the discussion but couldn't remember what exactly was said. I wonder if now we have the costume system if there is better tools in place for it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    I want them to have an animation of some sort so they don't just stand there in my house. Something like the pathing in Skyrim or at the very least make them able to find the closest chair and sit or several small idle animations.
    Edited by Aesthier on February 21, 2018 1:13PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd make both npcs adorable, petite, little redheaded female bosmers
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    I want a Little Leaf Banker who practises lute when placed in my home and makes woodelf jokes when following me around. I also want that dremora(?) merchant guy from coldharbor, to make snarky comments, buy my junk and repair my armor.

More on topic, wouldnt mind Little Leaf wearing cultural bosmer clothing ;)
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please, nothing like chasing your banker and finally catching him just to realize it's one of his mute clones.

Ps: make him stand still when I'm looking in my bank already!
    Edited by Everstorm on February 21, 2018 1:56PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Yes please, nothing like chasing your banker and finally catching him just to realize it's one of his mute clones.

Ps: make him stand still when I'm looking in my bank already!

this happens to me all the time when I'm doing writs in Mournhold and have my banker out xD

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent purchased either (no reason to, really, neither one can repair my gear mid-dungeon), but I do have pirharri the smuggler and I'd certainly like the option to customize her a bit, even if only to change her outfit.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on February 21, 2018 2:42PM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be cool, but you know Zo$ would charge another 1500 - 3500 crowns on top of the 5000 (?) crowns to buy it.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I support changing the assistances appearance wise.

I mean, it was fun at first, having my own little Dunmer Slave at the beck and call of his Argonian lord but he's just so bland and I'm bored of him. Let me dress him in rags.
    Argonian forever
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm opposed to this and here is why:
    I'd like ZOS to expand their functionalities (guild bank & repair gear) before giving more cosmetic features.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    I don't own either but it's not moot to me.
    On one hand I am annoyed that they all look the same and seeing dozens of copies of the same NPCs in towns is a true immersion killer.
    On the other hand, people have the very bad habit to keep their slaves out in dungeons, delves and other fighting places where you easily take them for mobs and uselessly fight them. At least, knowing exactly how they look is a good way to recognize and ignore them in a fight.
    So as long as people don't stow away their assistants, I'd prefer them to not be customizable.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    I’m O K with what they wear, I’d be more interested in using the character creation screen to edit their appearance only.

Even if it’s one appearance account wide, that’s been my only interest.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    If by "customize" you mean make them able to repair...sure...otherwise I dont care, I dont leave them out more than a minute anyway.