The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is sheild stacking just a waste of magika

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
is hardend, healing and harness magika really necessary.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how mush damage one will be taking. The flip side of the conversation, is yet another Thea’s about shield stacking really necessary.

Granted, I somr stack all theee shields but the arena defend number of players that counted those builds just fine.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how and when you are using those stacked shields. Using them while under serious pressure in PVP? Probably a good idea. Using them for normal dungeons? Probably overkill.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never ran 3
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two is more than enough.

Some people get by with just one with defensive rune and lightning form.

Whatever suits your play style.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the general consensus is it's cheaper than dying.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I've only ever used 1 in normal dungeons and in VMA, mostly because I'm trying VMA for the first time and when I die, a second shield wasn't going to help me :smile:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s based on preference and the rest of your build.

If you have high regen you’ll aim for Empowered Ward+Dampen Magic. If you have low-medium regen you’ll use Hardened Ward+Harness Magicka. Healing Ward is pretty much required as well, so you can cast three shields when you get to low health. Consumes lots of Magicka but at least you live :/ alternatively you could slot Regeneration, though it has never been good enough to take a skill slot away from Healing Ward as a Sorc.

Either way, you’ll get melted the moment 1 Stam
    NB with a decent build decides to focus you during your 1vX. If they know what they’re doing, a Stam NB can burst down both of your shields (even with 40K+ Max Mag) and even a bit of health in an instant with zero telegraph to prepare you alongside a CC.... tends to get you killed if you’re fighting other ppl at the same time.

Lastly, in group play I highly recommend the low regen with Harness and Hardened Ward. Although the higher regen is more fun to play, you can barely kill anything anymore without stacking unreasonable amounts of Dmg. Just Heavy Attack/Dark Deal for resources.