The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

how to deal with nbs

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
so I can see now why I would get hate mail when I played on my stamblade...
currently running a magsorc I find stamblade very frustrating to fight due to every att almost being dodged..some help would be appreciated by more experienced magsorcs please
Edited by Syiccal on February 19, 2018 7:44PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune cage (or defensive rune) and mages light. I think defensive rune is a better counter to Nbs just because it triggers the moment you are hit and you do not have to rely on targeting a nightblade slipping in and out of stealth around you.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defensive rune, hardened ward up, and lightning form to mitigate their burst. CC break and dodge roll immediately into another animation cancelled shield.

If they hit you with all three of those up, they won’t succeed in their little gank party.

If you don’t have those things up, it’s kind of on you.

Use curse to setup burst and keep them out of cloak. Poison them so they can’t keep casting forever. Detect pot will leave them exposed for a few seconds. Eventually they’ll cloak off and look for easier prey.
    Edited by Minalan on February 19, 2018 8:44PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep your shields up 24/7 and magelight can help you a lot.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Light attack + hardened
    Light attack + curse
    (wait for his dodge roll)
    Light attack + knock back (fire staff)
    Light attack + implosion
    Light attack + curse again

Curse will be their curse. If you keep the pressure on them, they will either run out of stamina or try tu run. If curse is on them always, they will have a hard time hiding.

This is just a general example. The light attack will either hit them or make them roll. If they dodge they will keep wasting stamina. If they are hit, they will take dmg and will have to diminish their damage in order to heal themselves (or die).
    So many scenarios that mainly you will have to play and learn.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a stamsorc, but I use defensive rune on my overload bar. Basically when I mount up before riding or going out in the open I'll cast it. I've gotten so many salty messages from stamblades that try to gank me, but get stunned and then they lose the element of surprise and get killed when I engage.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Rune cage (or defensive rune) and mages light. I think defensive rune is a better counter to Nbs just because it triggers the moment you are hit and you do not have to rely on targeting a nightblade slipping in and out of stealth around you.
    I concur. Defensive rune is one of the most annoying abilities to fight against. It drains your stamina and ruins any burst combo you had in mind.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immovable-potions.jpg

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do stealth pots bring ppl out of cloak?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    6th sense...

Generally you get an inkling if one is around - there are usually clues... random friendly bodies on the floor, no enemy in sight - or you may have caught a glimpse of them in the distance - perhaps in combat.. or its just the kind of area where you will encounter them.. Then just keep either a shield or inner-light up.

Best defence on a sorc if ganked without shield/defensive rune is to roll-dodge as fast as possible - casting a shield is too slow to get it up before the follow-up finisher. So dodge first - then shield.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comically the hate tells I get are from other nightblades moaning because I used Mark.

It's comical, I don't need Mark to kill a Nightblade in 1v1 and only use it when a NB is attacking friendlies over and over and over again while tbagging them like it's hard to build a Stambush that can kill single people on mounts.

To be clear here whining Nightblades. Firstly, I'm a Nightblade and have to deal with Mark and don't feel the need to send hate tells over it and secondly I'm not going to just sit there and LET you kill my faction, deal with it.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some good and some mediocre advice in this thread.

All I’ll add is that you use streak, DBoS, and rune cage if you can fit it. All these are undodgeable CCs and will help you land your frag
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 20, 2018 12:19PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

All I’ll add is that you use streak, DBoS, and rune cage if you can fit it. All these are undodgeable CCs and will help you land your frag

I find that using a meteor combo is a crazy strong way to counter rollerblades on my sorc. Curse, meteor, reach, frags into execute. If they dodge they're done for and if they block they're probably gonna spend some time in cloak to recover which gives you time to reset the fight with some dark deals, put down mines and all that.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep defensive rune up, drop Ice Comet on him while he's stunned, finish with Mage's Wrath if necessary.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who doesn't use a sorc in PvP, sorry, I can't really help to give advice to counter. However, just to comment, and perhaps, food for thoughts. As someone who use a Stamblade (and previously a MagBlade), the anti-invis pot is useless against someone like me who doesn't cloak or shadow out during a fight. Whether 1-on-1, or 2 or 3, or zerg vs zerg, I'm fighting head on until you die or I die. If I die, I rez at a keep, simple. Oh, I'm not saying Mage Light, Evil Hunter, or those anti-stealth pots aren't so ineffective. It is when you want to detect anyone in stealth (NB or not) before or following a siege on a keep, or any other fights, then it works quite well. It is just during a fight, I don't go stealth or hide out. However, yes, I hate that rune, ha ha; especially, when it hits you unexpectedly.

Perhaps this may help. Keep in mind, poison DoT does go through that Hardened or Empowered Shield. So, if a sorc keeps spamming the shield, I just blast you with Poison Injection and/or Lethal Arrow. Better yet, I' may just give you a good taste of Barista or Toxic Barrage. Of course a MagSorc's shield is much more stronger than a StamSorc, but, the more you spam shield, the more I know you will keep using up those precious maj pool; which is better for me to counter with Ambush, Surprise Attack and other brutal arsenals of a StamBlade. As someone who also have MagSorc and StamSorc (but for PvE), I know to use that shield strategically and not spam it. Well.. then again, different skillsets and playstyle for PvP and PvE. I actually have a better fight against a StamSorc versus a mag one in PvP; particularly when those mag ones keep spamming Bolt trying to escape.
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    State of Cyrodiil after update has changed again.
    The amount fo gankers out there now is just out of control, either Snipers (90% of them still are really bad, but when you are outnumbered its pretty much annoying), or the new meta Magblades with ofc PROC set (Calurion's Legacy), funny fact the "removed or nerfed proc sets"...

I suggest ZOS to remove the empower if you are not in combat, that at least could give a heads up before you get hit by those glasscannon cowards that want easy AP, and not actually fight.

No skill what so ever on using a skill from 41m away, with cloak and empower. Neither using a proc set that can hit over 7k easy, right from the start of the battle.

Want to deal with those gankers as a sorc?
    - Defensive rune
    - Keep shields up
    - Curse (they usually on 7 divines => over 10k Curse easy) => flame reach => Frag proc + Execute.
    - Streak either to cut LOS or stun them.

If you fail to shield your self from the first burst, you will die.

Lately I've been ganked by up to 8 NB's at same time... Pretty much pointless. Funny thing is that if its a 8 v +2, they die like super easy since they are horrible players.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curse, implosion, mages wrath has got me a few times while trying to slither away from a fight.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait to use frags and important dodgeable attacks (like flame clench) until they are on the offensive. When they feel threatened and go on the defensive, they'll just dodge/cloak/avoid them.

I also would recommend using impen and having enough health to survive a burst attack if you don't have your shields up.
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    Comically the hate tells I get are from other nightblades moaning because I used Mark.

It's comical, I don't need Mark to kill a Nightblade in 1v1 and only use it when a NB is attacking friendlies over and over and over again while tbagging them like it's hard to build a Stambush that can kill single people on mounts.

To be clear here whining Nightblades. Firstly, I'm a Nightblade and have to deal with Mark and don't feel the need to send hate tells over it and secondly I'm not going to just sit there and LET you kill my faction, deal with it.

killing t-baggers is always a pleasure no matter the class
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

I find that using a meteor combo is a crazy strong way to counter rollerblades on my sorc. Curse, meteor, reach, frags into execute. If they dodge they're done for and if they block they're probably gonna spend some time in cloak to recover which gives you time to reset the fight with some dark deals, put down mines and all that.

I haven’t played a ton of sorc lately, but I personally cannot justify running meteor on builds using reach. It’s just so expensive and if you drop a meteor and don’t get a kill then you know you’ve got to build all that ult back to try again. I finnd that prolonging fights is very dangerous since you increase the likelihood of enough people adding in that you’re in an unmanageable situation(it doesn’t take much for that to occur on sorc with its poorly scaling defensive mechanics). That’s why I like DBoS for dodge builds. It not only hits fairly hard through dodge it also CCs them and ensures your frag will land. Since sorc is already a class with so much counterplay I prefer an ult that’s got no real counter when timed properly. That’s why it’s either cage+meteor or reach+DBoS for me
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 20, 2018 4:05PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mines.. Defensive runes.. Curse.. Detect pots/poisons. Magsorc has ways to fight nbs.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

I haven’t played a ton of sorc lately, but I personally cannot justify running meteor on builds using reach. It’s just so expensive and if you drop a meteor and don’t get a kill then you know you’ve got to build all that ult back to try again. I finnd that prolonging fights is very dangerous since you increase the likelihood of enough people adding in that you’re in an unmanageable situation(it doesn’t take much for that to occur on sorc with its poorly scaling defensive mechanics). That’s why I like DBoS for dodge builds. It not only hits fairly hard through dodge it also CCs them and ensures your frag will land. Since sorc is already a class with so much counterplay I prefer an ult that’s got no real counter when timed properly. That’s why it’s either cage+meteor or reach+DBoS for me

I use meteor for the mage guild passive, and it’s mostly to drop on groups of players. Sure the guy getting hit blocks it, but not the five potatoes stacking on him.

You’re right though, it’s terrible in a 1v1 with reach.
    Edited by Minalan on February 20, 2018 6:06PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune always seems slow to me when dealing with a NB. I prefer streaking through pretty much any aggressive melee build.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normally I'd say Soul Harvest them, CC and and kill. But Soul Harvest isn't dodgable and Dongbreaker isn't always reliable. There needs to be a few undodgable ultimates IMO but not normal skills
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I figured it out, they are squishy you see so you just kill them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOAXWZux_3o&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for low quality all I got is movie maker lol
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, as a stamblade player, magsorc is certainly a harder target. I stay in stealth and watch them for a bit seeing how proactive they are in keeping up their op defenses.

That amd dk can be very tough.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immovable-potions.jpg

That pics out of date . Duration is half now .
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    immovable-potions.jpg

That pics out of date . Duration is half now .

It was down to a third until they fixed it!
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    If you just try to ward through a NB burst you need to have really weighted stats.

Like most classes, there is more to winning than just the A, B, C basic build. You need to learn to play a little more fluid, use strong CC that is timed well, potions, mobility, LOS, block, dodge... sounds basic... but so many people stand there and fling the same rotation at me over and over, and they die a lot.

Dynamic sorcs, those that can play well and be flexible... they are a PITA to fight. You don't have to stack stats to be effective, you have to play well and have some build versatility.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion