The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please add option to furnish houses after we purchase them

ihtizar
ihtizar
✭✭
I personally didn't think i would not be able to "Auto-furnish the house" after i purchased it, ZOS please make it possible, with a warning that all of your current items fro the house will be deleted
Aldmeri dominion main eu/PC
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decorating homes is part of the allure for some people. In the purchase tab, it does give you the option to buy them furnished. Maybe next time buy your home furnished with crowns?
    Edited by Pink_E_808 on February 18, 2018 8:24PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be great to get some type of randomized furnished housing arrangement as well.
  • ihtizar
    ihtizar
    ✭✭
    Pink_E_808 wrote: »
    Decorating homes is part of the allure for some people. In the purchase tab, it does give you the option to buy them furnished. Maybe next time buy your home furnished with crowns?

People might want to have this as an option, and it is not a counter-measure for decorating your own house too, that's just being able to auto decorate the house for those who don't have enough time /care enough to decorate
    Edited by ihtizar on February 18, 2018 8:59PM
    Aldmeri dominion main eu/PC
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally get what you mean, and it would be awesome, but I've just been trying to picture how they would implement that. Like, how would the program know to put that particular chair there instead of the other chair or that table here instead of a barrel or crate? Would it have to be a special furnishing pack that would auto place kitchen items or parlor decor or outdoor stuff? How would that change with all the different rooms in the different homes? I don't know jack about programming something like that, but it seems like it would be really complicated to implement.
    I've occasionally seen people, at least on PS4, that offer decorating services, maybe you can find someone to help ya out.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nakogas wrote: »

People might want to have this as an option, and it is not a counter-measure for decorating your own house too, that's just being able to auto decorate the house for those who don't have enough time /care enough to decorate

But there is an option. Buy it furnished with Crowns. I'm guessing, though, that you purchased it with gold? But why, then, did you purchase a house unfurnished with no desire to decorate it? I can see that if you purchased it with gold, you simply didn't want to spend Crowns on housing. If you did purchase it with Crowns, then I wonder why you didn't just go ahead and purchase the furnished version if you don't really have any time/desire to decorate it yourself?

It sounds like you want an option to buy a house and auto-furnish it solely with gold, which won't happen, since they want to sell furnishings via the Crown Store.

There are furnishing packs available for sale in the crown store that could make it somewhat easier - you'd still have to place the items, and they are limited (only Imperial/Breton/Redguard furnishings in those packs). But, I guess they could add an option to buy a decorator pack that adds all the items in the furnished version of the house and places them where they're placed in that furnished version. So, one could buy a house with gold and then buy the decorator pack with Crowns to add the furnishings that are available with the furnished Crown version.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nakogas wrote: »

In addition to what @Jayne_Doe said... do you realize that the Crowns Cost to furnish a home is not the 3k extra that it costs when purchasing with crowns? Try 12-20k. Or more, depending on how fancy you want to get. And no, ZOS is never going to make a gold option, we can't even buy all homes for gold.