The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't add storage chests to my house due to full Collectible Furnishings

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Edit: Collectibles will be increased to 100 in Summerset. Thank you ZOS!!!

So, if I place all the veteran and normal Undaunted trophies (dungeons, trials and arenas) in my house (that are meant to be displayed), I don't have enough Collectible Furnishings space to add the new storage chests in my manor.

I was going to place a chest and got that message, that I don't have more Collectible Furnishing space (80 spaces currently).

ZOS, please change the category for the storage chests OR increase the amount of collectible furnishings for houses.

Thank you.

Edited by Dragonnord on May 2, 2018 12:22AM
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was an oversight. Perhaps it was intentional. Either way, one doesn't really need ALL trophies displayed. If one wants to, then sacrifices must be made. All choices in life have consequences. Take down a couple of your trophies and insert storage containers. Seem obvious.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was an oversight. Perhaps it was intentional. Either way, one doesn't really need ALL trophies displayed. If one wants to, then sacrifices must be made. All choices in life have consequences. Take down a couple of your trophies and insert storage containers. Seem obvious.

That's your solution? Not displaying all the trophies that I earned and are meant to be displayed instead of just adding, let's say, 10 more Collectible Furnishing spaces to houses?

This is not real life, this is a video game, and here you can just write/update a line of code to increase the amount of collectibles. Very easy step to resolve the situation instead of putting some of my trophies to rest forever in the collectible inventory.

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can put your storage in a sub house
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made the same request on PTS. Didn't get anywhere with it though...
    Playing since beta...
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salty%2BPopcorn.jpg
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One doesn't NEED anything as this is just game, so really it comes down to wants. I want to be able to display my trophies and have storage. That isn't too much to ask. The OP didn't ask for unlimited housing items, simply to be able to add the new storage to their existing house. When this drops on console I will be in a similar situation, something has to come down for me to utilize this new feature. That is silly to me, why not just add a new bucket labeled "Storage Chest" or something to that effect and have 0/8 as an amount. Super easy and no one is hindered.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    So, if I place all the veteran and normal Undaunted trophies (dungeons, trials and arenas) in my house (that are meant to be displayed), I don't have enough Collectible Furnishings space to add the new storage chests in my manor.

I was going to place a chest and got that message, that I don't have more Collectible Furnishing space (80 spaces currently).

ZOS, please change the category for the storage chests OR increase the amount of collectible furnishings for houses.

Thank you.

Could have sworn, I could fit everything in my home. That said, I am missing a few undaunted trophies (and more than a few busts)... give me a sec to do a headcount.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bastions are ugly...just saying ;)
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Could have sworn, I could fit everything in my home. That said, I am missing a few undaunted trophies (and more than a few busts)... give me a sec to do a headcount.

This is dependent on the house type, some get 20 slots, others get 40 and so on. Even if storage were handled in a similar way, medium house gets 4, notable get 6, large or mansion gets 8, it will still be better than having to choose what to remove to use the new feature.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Buy a different house?
    • Buy a bigger house?
    • Put some stuff up?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Buy a different house?
    • Shouldn't have to...
    • Buy a bigger house?
    • OP stated 40 slots, so I presume they have the largest type
    • Put some stuff up?
    • Shouldn't have to...

PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    You can put your storage in a sub house

Yeap, workaround. Still, I'd like to have everything in my main house like decoration, dummies, crafting, services, storage units, etc.

Besides, chests should be considered storage units, not collectibles.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is pretty clear from ZOS' perspective.

Buy another house.

I shouldn't have to! You say.

ZOS generally doesn't make things inconvenient for no reason, I say. They want you to participate in housing. If you don't have the space for storage but you want to display all your shiny things, you have to buy another house.

And if you buy another house, and you furnish that house, then you participate in housing and help out with the economy's gold sinks, and ZOS wins.

Inconvenient for players? Yep, totally. Inconvenient for ZOS? Nope, that's exactly how they want it (until they decide they can make more money from making you use the crown store or ESO+ to make things more convenient for you.)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Buy a different house?
    • Shouldn't have to...
    • Buy a bigger house?
    • OP stated 40 slots, so I presume they have the largest type
    • Put some stuff up?
    • Shouldn't have to...

Yeap, 80 slots indeed. Biggest house currently in game.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Buy another house.

ZOS generally doesn't make things inconvenient for no reason, I say. They want you to participate in housing. If you don't have the space for storage but you want to display all your shiny things, you have to buy another house.

And if you buy another house, and you furnish that house, then you participate in housing and help out with the economy's gold sinks, and ZOS wins.

Inconvenient for players? Yep, totally. Inconvenient for ZOS? Nope, that's exactly how they want it (until they decide they can make more money from making you use the crown store or ESO+ to make things more convenient for you.)

@VaranisArano, I have the biggest house in the game (max space possible) and I'm and ESO+ member.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy another house.

VaranisArano, I have the biggest house in the game (max space possible) and I'm and ESO+ member.

Yep. My point is that while ZOS might add whatever you want to the game, they will almost certainly charge for it either through ESO+ or the Crown Store. Because that's what ZOS does.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes one does!
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    The notable houses currently don't even have enough slots to display every normal and veteran versions of the busts. As an ESO+ member, you get 80 collectable slots with a notable house. However, with all the trophies combined, you need either 81 or 82 slots (I can't remember)

I tried adding the veteran and normal busts of the 2 new dungeons, and ran out of slots, even before trying to add a storage chest.

As a workaround, I had to remove a handful of normal bust trophies in my basement, just to be able to fit a couple of storage chests. This issue could be solved easily by upping the limit by 10 for notable houses. I suppose maybe ZOS intended for each house to display only normal, or only veteran versions of the busts, but it does seem odd that as of last patch, the number of collectable slots being at 80 seems right on the money for available normal and veteran busts combined.

Another issue that still hasn't been fixed (and was pointed out in the PTS last patch) is that the Veteran bust for St Olms still does not have a base, as all other trial busts do. It was given the treatment of a dungeon, and has no base.
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have sworn they said in ESO Live that those chests would be under their own category as "Storage" but they put them under collectibles instead.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    I could have sworn they said in ESO Live that those chests would be under their own category as "Storage" but they put them under collectibles instead.

That would make far more sense. Far more sense.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »

Yeap, they did. Chests could have even been put on their own category or, at least, as regular furniture, just like dummies are, instead of using collectible furniture space.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you review/forward this situation please?

Thank you.

Edited by Dragonnord on February 20, 2018 8:37PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful people. Will the new storage category have 8 slots for all the houses? All those staple houses with 10 collectible slots can hold the chests at the moment and they aren’t good trophy houses anyway. I think the solution is to take the top houses and increase the collectible slots. Anything over a million should get a bump, but the crown houses really need it. It’s kind of nuts that they didn’t already do it for the real money homes.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be over 100 collectible furnishings by year's end and we'll just have more threads asking to raise every single housing cap, update after update, year after year.

I'd rather ZOS leave the basic caps alone and offer housing types that fit certain wants. In this case, a museum styled house with a modest regular cap but a 1,000 collectible furnishing cap so you can always add more collectible furnishings as they are added each update until the very end.

Or a zoological park that has space for a lot of mounts and/or pets. Or an arboretum that allows a generous extra amount of conservatory furnishings. And then they can adjust those instances and their permanent map assets to alleviate the performance issues the extra furnishings could cause.

I'd consider everything up to this point a general housing instance that's going to stay as-is. So choices will have to be made with those caps in mind until you are officially offered something different to work with.
    signing off
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    We'll be over 100 collectible furnishings by year's end and we'll just have more threads asking to raise every single housing cap, update after update, year after year.

I'd rather ZOS leave the basic caps alone and offer housing types that fit certain wants. In this case, a museum styled house with a modest regular cap but a 1,000 collectible furnishing cap so you can always add more collectible furnishings as they are added each update until the very end.

Or a zoological park that has space for a lot of mounts and/or pets. Or an arboretum that allows a generous extra amount of conservatory furnishings. And then they can adjust those instances and their permanent map assets to alleviate the performance issues the extra furnishings could cause.

I'd consider everything up to this point a general housing instance that's going to stay as-is. So choices will have to be made with those caps in mind until you are officially offered something different to work with.

That's not the point. I mean, we're not asking here to excesively increase anything nor to have special themed houses or so, just 10 more collectibles so we are able to display all trophies.

OR, to put storage chests under their own category. A storage chest is not a collectible, so they should not be under Collectible category. Therefore, a new category for storage should be logical.

Edited by Dragonnord on February 20, 2018 9:19PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you.

OR increase the furniture caps!!! like at least quadruple times!!!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy another house.

I have bulk of the houses in the game. I shop obsessively at lux vendor as well as achievement vendors all the time. I buy and sell furnishings AND blueprints on a regular basis. i would STILL like to be able to consolidate all of my conveniences in a single house without having to sacrifice displaying other collectibles.

"buy another house" is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

furnishing limits are too low in general. yes even as ESO plus, which I also am.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't seem too much to ask that the largest houses have enough spaces for ALL of the collectibles. What's the use of buying the biggest and best ZOS offers if it's still not big enough to go big AND go home?

More furniture slots in general would be nice, honestly. If you like a lush garden and a cluttered house/workspace, well, too bad for you. Time to pick one or the other, or compromise on both.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A storage chest is not a collectible, so they should not be under Collectible category. Therefore, a new category for storage should be logical.

Storage is a new category.
    Of collectible furnishings.

They will remain collectibles, as you can only have one of each and they cannot be sold or traded to other players in their acquired form.

That's not the point. I mean, we're not asking here to excesively increase anything nor to have special themed houses or so, just 10 more collectibles so we are able to display all trophies.

Hence my first sentence. I just counted 40 trophies and 40 busts. 8 storage. 2 general (1 Morrowind award, 1 Clockwork award). 90 total collectible furnishings as of Update 17. If you ask for 90 now and Update 18 gets 1 more trophy, 1 more bust, and a general furnishing, that's 93 and then there would be a request for 100 which may last through Update 20.

But only ZOS can look at how many players have how many collectible furnishings, and on average how many of them players place in their housing. They may have reason to believe the current 40/80 cap is well above average.
    signing off
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS did mention that they were looking into increasing the furnishing limits on houses. But for the time being, I recommend that you figure out what trophies, if any, you can do without if you really want that storage chest in your house. Otherwise, well, you're going to have to get yourself another house to use as a warehouse.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

OR, to put storage chests under their own category. A storage chest is not a collectible, so they should not be under Collectible category. Therefore, a new category for storage should be logical.

In my opinion collectibles like that number allowed should naturally increase every time to match number of available trophies/busts.

Storage should be its own category.
    Edited by Mureel on February 20, 2018 10:07PM