Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resource Guards and the CC Mayhem

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Dunno where this should go but I wanted to leave my thoughts about it somewhere.

I was way over in DC territory and wanted to get out of Cyrodiil, so I decided to throw myself into an enemy Resource so I can quick revive at a Home Gate. But just standing in the middle of the four Guards I took notice of what happened to me.

Why is it that there's no CC immunity cooldown applied to you once one hits you? Y'know that gold aura that locks you in place into a crouch? That hit me three consecutive times on top of the Tower Mage Eclipsing me. It was literally Stun, stand up, Stun, stand up, Stun again. Isn't this a bit too powerful? Whenever when I'm fighting back Level 4 and 5 Resource Guards are a gigantic pain in the butt when by yourself. (and of course in my Campaigns at least there are many a time no one else cares at all about our Resources. A Level 5 Dominion Mine at Farragut is common.)
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity is broken ATM.

I don't think PvP is all that playable with broken CC
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • paallterrain148
    CC immunity is broken ATM.

I don't think PvP is all that playable with broken CC

Please explain in more detail or tell me where I can find it? It seems like to me sometimes it works, and then I get shalk cced, break free and get immediately dizzy swung into the air.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon, this will be another animation cancelling. It is going to be made an unintended but intended feature. They have been struggling with that for a while. And are struggling with this.

EDIT: I have no gripes with animation cancelling but also an advocate of improved version if it is going to be a feature because as is, it is just... clunky. I want to animation cancel like I could before when I was located in NA.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on February 18, 2018 10:46AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guard CC does not trigger CC immunity on expire at all, only on CC-break. Been like this since forever.

But at least their eclipse no longer reflects every single-target magical ability like it used to (flame lash, burning embers, etc) while being unbreakable and instantly reapplied on expire. THAT was a total pain in the ass.