The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Died in VoM due to jumping past the pool

SinNoAria
SinNoAria
✭✭
k9p718akel4g.png

Landed on the platform above.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha I love when that happens
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends and I regularly compete to see who can leap the farthest and die.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There should be an achievement for this.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, thats your own fault and no bug. (since you made this thread in the BUg Reports section)

Just dont sprint and dont use minor or major expedition and you're fine.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just jump normally without sprinting. That problem also occurs if you streak as Sorcerer since that has much longer range.
    Edited by Asardes on February 20, 2018 12:47PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Ruined many no-death runs haha, all is going well, you jump and immediatly think "ooooh ***, shouldn't have done that"
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    so, thats your own fault and no bug. (since you made this thread in the BUg Reports section)

The other pool has an invisible wall that prevents this, so one of the two is a bug.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 20, 2018 1:52PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bug, you're wrong. They souldn't have to make invisible walls just to accomodate all the speed jumpers everywhere.

I like getting to the platform, I wish they put a chest on it.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on February 20, 2018 2:08PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug, you're expected to watch your step.

You can die at the add pool prior if you don't run straight ahead. Also not a bug.

OP, it's customary to call out "Master Chest" after your group has landed safely, and watch them try to figure out how to get where you are.

It's really easy to do on NB. Just step off the platform, you'll gain more time having to swim a bit vs having to rez.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the people who were such eager beavers to come in here JUST to say to OP "NOPE NOT A BUG WRONG FORUM SECTION WRONG WRONG" made me LOL

It's a bug lmfao.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    All the people who were such eager beavers to come in here JUST to say to OP "NOPE NOT A BUG WRONG FORUM SECTION WRONG WRONG" made me LOL

It's a bug lmfao.

Is it a bug that I can do that? I just assumed that it was working as intended that when I hit rapids and sprint of the edge at a certain angle I don't land safely in the water like I would if I just took a normal jump of the ledge.

The first pool has that invisible wall, but even then we managed to deliberately kill ourselves with ease.

The things one's friends do for entertainment when we've run VoM for the hundredth time.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna agree with the above, there SHOULD be an achievement for who can jump further and die. Call it "SPLAT"
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a bug lmfao.

not a bug - you can jump off anywhere that's high and you'll still die. It doesn't mean those other places are bugged. The pool is there for a reason; if you're too eager with your major/minor expedition and streak, you'll have to pay the price. smh
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a bug lmfao.
    You missed. That doesn't make it a bug.

You can die just as easily (at either pool) by picking the wrong angle.

It's intended to be a leap of faith. That's kind of the point.

It would be a bug if there were far more ways to get it wrong than to get it right. Currently, such is not the case.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death via jumping past that small pool is easy. Death by jumping past the big one and especially hitting one of the hanging things is much more challenging.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At City of Ash entrance there's a waterfall you can jump off to avoid the adds if you're solo farming it or looking to be really quick.

If you don't land in the deep water and die on a shallow rock- that's an even worse bug. It sure bugs me if I die there.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even better when you splat right on the edge of the pool with your legs in it xD Much lol!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to add the achievement for this. For everyone else who has accomplished this monumental feat already I say...welcome brother/sister.
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭

It's a bug lmfao.
    You missed. That doesn't make it a bug.

You can die just as easily (at either pool) by picking the wrong angle.

It's intended to be a leap of faith. That's kind of the point.

It would be a bug if there were far more ways to get it wrong than to get it right. Currently, such is not the case.

It is intended to be a leap of faith. Generally, those are designed specifically so that you won't die unless you make a specific effort to do so (in many cases, it is so near impossible that you'd have to meet some rather serious specifics). This did not. All it takes is a party member hitting rapid maneuver as you are jumping. If you look at my screenshot, part of the platform is above the water and I went (mostly) straight.
    At City of Ash entrance there's a waterfall you can jump off to avoid the adds if you're solo farming it or looking to be really quick.

If you don't land in the deep water and die on a shallow rock- that's an even worse bug. It sure bugs me if I die there.

I wouldn't count that as a bug. I'd count a different jump on the overworld (I believe it was in orsinthium area) as a bug though since if you land directly in the middle of the river, you die even though it is the deepest part of the river because for some reason, it counts as land. That or you fall through the map.

I consider shortcuts different from a leap of faith. Leap of faiths are generally required jumps. Shortcuts are not required jumps.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 20, 2018 9:32PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SinNoAria wrote: »
    It is intended to be a leap of faith. Generally, those are designed specifically so that you won't die unless you make a specific effort to do so (in many cases, it is so near impossible that you'd have to meet some rather serious specifics). This did not. All it takes is a party member hitting rapid maneuver as you are jumping. If you look at my screenshot, part of the platform is above the water and I went (mostly) straight.

A party member hitting rapid maneuvers is a pretty specific action to take. My friends and I use that deliberately to see if we can die from the resulting leap.
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭

A party member hitting rapid maneuvers is a pretty specific action to take. My friends and I use that deliberately to see if we can die from the resulting leap.

It is a specific action on THEIR part, not yours. My point being that generally leaps of faith require specific effort on YOUR part to die. (Unless in real life, then someone could totally murder you by hitting you with a shovel and bashing your head against the floor before dropping you in, but do we really want to add in more ways for the party to troll each other? We already have the triple queue tank+healer+dps and vote kicking the last person right before the final boss of a pledge dungeon just to troll - or after the boss fight starts if the party knows how).
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 20, 2018 10:09PM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug. Has been there since launch is part of the dungeon's design
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The other pool has an invisible wall that prevents this, so one of the two is a bug.

The other pool also has some smaller jumps to go down. They are on the left side of the platform.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭

So have the lack of optimizations present since Morrowind (I think even before Morrowind, but I know Morrowind for sure), the many bugs that are never fixed by Bethesda and are fixed each game by the players through unofficial patches, Wayrest Sewers door sometimes not working even when nobody is in combat and the boss sometimes failing to jump down (hard stop in the very rare instance that nobody has ranged), Wayrest Sewer 2 door sometimes not opening because the NPC doesn't spawn (hard stopping a random queue and forcing dps to redo their 2 hour queue), certain rocks triggering death if you jump on them (simply jumping up and landing will kill you), the loading issue that teleports you through walls and objects, certain walls not being solid, the Selene's Web shield sometimes failing to activate, White Gold Tower's locks sometimes being impossible to interact with, certain other objects being impossible to interact with, etc.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 21, 2018 12:09PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL something being in the game for a long time is not at ALL an indication that something isn't a bug. I've been crashing and getting stuck in lightning staff heavy attacks for years! They just don't fix stuff only like gee idk ALL THE TIME.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAH looks like I stirred up the hornets nest on this one.

Look people, there are some bad arguments here as to why this isn't a bug but here's the most important argument for it being a bug:

There are other invisible walls on the fall down. I hit them every time. You have to REALLY try to make it to where OP did. It's obvious that they didn't think anyone would make it that far and forgot to wall it off invisibly.

Also, the notion that "well this adds a degree of difficulty for a no death run!" Is also so funny I was dyinggg. Like there is no added difficulty becsuse the action of jumping down without dying is so easy that you have to TRY to kill yourself. So unless you're trying to troll a group trying for no-death or just trying to be funny for your friends this "feature of the dungeon" is a weird claim, it seems pretty strange if you ask me.

Edited by Apache_Kid on February 21, 2018 2:24PM
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭

Look people, there are some bad arguments here as to why this isn't a bug but here's the most important argument for it being a bug:

There are other invisible walls on the fall down. I hit them every time. You have to REALLY try to make it to where OP did. It's obvious that they didn't think anyone would make it that far and forgot to wall it off invisibly.

Also, the notion that "well this adds a degree of difficulty for a no death run!" Is also so funny I was dyinggg. Like there is no added difficulty becsuse the action of jumping down without dying is so easy that you have to TRY to kill yourself. So unless you're trying to troll a group trying for no-death or just trying to be funny for your friends this "feature of the dungeon" as tall claim it is seems pretty strange if you ask me.

I didn't even try. Someone in my party hit rapid maneuvers as I was doing my normal jump and that is where I landed.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, the notion that "well this adds a degree of difficulty for a no death run!" Is also so funny I was dyinggg. Like there is no added difficulty becsuse the action of jumping down without dying is so easy that you have to TRY to kill yourself. So unless you're trying to troll a group trying for no-death or just trying to be funny for your friends this "feature of the dungeon" as tall claim it is seems pretty strange if you ask me.

I didn't even try. Someone in my party hit rapid maneuvers as I was doing my normal jump and that is where I landed.

Were you mounted? Because I've had rapids on jumping there on foot and haven't ever gotten there.
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭

Were you mounted? Because I've had rapids on jumping there on foot and haven't ever gotten there.

I don't think you can mount in that dungeon? It could be that I somehow had both minor from something else and major expedition from rapid, but either way, I wasn't trying. I was actually trying to type 'lol, but I'm afraid of heights' when it happened.

I'm literally not joking when I say I wasn't trying to get there.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 21, 2018 2:28PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think you can mount in that dungeon? It could be that I somehow had both minor from something else and major expedition from rapid, but either way, I wasn't trying. I was actually trying to type 'lol, but I'm afraid of heights' when it happened.

I'm literally not joking when I say I wasn't trying to get there.

That's wild. And no you cant usually mount there but i've mounted in dungeons before where i shouldn't have been able to because you know, bugs. Either way I don't think the person who designed this room meant for the platforms to be gotten to. Not that it matters in the slightest but hey here we are.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 21, 2018 2:33PM