The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zaan Bugged with CP

Sixty5
Sixty5
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
When testing the sets interaction with Elf Bane, and then running the numbers afterward, I noticed something odd with the set.
When calculating the damage amp between ticks, i noticed that I was only getting about a 41% increase rather than the advertised 50%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNI6jLv44g

My tooltip damage for Zaan was 4196, due to scaling with Thaumaturge in my CP, rather than 3440 as it would be at base. Thus I would expect my unmitigated damage to be 4196, 6294, 8392, 10490, 12588, 14686, 16784, 18882 . Whereas what I saw was 2677, 3774, 4872, 5969, 7066, 8164, 9261, 10359.

Now the first tick is consistent with the 0.638 damage multiplier I had vs the target skeleton, yet comparing the other values seemed to suggest that the damage was being reduced more each tick. Trying the numbers again, I saw that instead of the 50% amp, I was actually receiving a 41% boost per tick.

Now the base damage increase per tick was 1097, which coincidentally is the same damage increase per tick you get if you have no points invested into CP. This is also backed up by the math as half of the 3440 base damage is 1720, and 63.8% of this is 1097.

Thus we can conclude that damage amps from Champion Points are only being granted to the base damage of the Zaan Proc, rather than to the full stacking damage.
Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    I have tested Thaumaturge on Xbox NA and it did not boost my Eye of Flame tooltip at all. Led me to believe it only increases “DOT effects” not all DOT. For instance poisoned, bleeding, and burning would be buffed but nothing else.

Please let me know if you have seen otherwise because I may have just encountered a bug.
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT