The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So, are the early buyers of the new housing...

• SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Mix wrote: »
    I have also been wondering what ZoS will do about this. To me it is an exploit of a bug - an obvious bug, but i know how hard it would be to not hit "buy".

I just want to see the folks have those houses removed from their collections (or since it will likely be a case-by-case thing - the buyer could choose to pay the difference in Crowns and keep the house which they may have already started decorating)

No one should be rewarded for exploiting.

As for the seller being responsible for the pricing there are caveats. There are stores with "Scanning Code of Practice" signs in which they will honor a certain difference in dollar value if an item scans wrong, but not beyond that.

This feels like if a online car dealer had a glitch and every single car was $1 when they were actually all supposed to be $18,000. No one is getting their car for $1 - even if they'd already paid their $1.

This is pretty much how I feel. It is exploiting something that wasn't even meant to be on sale yet, let alone for 1 crown, but if ZoS is okay with this, then I'll be sure to look out for such "bargains" in future.

I hope a lot of the people who would have purchased those houses at their full price already now got them for 1 crown. It serves ZoS right.

If ZoS lets people keep them, I am kind of hoping nobody who would have purchased those houses uses crowns on those houses. Honestly, if you are willing to wait a little, it isn't that hard to get the gold with very little effort anyways.

Simply because that would mean ZoS doesn't really need the money and we should show ZoS that we understand. If they put the house on for 1 crown though, then I guess everyone will be buying crowns.

On the same token, I don't think anyone should get in trouble because it would be hard to tell who made an honest mistake (thought the 1 crown was a visual glitch, thought that 1 crown was the intended price, etc.)

Honestly, my question wasn't intended as a 'should people be banned for this?', but 'will people get to keep the houses?'
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 21, 2018 12:15PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    All three were available for 1 crown? I'd thought it was just Coldharbour. In that case, why should I consider buying the one I wanted (the palace) for full price if someone else got it for 1 crown. Screw that.

and if someone got a £125 blender for £50, you would not want that blender anymore - even if it was top of the line and totally worth £125?

What other people pay for something does not devalue things for me - if I find value in them.

*Still buying*

I thought someone would reply with an example like this. I don't recall seeing a blender anywhere for £1. If I spent £125 on it but someone knowingly took advantage of the stores stupidity and got it for £1, yes I'd be annoyed. These houses are over-priced as it is without mistakes like this.

I'll see how I feel when the time comes, but I don't see why ZoS deserves my money if folk can get away with spending 1 crown on something they knew was mistakenly listed so low. Not even the cheapest house sells for 1 crown.

That's because you're salty and get all mad when you're asleep at the wheel when others are paying attention.
    I bought the land for gold and worth every piece.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There were 3 for 1 crown; Coldharbour, Princely and one other, although I forget the name of the 3rd.

I bought CH with gold and I will buy princely too. Whichever currency.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    Apparently they were up and there was at least one that was available for next to literally nothing... so they were taken down quickly to be repaired.
    But I too am curious to know if the people that were fortunate enough to be on for that window get to keep the houses they "bought".

Which houses were these? Was it one of the $$$$$ high level ones? Like that oversized Redguard style palace? I forget it's name.

The one on Stros M'kai? Hunding's something or other, no. That was not one of them, but I just bought that for crowns on my Birthday! So excited!