The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade "sacrifice heal" damages your armor, and relatively quickly too. Bug/unintended?

Dapper Dinosaur
Dapper Dinosaur
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was farming the caravan with some people (yeah, sue me), and I was using my nightblade's heal where you "sacrifice your essence" to put a heal on someone else or yourself, and my armor eventually all broke without me actually doing any combat myself.

Is this a bug, unintended, intended? This is a big problem for any nightblade healer that might want to use this skill.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor does break down based on exp received as well, but it doesn't seem like that would be causing your issue either.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there for about an hour and a half, so maybe it was the exp? I was with 4+ people though so the gains were almost nothing. I doubt that was the cause.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your armor breaks from xp, not damage.
    PC/EU DC
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your armor breaks from xp, not damage.

Correct. I found this out the hard years ago while grinding CP on my MagSorc (back in VR14 days I learned this). Lmao. Gear would be destroyed while grinding spiders very quitckly, and it’s baffle me as to why. I mean, wouldn’t you wonder why too if you were constantly keeping your wards up? Come to find out, it is all based upon experience points.
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    It breaks from damage as well. Just take a large fall that does or almost kills you. Your armor will be damaged from it. (Unless of course, they changed that in this patch)
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that skill. I wish they'd revert it back to its original form.
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try and test that out tonight after work.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It breaks from damage as well. Just take a large fall that does or almost kills you. Your armor will be damaged from it. (Unless of course, they changed that in this patch)

No, taking non-fatal damage has never damaged armor. If you go aggro some mobs, let them wail on your for a while, then don't kill them and deaggro, your armor will still be at 100%