Maintenance for the week of March 1:
•  [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 1, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

Grim Focus Change/Bug

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
While the Grim Focus change is a welcome one it didn't address the issue people were having with it... In-fact it made it worse. It's hard for me personally to describe what is wrong with it cuz I suck with words. While the change doesn't fix the issue people were having, it does prevent people from being punished for it (casting it early, supposedly). It has made the issue of; supposedly casting it early, worse actually. It's annoying for players who are skilled and practiced and are faster than the game. Right when the light attack leaves my weapon, it should count a Grim Charge. Instead it seems to count it when it hits the target.
Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Warlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA
I record things for fun and for info
https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug is why I try to keep a mages guild skill on my front bar for ranged mageblade. Light attack-empower-will. The delay just drives me nuts otherwise
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 8, 2018 5:22AM
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is intended otherwise you could potentially miss the target (or never even aim at one) to proc it?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably intended? I don’t remember just being able to spam off light attacks randomly to proc assassins will.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS should just remove the proc condition altogether. Would be way more forgiving. ;)
    Main characters:
    Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 41 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)
    Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)

    Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial Necromancer
    Fearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)
    Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)
    Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDK
    Valirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBlade
    Turuna - AD Altmer magBlade
    Kheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDK
    Kibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - Stormproof
    Yavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWarden
    Azog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWarden
    Vidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDK
    Marquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - Stormproof
    Rawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWarden
    Tu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar

    All chars 50 @ CP 1100+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they should make Assasins Will the main spammable instead of Strife, because Strife with its animation sucks.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been around for a long time. Before destruction staves gave 8% increased damage I would use a resto since the light weaves have no travel time (resto also weaves much smoother with funnel). I doubt this is effective in the current game, although War Maiden does give a pretty nice buff to resto light and heavy attacks. Maybe would still work for a healer/DPS with Mutagen, Funnel, Refreshing Path and Healing Ward.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    Uh. Since when? So what you're saying is you can just light attack into thin air and still get grim focus charges? That seems balanced...
    Edited by Moglijuana on February 8, 2018 8:02PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    Uh. Since when? So what you're saying is you can just light attack into thin air and still get grim focus charges? That seems balanced...

    It has to target something, but it doesn't have to land.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    Uh. Since when? So what you're saying is you can just light attack into thin air and still get grim focus charges? That seems balanced...

    It has to target something, but it doesn't have to land.

    That is the first time I've ever hear of that tbh. I just always used a resto bc it landed more reliably than destro.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    Uh. Since when? So what you're saying is you can just light attack into thin air and still get grim focus charges? That seems balanced...

    It is pretty balanced. Sorcs get frags when they cast, even if the thing casted is dodged.

    So yeah when it leaves the weapon it needs to give the charge, not on contact. And to all the chuckle heads who think I am asking to be able to spam light attacks in the corner and then use grim, go troll a different thread.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Warlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA
    I record things for fun and for info
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    That has never happened for me. If they dodge I do not get a charge. The skill always change on hit if I cast before that it resets. I can time it so I press before the skill icon change and still get the proc go off. Maybe that is the same as what you say?



    @Hollery
    Fun dude...
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    Uh. Since when? So what you're saying is you can just light attack into thin air and still get grim focus charges? That seems balanced...

    It is pretty balanced. Sorcs get frags when they cast, even if the thing casted is dodged.

    So yeah when it leaves the weapon it needs to give the charge, not on contact. And to all the chuckle heads who think I am asking to be able to spam light attacks in the corner and then use grim, go troll a different thread.

    Sorcs actually get frags from any ability cast and don't get an 8% bonus to dmg. Not the same thing. I'd actually be FOR easier procs of merciless because trying to land destro light attacks in PvP is always a gamble.
    Edited by Moglijuana on February 9, 2018 12:51PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    That has never happened for me. If they dodge I do not get a charge. The skill always change on hit if I cast before that it resets. I can time it so I press before the skill icon change and still get the proc go off. Maybe that is the same as what you say?



    @Hollery
    Fun dude...

    You can just test it in game smh, just duel someone and tell them to rolldodge your attacks. You're all talking about this like it's some hardcore top tier theory crafting. Just go in game and see for yourselves it takes like 40 seconds.

    Some people lmao...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    If it would count from when the la left your bow(?) then what if like in pvp your target dodge, you still get it charged? Also for example if it would be as I read what you wrote, I could swing my mace or fire my bow in the air and charge it, which seem wrong to me.
    I always saw it as when you hit the target you get 1 charge.

    You always get the charge even when your lightattacks get dodged.
    There is 100% no reason to have the delay.

    That has never happened for me. If they dodge I do not get a charge. The skill always change on hit if I cast before that it resets. I can time it so I press before the skill icon change and still get the proc go off. Maybe that is the same as what you say?



    @Hollery
    Fun dude...

    You can just test it in game smh, just duel someone and tell them to rolldodge your attacks. You're all talking about this like it's some hardcore top tier theory crafting. Just go in game and see for yourselves it takes like 40 seconds.

    Some people lmao...

    40 seconds if you retest it 10 times
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that skill needs to proc when u made 5 light attack and then it should proc it self and no need to activate it ...
    It should be like crystal fragment. more reliable and easy to use and BUG free...

    -make it just proc after 5 light attack and shoot it and no need to activate again...
    or give proc chance percentage and when it procs shoot it...

    Easy DONE...

    Sorro for english.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
Sign In or Register to comment.