The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB Sap Tank (Shadow Knight) PvP in Cyrodiil.

Rex-Umbra
Rex-Umbra
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭

Latest Daddicus Gaming video featuring Rex Umbra Sap Tank (Shadow Knight) doing some PvP in Cyrodiil.

https://youtu.be/yBQeEodmNmc
(Likes, Follows and Comments are always appreciated)
Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will check out your other videos to see your set up.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the point is to get in the middle of the enemies and do what? just hang around?
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    So the point is to get in the middle of the enemies and do what? just hang around?
    Believe it or not when you can tank someone or a group of people and they leave because they can't kill you, it's a pretty good feeling and a fun time
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any videos that showcase the effectiveness of the build outside of zerging?
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    if you can work a befoul set into this then there you go. group support with defile maybe throw in resto ult with nb passives. almost perm resto ult. +awesome
    Edited by NoFlash on February 20, 2018 12:34PM
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is my Cyrodiil video, have done bg and duel videos in the past and will once i get Dragon Bone update. Point is speed, utility in your face combat while offering high dmg and group healing and buffs to faction via speed and healing with 50k magicka and 3k fully buffed spell and weapon dmg it hits hard just look at the ap i am getting.
    Edited by Rex-Umbra on February 20, 2018 2:54PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a lot of fun, can you link your build?

Dont have sound at work in case you talk about it in the vid.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shackle, training, 1 domihaus 1 any max magicka monster set piece. 5 1 1 all points in magucka and tri stat all pieces
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Shackle, training, 1 domihaus 1 any max magicka monster set piece. 5 1 1 all points in magucka and tri stat all pieces

Tried this out and I am having a great time with this build thank you!
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, Im also really struggeling to put together a decent saptank since the leeching strikes nerfes.. This setup was euphorizing me and looked very promising (I'm playing tanky magblades since beta and almost tested out any build so far). After putting it together and testing stuff out, I sadly quickly realized that I can not achive decent enough damage to kill players while maintaining tankability that defines a saptank.

I think the main problem in playing saptank is the lack of a reliable burstheal (I like purge but its not resource effient :( ), which you can only compensate with a group that provides heals (as shown in the video). The native NB HoTs are decent but wont be enough to keep you alive, even when stacked (refreshing path, sap, swallow soul).

Even if I play with resto staff, the playstyle doesnt really fit to a saptank because healing ward doesnt scale on enemies hitting you and burns magicka as well.

I took a closer look into healthy offering since its Tooltip is really high, but the upfront health cost is not worth it in the long run (5k cost every 8 seconds), and you end up exposing yourself to execute abilities.. Also reapers mark looks promising on paper for its burstheal and damage boost, but I simply cant find a build where I have enough pressure to make productive use of it.

Do you guys have any idea on how to make a saptank work in a more smallscale environment with enough damage to pressure people while not cutting tankability too short?? Pretty desperate right now and almost feel the class is in a place where it just shouldnt be played in this style anymore :(
  • okiekix
    okiekix
    What stats are higher stam or magica looks like Jian what sets would love to do 1 of these for fun
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need high magicka and recovery or cost reduction because sap is a pretty expensive skill and strife is going to be pretty expensive as well next update. Most Saptanks only use stam for blocking but I use it for debuffs reflects and or stuns with the sword and board skill line. Though I will be making use of a frost staff as well next update since 2 handers will finally count as two slots.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn, dragon guard, caluurion.

Bloodspawn+ dragon guard+pots+siphoning skills = resto or spell wall ult spam.

Guaranteed Crit Cloak+concealed weapon-> Caluurion = ridiculous burst potential.

Bs/dg have recovery built in and you could accentuate them with a combo of glyphs/mundus. Say, 2 sd glyphs 1 mag reg, and the serpent mundus.

Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn, dragon guard, caluurion.

Bloodspawn+ dragon guard+pots+siphoning skills = resto or spell wall ult spam.

Guaranteed Crit Cloak+concealed weapon-> Caluurion = ridiculous burst potential.

Bs/dg have recovery built in and you could accentuate them with a combo of glyphs/mundus. Say, 2 sd glyphs 1 mag reg, and the serpent mundus.

That first one crossed my mind for a different class. But, I personally was thinking after Summerset transmute dragon jewelry to Magicka and using light armor
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few things I noticed:

- 95% of the time you're only use your mainbar, means you usually use only 6 instead of 12 skills

- as tank your only CC is soul tether, you're more a meatshield trolling newbies (no offense)

- every fight you have many allies behind you, supporting you and they saved your ass if you are on low ressoucres

Finally I think there some problems but I understand it. Your magicka is high cause your survivability depends on Siphon skills means you need the damage and the spamability but the trade off is losing regen.
    That would be also the explanation for why you're actively run only a few skills cause you can 'waist' your magicka for skills like grasp or fear.

IMO a good NB healer with better sustain can be tanky as you but also able to heal, CC etc the allies.
    You could try a build with frost + restro with sets like wizards riposte, bloodthorn or seducers. :)
    PC EU - DC only