The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

• Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay with the game (improvise, adapt, overcome, and all that stuff; or maybe you're just indifferent)
    I would stay and actually wouldn't mind it if they figured out a way to actually do this. It would mean that finally instead of poorly balancing vet dungeons and up and leaving it on the community to find ways (through bugs like animation canceling) to complete the content; they could finally balance the spells and abilities in a way that counts.

Who knows, without animation canceling, PVP might actually be more balanced and cause fewer issues.

• WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay with the game (improvise, adapt, overcome, and all that stuff; or maybe you're just indifferent)
    It wouldn't effect me much. Any changes, a good player would just find a way to adapt.
    Nerf my DPS to dust, grind my Animations to a screeching halt, hobble my utility and support skills - I will tweak my builds, adjust my skills, and re-focus my play style until I rise from the smoldering ashes of Change as a Phoenix of Destruction reborn.

......Please don't nerf anything, though.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not using it anyway (and if, then just by accident), so I would not be missing anything - guess, that counts as "indifferent" then.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the game
    Cry because the class I main has zero means of preventing damage, which would be 1000% necessary if "animation cancelling" were removed since it would no longer be possible to hold down block and cast Breath of Life.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep playing, probably have more fun as I'm not a fan of the current weave mechanics.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd adapt, but it won't happen. Animation canceling has been a thing in gaming for years well before ESO went into development. It was no secret. Anyone in game design knew about it and knew players were doing it wherever they could. If the devs wanted to make all animation un-cancalable in ESO, they would have done it from the start. They didn't. They designed the game to allow players to do it, but they choose not to be that open about it for whatever reason. But it's here to stay. Those who don't like it need to adapt, or move on to another hill to die on, because this "debate" is ****ing boring.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cry because the class I main has zero means of preventing damage, which would be 1000% necessary if "animation cancelling" were removed since it would no longer be possible to hold down block and cast Breath of Life.

This too. I figure we'd immediately get QQ threads about people dying to mechanics because they're not allowed to block or dodge roll whenever they want anymore.

And probably from the same people raising all this fuss
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leap for joy
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    Doesn’t seem realistic to me.

I can’t even imagine how clunky combat would be if it was changed. Maybe I’d quit. Maybe I’d stay. Idk tbh
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 10:49PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 10:49PM
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the game
    As a Magblade who's DPS rotation largely revolves around light attacks triggering assassin's will, I would probably quit.

Not just that, the game feels incredibly slow without light attack weaving. I would probably dump ESO off of my gaming rotation, and replace it with another game should light attack weaving be "fixed".
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    What would you do if animation cancelling were cancelled in an update later this year or next year?

This is a hypothetical question. This is not about if animation cancelling is going to be cancelled, or whether animation cancelling is good or bad, an exploit or a feature. It's about what you would do, plain and simple.

There are other threads out there to debate the merits of animation cancelling, and this is not one of them. Rather, this thread is just to gauge whether you would stay with the game, leave, or something else.

What_Would_You_Do_logo.jpg

I would LOL, because it is never gonna happen! good so!
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would Celebrate!
    that would be Awesome!

i hope it happens, it's a Great Start, and a Foot in the right and honest direct to true battle and real balance in fighting.
    people no longer killing each other in less then 1 tenth of a second.

i hope it happens.

This is reason why people don’t like animation canceling. They even understand what it is lol.
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    I'll stay and I'll be happy with the change. Even if I perform attack weaving properly (after a lot of practice... ) I still consider it counterintuitive and non-sense in its current state.
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think it will stay. I hope so coz I am just getting my head around it. The irony I git gud, then they nerf it. lol
    PC-NA
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    As I have no idea how to do this, though I may have done it with fast combo's by accident in the past, its entirely irrelevant. i have pretty severe OCD which means my brain needs to acknowledge each attacks animation before moving onto the next. Rarely do I fight at any real speed - My pvp rank is entirely cheesed by simply playing in large groups, hanging towards the back or being cannon fodder. I have killed like 6 players in over 500 hours of PvP, and most of them were a case "huh? I killed someone? How?"

However, it seems that nobody here is aware that AC is actually a feature of gameplay here, sanctioned and designed by Eric Wroebel himself. So it would never get removed as its actually a designed part of the game. There is an interview where Eric actually says that though it started out as an unintentional side effect of the combat design, he liked it so much that he decided to keep it in, and class it as a combat feature.
    Edited by Bonzodog01 on February 21, 2018 11:22AM
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    I like this game. I don't agree with all the balance updates, but I still keep playing. I do light attack weaving, if that's considered animation cancelling, because it increases my DPS. If this is removed in an upcoming patch, I will still play.

animation cancelling =/= light weaving.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't do anything about it. It's a bug/glitch that simply comes with any game that allows a player to "interrupt" casting with a movement or blocking ability.

That is why it just won't ever happen.
    While the interrupt, so a person can quickly dodge or evade the red crap on the floor, IS intentional, the side effect of using quick keystrokes to cancel the animations to further boost DPS was NOT intentional; it is simply a side effect, brought on by the implementation of the original intention.

The alternative is to force all casting animations to complete before any movement or abilities can be selected.
    Yes, that means you would be unable to step out of the crap until your ability finishes its animation.
    Edited by Aesthier on February 21, 2018 11:21AM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Animation cancelling is made out to be a much bigger deal than it actually is.

but it's literally exploiting an unintended mechanic. And when 9 groups out of ten measure competence in output/second, the guy who abuses unintended mechanics to get twice the skills out in the same time? He's going to be regarded as better/more skilled despite being a lousy cheater :)

• Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    I like to vote on ***
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    very doubtful that it'd happen but i'd just adapt
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be happy. It would mean I do not need to use necessary, but very unpleasant mechanics with my DD toons.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how they did it. If they simply sped up all animations so that they perfectly matched the underlying actions being executed, I would be ok with it. If they added long cooldowns so that every action matched the long animation perfectly, I would probably quit the game.

^^^ This ^^^
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad tears of joy weren't an option.

Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    I would carry on playing.. I can hit 30k+ without cheese on the dummy with most of my dps characters without having to do it anyway.. exceptions being Magplar (28k) and Magwarden (never been near a dummy). The right tempo to avoid global cool down when light attack weaving so that you get them (or the following ability) to fire is way more important for a basic dps increase. Animation cancelling is just gravy and pushes it that bit further.
    Edited by supaskrub on February 21, 2018 11:55AM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the game
    Leave. The game would be extremely boring / low skill cap without animation canceling
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stayed after they took away +2 sec to timer on heavy attack of my beautiful white werewolf.
    I stayed after they took away crits from my Velidreth.
    I stayed after many nerfs to different abilities.
    I stayed after they took away almost all cost reduction.
    They took away great deal of things which I liked :/
    ...However, I never liked animation cancelling :D
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt care.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    The game's combat system wouldn't exist without animation canceling so...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade