Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will all these major bugs get hotfixed??? COULD SOME DEVELOPER PLS COMMENT HERE?

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
(my previous tread about this was closed - because of "no constructive discussion there", LOL, but why it was not constructive? BECAUSE NO DEVELOPER, NOR ADMIN FELT THE SLIGHTEST NEED TO REPLY THERE!!)

I was recommended to post this topic to bug reports section, so a bit of a re-post:

I mean I love this game, it is really great and also that you are releasing new stuff every quarter!!

But, could you please try to focus more on testing, before releasing? Why is it, that with every big update, there are new major bugs introduced to the game, that then usually take more weeks, or even months to fix them?

for example these are really not good
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395314/merciless-resolve-light-attack-stack-delay

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395247/new-assasins-will-is-actually-a-dps-loss

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395380/storage-boxes-eating-items-and-esos-ingame-support-system-for-missing-items

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395501/insane-weapon-swap-lag

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395265/character-constantly-getting-frozen-in-dungeons
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395296/stamblades-getting-stuck-in-place-in-combat-v3-3-5

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395212/what-the-f-is-wrong-with-bar-swap

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/396227/ground-aoes-are-cancelling-themselves-after-a-weapon-swap/p1

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    COULD SOME DEVELOPER PLS COMMENT HERE?
    Developers don't post here, i'm afraid ...
    sad.gif
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar swap is expected to be fixed with Monday's maintenance. In the meantime, turning you textures to low helps.

Can I suggest that you try using the Dev Tracker?
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 18, 2018 6:49PM
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    This whole situation with new updates bringing huge bugs every single time is a shame!
    I played once like every day but now i barely play (and now my main Character is unplayable due to that weapon swap problem).
    Pls if there is one of the devs reading that, pls make this game fun again (maybe fire that Wrobel guy, i think he is the main problem in regard of balancing pve and pvp lol)
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    "WTB Cryomancy, a Spellsword, intelligent Pets maybe?!"
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah some mention would be nice
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    waiting for ZOS to reply....
    fVNT5Oa.jpg
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them are fixed or made better in today's patch.

Said by Gina/Jess on ESO Live and apparently in the German Patch Notes which are already up.

From Mureel's Natch Potes thread.
    Mureel wrote: »
    This! ^ :trollface:
    So according to German forum (rough translation), patch will be 140mb, and following a successful final test on live server, will cover weapon swap, the house chest issue, and bad loadscreen times especially in Vvardenfel and CWC.
    TY ZOS_KaiSchober

Also calling out Devs/Mods isn't going to get you a reply, more likely to just have the thread locked again (especially if it's a remake of a previous closed one).
    Edited by Turelus on February 19, 2018 11:07AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Some of them are fixed or made better in today's patch.

Said by Gina/Jess on ESO Live and apparently in the German Patch Notes which are already up.

From Mureel's Natch Potes thread.
    Mureel wrote: »
    This! ^ :trollface:
    So according to German forum (rough translation), patch will be 140mb, and following a successful final test on live server, will cover weapon swap, the house chest issue, and bad loadscreen times especially in Vvardenfel and CWC.
    TY ZOS_KaiSchober

Also calling out Devs/Mods isn't going to get you a reply, more likely to just have the thread locked again (especially if it's a remake of a previous closed one).

oh, nice for the fixes!

well, I re-posted this, as I was recommended by the admin in my previous tread, that I should write it to bug reports section
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, I re-posted this, as I was recommended by the admin in my previous tread, that I should write it to bug reports section
    Ah, that's fair enough then.

Normally they're pretty strict on not letting people reopen their closed threads though.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    complaining that you dont get a response from devs, and tagging every single forum person would be highly annoying to them.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    complaining that you dont get a response from devs, and tagging every single forum person would be highly annoying to them.

well yes, the same, as it is annoying for me (and I bet I am not alone), that there are major bugs, but noone from ZOS responds about them and they do not get hotfixed soon
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well yes, the same, as it is annoying for me (and I bet I am not alone), that there are major bugs, but noone from ZOS responds about them and they do not get hotfixed soon
    If you check the threads on the issues they're normally updated by Gina when information is available. Some of the ones in your list have ZOS replies.

Just keep an eye on the Dev Tracker if you don't already to see where they're posting and what's being said.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bar swap is expected to be fixed with Monday's maintenance. In the meantime, turning you textures to low helps.

According to the notes it seems that they couldn't even fix THAT entirely.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

According to the notes it seems that they couldn't even fix THAT entirely.

Yeah, unfortunately.

"Implemented several improvements to the issue where you weren’t able to reliably and consistently swap your weapon.
    Known Issue: In some cases, you may still notice a slight delay when swapping weapons. Additionally, you currently won’t see the weapon swap animation from other players."
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh you're not alone. It's exceptionally frustrating.

My biggest problem is when we post stuff like the activity finder requiring 10000 ready checks and lightning staff attack bugs that have been happening for like a year but they have straight radio silence on them. How many bugs can they sweep under the rug before there is no more room?

As a console player I am going to be afraid to even touch the new housing storage for fear of losing my items and why in God's name would I touch an outfit system which they literally admitted in the patch notes caused PC players performance drops. Why would the same thing not happen on console and then take a week to fix?

They need to do something like give ESO+ subs an option for phone or live chat support. That I pay $15 for a premium tier sub and have to resort to using message boards and freaking e-mail for support for a game this complex that has issues that are even more complex is absolutely mind-blowing to me.

Getting someone to reply to your issues and understand your frustrations goes a long way towards abating your anger as a customer who has been wronged.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 19, 2018 3:48PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Oh you're not alone. It's exceptionally frustrating.

My biggest problem is when we post stuff like the activity finder requiring 10000 ready checks and lightning staff attack bugs that have been happening for like a year but they have straight radio silence on them. How many bugs can they sweep under the rug before there is no more room?

As a console player I am going to be afraid to even touch the new housing storage for fear of losing my items and why in God's name would I touch an outfit system which they literally admitted in the patch notes caused PC players performance drops. Why would the same thing not happen on console and then take a week to fix?

They need to do something like give ESO+ subs an option for phone or live chat support. That I pay $15 for a premium tier sub and have to resort to using message boards and freaking e-mail for support for a game this complex that has issues that are even more complex is absolutely mind-blowing to me.

Getting someone to reply to your issues and understand your frustrations goes a long way towards abating your anger as a customer who has been wronged.

exactly this!!
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify the vernacular, at least as I understand it... Hotfixes are server-side, patches require the client to be updated. Just be mindful that some fixes may not be quick, easy, server-exclusive, or client-exclusive.

And have patience. Those are human beings working over there. You're human too, right?
          In verity.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    Just to clarify the vernacular, at least as I understand it... Hotfixes are server-side, patches require the client to be updated. Just be mindful that some fixes may not be quick, easy, server-exclusive, or client-exclusive.

And have patience. Those are human beings working over there. You're human too, right?

Dude I've been getting stuck in lightning staff heavy attacks and having my game crash in Cyrodiil since I've started playing the game. Those are 2 of MANY issues I could mention. There's 0 chance any real human beings are working on these issues.

Like is there one guy who's been going in to work every day since homestead just saying to himself "Damn I just can't get that activity finder to say someone declined the inv when no one did.... gotta keep trying!"

More likely then not they tried a couple times to fix it and it was difficult so they gave up. That's the only explanation for the longevity of these issues other than they are blatantly ignoring them which I don't think is the case.

Idk about you but at my job, If a customer has an issue that we cannot address, they are told ASAP without hesitation. What I would like is for them to just come out and TELL ME when i report an issue they can't fix so I don't spend all this time asking for a fix. It's insulting they keep us in the dark way more than necessary and I pay a premium sub tier. It's gross.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 20, 2018 3:46PM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379179/bug-executioner-passive

Not exactly small either, and been around for a while :(

There just <seem> to be more and more bugs getting introduced and less getting fixed, i'd love to know what's being worked on so I don't have to keep an eye on threads. A simple comment like <confirmed & logged internally> would be great.