The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix lag or let me move my account to EU

rteezy
rteezy
✭✭✭
Latency and lag have been awful since, well, foreve.Which is terrible given that this is 2018 and ZOS considers eso a top AAA mmo ..msot of the top AAA mmos are older and have MUCH better performance...

Now the problem is, i moved back home, from NA to EU and if the lag was bad there, now its making it impossible to pvp...AND i cant move any toon to EU and by logging into EU i lose everything (cp,mounts, achieves, all the $$ i spent on the store..)>>> given the very poor quality of the service it would be a bare minimum to help out people in my situation..ELSE you sort of funnel me and others into breaking TOS in terms of selling/Buying accounts because no one wants to lose all the time and $$ invested, sicne if i bite the bullet and go EU EVERYTHING in my NA accoutn will be worthless including all the time spent and money used..(plus everyone knows that what im asking is doable, not only you have done it before when consoles opened, but every game does it, CHARGE us for all i care, charge 100$ for every character transfer for all i care, but do something.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably not going to happen mate :/
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If complaints were going to solve the lag, it'd be fixed a long time ago. I'm sorry for your situation, but neither is going to happen.
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    I agree this should be an option available to transfer from na to eu and vica versa, the lag is terrible.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rteezy this has been asked for many times, and ignored many times. Somewhere in the FAQ, they state that cross-server/platform transfers will not be offered. Ever.

You already named the solution. That's the only one.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EU is the same
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    @rteezy this has been asked for many times, and ignored many times. Somewhere in the FAQ, they state that cross-server/platform transfers will not be offered. Ever.

Here's the platform answer: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25807/kw/transfer
    Can I transfer my ESO account and characters between different platforms?
    Updated 11/27/2017 10:30 AM
    We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform. We were only able move characters in bulk for console once on June 1st 2015 because the database tables we copied to were brand new (empty). Now that the database tables are filled with other data, the techniques we used before no longer work.

Here's the server answer: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30373/kw/transfer server
    I purchased items from the Crown Store on the wrong server. Can you move my items to the other server?
    Updated 01/07/2016 08:49 AM
    We are not able to move items purchased from the Crown Store between servers.

And here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20547/kw/transfer server
    Can I send characters or items from one server to another (NA server to EU server and vice-versa)?
    Updated 01/07/2016 02:20 PM
    No. You are not able to transfer characters or items from one server to another. You can, however, transfer items from one character to another within the same server by using the in-game Bank.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me give you an example of how the elder scrolls online works in a couple phrases.. Oh the game doesn't work? You cant play? You dont like it? WELP, deal with it or leave. And my favorite one; **** you, give me money.

Sorry. I have 900 cp on xbox and 170 on PC. Started pc last week, long road ahead but please let me give you some advice.

Vivec is almost, if not, just as bad as it is on xbox when it comes to lag. I have heard from a lot of players they move to one server or another to escape the lag. I dont think that helps. I think this games servers are busted, especially in pvp or large player gathering areas. Now will they ever fix it? Probably not.

Zos doesn't make money off of the skilled 10% of players in the game..They make money off of the casual 90% of the game who will either aspire to be top players or remain casual, or role players, or questers etc.. Things that aren't DESTROYED by lag. So this means if the 90% aren't complaining then why fix it for the players who want to play in the somewhat competitive ways the game has left. Why fix it for the players who actually care...? That costs money. Until we have a forum post with 10 thousand people complaining i doubt it gets fixed. And even still maybe not.. but i could be wrong and i hope i am.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Start again. there's logic in that somewhere.
    Otherwise, learn to play with crap performance. There's plenty of people around with experience that can help you.

• AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU has lag issues as well, I doubt it is any different. I was in a que of 40 in PVP this weekend. lol
    Edited by AnviOfVai on February 19, 2018 9:42AM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭

Here's the platform answer: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25807/kw/transfer
    We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform. We were only able move characters in bulk for console once on June 1st 2015 because the database tables we copied to were brand new (empty). Now that the database tables are filled with other data, the techniques we used before no longer work.

c'mon do you guys 'We cannot copy tables from 1 DB to another because the target DB is full of data' won't wash I'm afraid. Just tell us that it is not your policy and be done with it. Give me a DB backup and I could write you a script in a day. :trollface: seriously give me a copy of the live db.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    170 on PC. Started pc last week

Go outside
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Go outside

Or let them live their life how they see fit.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Go outside

Pffft. I did the whole "go outside" thing for 50 years. Now (especially now with the winter weather) I'm perfectly content to spend time gaming.

Although I do admit those graphics are pretty intense. ;)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LAg is awful on EU too atm. Completely intolerable at this point.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    Latency and lag have been awful since, well, foreve.Which is terrible given that this is 2018 and ZOS considers eso a top AAA mmo ..msot of the top AAA mmos are older and have MUCH better performance...

Now the problem is, i moved back home, from NA to EU and if the lag was bad there, now its making it impossible to pvp...AND i cant move any toon to EU and by logging into EU i lose everything (cp,mounts, achieves, all the $$ i spent on the store..)>>> given the very poor quality of the service it would be a bare minimum to help out people in my situation..ELSE you sort of funnel me and others into breaking TOS in terms of selling/Buying accounts because no one wants to lose all the time and $$ invested, sicne if i bite the bullet and go EU EVERYTHING in my NA accoutn will be worthless including all the time spent and money used..(plus everyone knows that what im asking is doable, not only you have done it before when consoles opened, but every game does it, CHARGE us for all i care, charge 100$ for every character transfer for all i care, but do something.

Not only that but moving characters on both NA and EU accounts to and from the PTS server is done every PTS cycle, so yeah. Having a server move service i.e. on set dates every 6 months that you sign up for on your account page, maybe for a fee, wouldn't perhaps be that overly hard to execute.

It's too much $$ spent on account that isn't account wide but server or character bound.
    Edited by Idinuse on February 19, 2018 11:10AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See id rather go to Na
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If, I get a job in EU... I thought I'd have to quit the game... but I heard the ping in europe on the NA server is still better than it is in Australia.
    Edited by Narvuntien on February 19, 2018 12:42PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »

c'mon do you guys 'We cannot copy tables from 1 DB to another because the target DB is full of data' won't wash I'm afraid. Just tell us that it is not your policy and be done with it. Give me a DB backup and I could write you a script in a day. :trollface: seriously give me a copy of the live db.

Actually it makes perfect sense to me. Think about all the unique item IDs that could collide when copying data from one database into another.

Yes, they could develop new code to reassign those IDs as they copied, but they are focused on other likely more profitable enhancements. And imagine the potential issues with the inevitable bugs.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the lag was not an issue in NA but is in EU then it is obviously not an ESO issue. Also, your account is good on both NA and EU though the characters and achievements do not carry over. There are a number of players that started their game on both servers and play just well on both servers.

BTW, while I am probably fortunate. My ping is not even double on the more distant server than the one closer to me.

Finally, there is a subscription service that routs your data through more optimal paths and improves ping as a result. It is used by some gamers but I do not recall the name of the service.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why account transfer doesn't exist. It would make perfect sense to make it paid service.
    Edited by Octopuss on February 19, 2018 1:53PM
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually it makes perfect sense to me. Think about all the unique item IDs that could collide when copying data from one database into another.

Yes, they could develop new code to reassign those IDs as they copied, but they are focused on other likely more profitable enhancements. And imagine the potential issues with the inevitable bugs.

You're aware they copy data from the live servers to the PTS on the regular, right?
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arteezy you're my favorite dota player <3 please notice me, daddy.
    Edited by Dracane on February 19, 2018 2:02PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »

You're aware they copy data from the live servers to the PTS on the regular, right?

Yes, I am aware they wipe data to do that. Totally different. They wipe NA to copy EU for example. So no issues with IDs.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    but every game does it, CHARGE us for all i care, charge 100$ for every character transfer for all i care, but do something.

I agree, I don't understand why they don't allow this. They would make players happy and they would profit at the same time. How is that not win-win? Sometimes you have to wonder what is going on with old Zeni, why is paid character transfer not implemented. I mean are there even any reasons not to?

The reasons the devs have given are ridiculously nonsensical: "Now that the database tables are filled with other data, the techniques we used before no longer work.". Is this Zeni's attempt at technobabble?
    Edited by Jayman1000 on February 19, 2018 2:45PM