Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

UPDATED: ESO UI Error (dialog too long to fit in the frame or for screenshot to attach to /bug)

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

First, the game client crashed after I closed the Guild Store UI Sell from Crafting Bag feature, and entered /reloadui because Add to list was not on the item context menu. The game client displayed a report form and asked me to describe what I was doing when the crash occurred. I completed it, and the game client exited.

Note: I had previously disabled the addon Item Preview via the ESC > Addons menu, but I did not reload the UI immediately and simply used Resume.

Second, after the crash, I ran the Launcher Option to Repair Files. After it finished the task, I launched eso64.exe via a desktop shortcut (as I have always done since the 64-bit client became available).

Third, the "ESO UI Error" dialog shown below was immediately displayed after I logged-on to the character which I chose to play:
EsoUI/Ingame/TradingHouse/Keyboard/TradingHouse_Keyboard.lua:243: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/TradingHouse/Keyboard/TradingHouse_Keyboard.lua:243: in function 'visibilityFunction'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:841: in function 'IsVisible'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:847: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:SetUpButton'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:516: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
EsoUI/Ingame/TradingHouse/Keyboard/TradingHouse_Keyboard.lua:150: in function 'SceneStateChange'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:269: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/InteractScene.lua:75: in function 'ZO_InteractScene:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:161: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowScene'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:252: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:ShowScene'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:335: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateHidden'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:239: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:OnSceneStateChange'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:282: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateChange'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:329: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:270: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/InteractScene.lua:75: in function 'ZO_InteractScene:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:402: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnTransitionComplete'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:397: in function 'ZO_Scene:DetermineIfTransitionIsComplete'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:330: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnSceneFragmentStateChange'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:114: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:124: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:OnHidden'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragmentTemplates.lua:75: in function '(anonymous)'

Now, my character is not able to access the Guild Store with a Banker.

Consequently, my character cannot list any items to Sell!!

ZOS owes me 100K Gold Pieces per day as damages until this UI Error is fixed. :neutral:

As my World of Warcraft paladin once had occasion to say, "Idiots! I have idiots on my team!" ....

Please refer to the UPDATE in message #5 of this thread. The above UI Error is related to loading the addon ESO Master Recipe List version 1.54.5

Edited by Shadowshire on February 16, 2018 10:17AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it might be some other addons broken too (not updated yet).

I opened crown crates screen yesterday and after that I could not use any skills, could not open the game menu (esc key), nor any other menus (inventory, collectibles, etc)...

without addons it worked fine...

wait until all of them update
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    it might be some other addons broken too (not updated yet).

I opened crown crates screen yesterday and after that I could not use any skills, could not open the game menu (esc key), nor any other menus (inventory, collectibles, etc)...

without addons it worked fine...

wait until all of them update
    Wait until when? Hell will freeze over first. :smiley:

As far as I know, the unmodified Guild Store UI does not display (enable) access to the Crafting Bag even though the character has one. I have reported that previously in message #9 during the following discussion began on February 6:

Cannot Sell Items Directly From Craft Bag

Enabling the add-on Awesome Guild Store restores access to the Crafting Bag. Albeit, it might be the ultimate cause for the absence of Add to listing from the context menu for items in the Crafting Bag.

In my experience since installing Update 17 on Monday, 12 February 2018, the absence of Add to listing from the context menu for items in the Crafting Bag has not been remedied. There has been no acknowledgement of it from ZOS. Not that I expect any.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE: After I renamed the Addons folder to "UI Mods", then launched the game client as described above, the UI Error dialog has not been displayed. (The game client creates an empty Addons folder when it runs.) So, without any add-on loaded and running:
    • The Crafting Bag is not available while I access the Bank Account, whether it should be.
    • The Crafting Bag is not available while I access a Guild Store via either a Banker or a Guild Trader.
    • The Crafting Bag is available while I access a character's Bags. I can stow crafting materials in it. I can also retrieve items from it, although there is no point to doing that unless I want to sell them via the Trade UI. (Note: I don't know whether the Trade UI works now).
    • Materials stored in the Crafting Bag are available for use at Crafting Workstations, as well as materials which are stored in the Bank Account and/or in the character's Bags.
    • The Setting to automatically store crafting materials in the Crafting Bag when they are received works regardless of whether any addon is loaded.
    Now let's be honest about the lousy design and lack of utility in the "native UI" which are revealed when no add-ons are loaded. The add-ons modify the UI features, and/or add data, and/or add or modify processes -- the results of which are superior to anything that the ZOS developers have been apparently permitted, whether able, to provide.

In particular, Awesome Guild Store and Master Merchant are absolutely necessary to effectively engage in profitable commerce via the Guild Store + Guild Trader system. No one can do it with just the "native" Guild Store UI. It makes the ZOS development team look professionally incompetent, but communicates the contempt which Zenimax has for its customers quite effectively.

Indeed, on the face of it, it seems reasonable to assume that Zenimax deliberately chose to invest the least amount of time and effort -- i.e., money -- to develop the most minimal UI for each of the game's various features. They anticipated that they could count on reaping the benefits from the time, effort, knowledge, and skill of volunteer add-on develolpers, who would do the essential work at no cost to Zenimax.

That said, perhaps we would all be much better off to abandon the Guild Store + Guild Trader system entirely and use the addon Nirn Auction House instead. It is not as efficient as it would be if it were integrated fully into the game, but it works. There are also players who fill the Chat windows with "WTB" and "WTS" messages. Then again, if I wanted to use those alternatives, then I doubt that I would be posting these Bug Reports.

In sum, short, and fine, I will find some other game to play if I cannot play TESO with most of the add-ons which I have become accustomed to using. The "native UI" for TESO is simply too sub-par.

Edited by Shadowshire on February 16, 2018 5:54AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE: As far as I've been able to determine, the UI Error dialog which I reported in the OP occurs while the addon ESO Master Recipe List is loaded. When a character accesses a Provisioning Cook Fire, the following UI Error is shown on the HUD:

b6sgsj24fvjy.png

On the face of it, perhaps both the ESO game client and the addon have one or more flaws. It remains unclear whether fixing the above UI error in ESO Master Recipe List will also stop the display of the game client's UI Error dialog in the context which I described in the OP.

Thank-you for your time and attention to this matter. It seems once again that God has cursed me with the propensity to find bugs in software that no one else will ever find. I have a long resume in that respect. :blush:

Edited by Shadowshire on February 16, 2018 10:09AM

• SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add-ons are the responsibility of the author, not ZOS. If you check the comments in ESOUI for Master Recipe, someone posted a temp fix.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SilentRaven1972 : Things are not always the way that they seem to be.
    Add-ons are the responsibility of the author, not ZOS. If you check the comments in ESOUI for Master Recipe, someone posted a temp fix.
    Yes, add-ons are the resposibility of their developer. But that does not mean that the game client UI does not have any coding errors. If the UI Error dialog in the OP looks familiar, that is because the game client source is written with the same programming language that is used by the add-on developers.

That said, the UI Error dialog that is displayed when a character accesses a Cooking Fire has not occurred with each and every one of my four characters. I fulfill the daily Crafting Writs with each one almost every day. But the ESO Master Recipe List UI Errror dialog has been displayed with only two of them.

In comparison, the UI Error dialog which I reported in the OP occurs with each one of them, regardless. After I de-select ESO Master Recipe List and reload the UI, the ESO UI Error dialog shown in the OP does not occur, and each character can interact with a Banker to access the Guild Store.

I load about 95% of the same add-ons for each character. It seems possible that a third add-on among the ones that they do not load in common has some effect on whether the ESO Master Recipe List dialog is displayed when a character accesses a Cooking Fire.

Thanks for mentioning the fix -- I planned to go to ESOUI.com to report the UI error after checking this thread. (I just logged-on to my computer a few minutes before signing-in to this forum.)

Edited by Shadowshire on February 16, 2018 9:55PM