The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What furnishings would you LOVE to get your paws on that are currently unavailable?

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    New (unique) Imperial furniture. Padded sofas and chair. Cushions, beds, bookshelves, pictures etc....equal quality to Redguard furniture, and not a recolour of another race, please.

Imperial is my favorite house style and it's so disappointing that they do not get craftable furniture and, what little they do get, is recolored Breton stuff.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    necromancer altar

latest?cb=20130801110853
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorrvald wrote: »
    Some sort of mechanic for interacting with your bed would be cool. Like, you interact with the bed (go to sleep) as a log out function. If you stay logged out for a certain amount of time you get a "rested" bonus when you come back in. Like, increased movement speed of 5%, food lasts a little longer or whatever. Nothing too over the top but something like that would be cool. :smile:

Of course the added bonus would be if a invited player can then see your character lying in bed sleeping. :smiley:

Also, I think if you have a fireplace in your house it should always work as a cooking fire. Not just the option of turning the fire "on/off". I realize this is more of a "function" post than a "furnishing" post, but yeah.

Myself and my boyfriend were talking about how different furnishings could give different buffs. Top of that was probably the beds giving a small xp boost or buff of some kind. I'd really like this.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Gorrvald
    Gorrvald
    ✭✭
    Myself and my boyfriend were talking about how different furnishings could give different buffs. Top of that was probably the beds giving a small xp boost or buff of some kind. I'd really like this.

Right?! I mean the ancient, ancient MMO Tibia even managed to pull that off some 200 years ago.

Overall I'd like more things in your house to be interactable with. Not just lights going on & off. The new storage function is amazing, of course, but I want more things to do in my house. It's more or less been just a place to stand around in. Doesn't have to be super advanced things. Just small stuff for immersion and whatnot. :smile:
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fireplaces and fire pits and coals. Specifically the ones in Sadrith Mora in VVardenfell. Actually I wouldn't mind if the Inn was made available as housing as it's gorgeous.
  • MsDarkness1313
    MsDarkness1313
    Soul Shriven
    I have a very strong desire for some herma mora themed items.... or even more of the guy in the game in general.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    New (unique) Imperial furniture. Padded sofas and chair. Cushions, beds, bookshelves, pictures etc....equal quality to Redguard furniture, and not a recolour of another race, please.

Imperial is my favorite house style and it's so disappointing that they do not get craftable furniture and, what little they do get, is recolored Breton stuff.

It's both mind-boggling, verging on insulting. Not to mention lazy. Yes, ZoS, it is lazy to just recolour the same furniture....and then to have the nerve to not even make them craftable and charge crowns for them?

I just hope ZoS has plans to release some new Imperial furniture at some point. Imperials are not Bretons, so why would they even have the same furniture...and in a ghastly dull grey/brown.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on February 18, 2018 6:34PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Elana
    Elana
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Edward please confirm you've seen @trowlk 's thread on requested furniture.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373118/my-furniture-wishlist

I have a feeling you did, because some of those items ideed appeared ingame but I would greatly appreciate if you could assure us it has been seen by Zenimax!
    Elana Aelios
    "Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die."
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ladders
  • Yieley
    Yieley
    I'd love it if some of those stolen items could be laundered and put in your home since they say "furnishing"

NAPS4 Homestead Guild
    Tamriel Homeowner Council
    bit.ly/JoinTHC
    Edited by Yieley on February 20, 2018 3:52AM
    Join the NAPS4 Homestead Guild :
    THC
    no invite needed to join page and view pics, and you can also request a kind invite to Th© guild here!
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    A plain simple stairs please!

It's not the best, but there is the Rough Platform, Stage which can be used to create functioning stairs. I used these to provide access to a platform above my Sleek Creek house.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) A working wayshrine that I can use to leave my house and go directly to other wayshrines.

It would be nice best if It could look like the small clockwork (the actual wayshrine and not the whole enclosure) ones but I would honestly take any. At this point many of the houses, especially the large ones that are not near a wayshrine, are of little interest to me as they offer no expedient way to leave them. The smaller ones are actually faster as a door load screen is much faster than a teleport one.

2) I would also like a quick change mannequin that I can just click on to drop my whole equipped gear and weapons set on or to pick one up from. That would make it easy to to share sets between toons. I could just have mannequins for tank, mag dps, mag pvp, etc sets. You could do it like the storage chests with maybe 6 total. (I should note that you will need to increase the collectables cap as storage coffers now take more than half the cap for many users.) Mannequins would also make for a nice display of the gear.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More building components or prefabs, like floors, walls, stairs, etc, to match most of the styles in the game. This is just utility stuff... not luxuries!

... FORGES!

... and OVENS!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • ChaosBlue
    ChaosBlue
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely the glowing bottles we see in dungeons. And I want those Orcish Effigies! (Bear, Mammoth) <3

More flowers (Like the poppies or some other other ones you see in game) - water falls, fountains, ovens and other kitchenware, lights that change color, larger items that have included decorations and fillings to reduce item count (Like full bookshelves)
    Edited by ChaosBlue on February 20, 2018 1:49PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A real floor.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see more furniture items that encourage a social setting for visitors. Like...maybe some fire pits with seating, picnic setups, actual bars with bar stools, etc.

I just think it would be fun for guild gatherings or people who like to role play. Part of the fun of having a house is decorating it and then showing it off to friends!
  • Shadowfell
    Shadowfell
    ✭✭
    A bath!
    Nine Trait Crafting Argonian Templar!

PSN James2908
    Guild: Stinkhorn Ridge Hoppers
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of those archery targets!

And the relief of Lady Alenwe in Crypt of Hearts! I'd post a picture of it if I could- but it's basically a large stone picture of her (which could be any woman in tamriel). My character practically worships his wife- so, it would be fitting to have a relief of her.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Yieley
    Yieley
    Shadowfell wrote: »
    A bath!

Bathtubs exist. you get the empty one from the crown store and the full one can be crafted with a recipe you acquire from in the game
    THC
    no invite needed to join page and view pics, and you can also request a kind invite to Th© guild here!
  • Yieley
    Yieley
    SecretJoy wrote: »
    I would love to see more furniture items that encourage a social setting for visitors. Like...maybe some fire pits with seating, picnic setups, actual bars with bar stools, etc.

I just think it would be fun for guild gatherings or people who like to role play. Part of the fun of having a house is decorating it and then showing it off to friends!

You just need to find a fun Guild that has people who decorate with those kinds of intentions

bit.ly/JoinTHC
    THC
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kahjiit barstools aren't sittable - are they supposed to be? If not, I'd like them to be made sittable.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • thetookybird
    thetookybird
    ✭✭
    A Wyrd trilith. I have been anxiously waiting since Housing came out to see if ZOS would ever release these on the lux vendor, or something.
    That, and a decent altar. Like the one's usually seen with these sites. Buh. Please.

wiF0ifQ.jpg
    | NA | PC | Daggerfall Covenant
    » Anna Caiohme | Sorc Healer
    Life's a little Wyrd

• Foxpaw93_ESO
    Foxpaw93_ESO
    ✭✭
    Alchemy Reagents - I kind of imagine back to Morrowind where there were a variety of either loose piles of lets say salt for example or misc reagents in bowls and such. Maybe even look-alike plants that resemble herb nodes. (Kind of thought it would be neat if they allowed you to place a single node of the dif mats that can be harvested once a day- kind of like the harvester perk but a little more interactive.)

individual types of placable gems. was always fun collecting the different types of gems and filling bowls with them. <_<

More FX! :D Theres a really neat purple fog in the Vassir-Didanant Mine, maybe a water drip/blood drip animation, fliy/mosquito swarms, butterflies,

Maybe a firefly lightsource that kind of just hovers in a small area..

All of the mushroom growing crate/barrels.

Armor/Weapons such as the vendor stuff you see lying around everywhere.

Glowy Rune Markings like what you see on the walls in the Banished Cells

A puddle of blood/oil

Blood/oil smear

NPC's! All the NPC's! \o/ Khajiit slaves, Mage Guild Students, noble knights and mercenary gaurds!

• MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    The redguard mosaic fountain that was on the pts. I NEED THAT.
    Redguard-Fountain-Mosaic-2.jpg
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some way to be able to listen to Elder Scrolls music in my home (music from eso, skyrim, morrowind, and oblivion), including a way for me to select which songs play (more than just the bard songs) .... sometimes I just want to come home after a long day of questing, farming, or pvp'ing to hear my favorite elder scrolls song:

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
    Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
    Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
    Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal

Oh yea! LOL!
    Edited by Maryal on February 26, 2018 12:29PM
  • Thehartclan
    Thehartclan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    As someone who was heavily into decorating in SWG, I love seeing all of these suggestions! Keep them coming!

What about increased furniture capacities? The prospect of shelling out the cash for the new Princely palace would be much more appealing if I knew the home could be fully realized, but the current item cap is incredibly prohibitive for creatives and designers. My hundigs palatial is nearly at the 600 item cap, but I have a significant amount of blank space lef to fill and haven’t even tried adding the finishing details like plates and accessories.

The palace is stunning. Without a doubt one of the best and most impressive pieces of architecture I’ve seen from the game designers. Major kudos. But again, I know what it would take to truly decorate and fill that property and the 700 limit doesn’t even touch it....
    The Hart Clan

Atelier: Exquisite Homesteads, Facilitator
    New Scrolls Order - Admin Officer

9 Trait Crafter/ Furniture Expert / Housing Expert
    Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

PSN: The-J-Hart Server: PS4 NA
  • TheGoodShepherd
    No idea if this has been mentioned yet or perhaps it exists in game, but I haven't seen it yet. I would like smaller items like weapons or gold pieces or purses. Small but detail establishing items that add character to a setting. Was using a small staple home for my chief character and trying to put together a small thief den of sorts and got pretty far, but I noticed I couldn't locate any piles or stacks of septims or jewels or maps or even a dagger to stab into the table I had centered into the room for heist planning. It totally killed my mood. This is just an example but things of this nature could absolutely add to the depth of housing when utilized effectively I think.
  • TheGoodShepherd
    Thief*********
  • resabed
    resabed
    Soul Shriven
    Fireplaces.

A thousand times fireplaces.

If we are not going to get higher item limits in houses, at least give us furniture that will allow us to replace high item count , cobbled together staples.

I could free up almost 30 spaces in my house if the were fireplaces.

Did I mention fireplaces?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resabed wrote: »
    If we are not going to get higher item limits in houses, at least give us furniture that will allow us to replace high item count , cobbled together staples.

I could free up almost 30 spaces in my house if the were fireplaces.
    Quoting this just because it was the latest. There are a number of items that are regularly constructed out of others that we'd all like to see as single units. Stairs being the most obvious, and floors close behind.

What other frequent composites do we need as one-slot deals?
This discussion has been closed.