The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Item Set Cure for Snares

FoulSnowpaw
FoulSnowpaw
✭✭✭
For those who have issues with snares:

2hy822u.png

If you are Warden class you get an extra 15% snare effectiveness reduction at total 65%. Practically immune to all snares given snares are being nerfed to the ground.

OR

25taw7m.png

Can easily avoid all snares without dying.

So these are suggestions for people who do not know. Because in this day, people are salty with snares.
Can choose to survive or choose to kill in pvp. Can't have too much cake.

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but they want to keep their very high burst and not have to deal with snares and just to dodge roll for 100% immunity to all damage. Not build around it that’s just silly.

• FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Right... and since I can't edit the initial post:

Rip counter play ZOS.
    So much for "balancing" pvp by listening to a small group of toxic casuals instead of veteran players.
    With the progress so far on the new update, gap closers are dead for one, and now snares are being nerfed and yet these sets still persist. Nerf these sets ZOS if you are proceeding to nerfing snares.

(Meanwhile Sorcerers can still 2 hit kill with crystal shards. Apparently ranged abilities are not gap closers)
    (PVP is not even about skill anymore, just luck with procs and Zerg and Earthgore)

• Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe, pretty turd set bonuses
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive tried that set a couple of times, if you are in heavy armor and don't want to use Fm, its actually not half bad. The extra regen bonus on the 5 piece saves it from being crappy, the crit bonus is actually nice in heavy.
    Anyhow i went back to medium with bp, for better raw stats.
    I could see this used on a werewolf build though.

Also, i have seen some people defending snares lately, even as someone who plays a templar id rather keep everyone mobile, even though snares make it very easy to land your jabs.
    The problem with the current state if snares, is that they are attached to many otherwise excellent abilities, templars and dks have them un their passives too.
    Edited by Firstmep on January 31, 2018 9:10AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rip counter play ZOS.
    So much for "balancing" pvp by listening to a small group of toxic casuals instead of veteran players.
    With the progress so far on the new update, gap closers are dead for one, and now snares are being nerfed and yet these sets still persist. Nerf these sets ZOS if you are proceeding to nerfing snares.

(Meanwhile Sorcerers can still 2 hit kill with crystal shards. Apparently ranged abilities are not gap closers)
    (PVP is not even about skill anymore, just luck with procs and Zerg and Earthgore)

Unfortunately you just don't understand the issue. First of all, snares per se aren't a problem. The issue rather is that there are too many skills that have a snare added, most notably gap closers. Adding a snare on top of a high damage ability is a bad idea because it removes a layer of counter play. Nobody has a thing against snares if they are attached to utility skills - a skill that snares only then becomes a tactical choice, just as much as pure hard CC skills are now. Gap closers offer the best of both worlds in one skill - high damage and a snare you can't even purge. That's why they get adjusted, and correctly so.

As for your sets, sure, these counter snares. There other bonuses are very lacking. The goal in Cyrodiil isn't to "not die" though. Else everyone could simply play a 70k HP Blazeplar and only die when it's 1v20. We can then stand around in front of Sejanus and hold a emote contest to determine the winner instead of actual fighting.

It's very ironic you complain about Cyrodiil being about procs, zerging and Earthgore. If everyone becomes more survivable - as you suggest with these sets - then the only solution for killing anybody is to zerg. I enjoyed your Sorc complaint though. If you're two shot by a Sorc these days you're a bad player, nothing else. I think you are just a stam player who is unhappy crit rush gets toned down in damage.
    Edited by Feanor on January 31, 2018 11:56AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best snare removal in game is Forward Momentum from the Two-Handed skill line. Its cheap to cast, lasts 8 seconds, gives major brutality and a small HoT. Only downside is that you need to run a 2H weapon and cannot have Rally for the burst heal.

If you're tired of getting snared just try this skill, especially on a Warden because you have strong stamina based heals.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to play around with Barkskin and Ranger´s Gait on werewolf, who lacks the ability to handle snares (unless you´ve a purge-bot with you). Not the best set in the game, but not the worst either :)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not half bad on ww i prefer Salvation thou for better substain... Snares are only bad when getting zerged in that case im screwed anyway as a ww. In human form, immovability +speed pot and forward and after a while cloak are gor for dipping out
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm how that set works?

I.e. you get snared by Rending Slashes (50%), does that set completely negate it, or does it reduce the snare to 25%?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Can someone confirm how that set works?

I.e. you get snared by Rending Slashes (50%), does that set completely negate it, or does it reduce the snare to 25%?

It becomes 25% (at least it was last time I used/tested it)
    Edited by Qbiken on January 31, 2018 12:24PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do realize these sets, like ability based counters to snares, are tied to stamina skill lines, right? Which means a very high opportunity cost to use them on a magicka build.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Rip counter play ZOS.

Unfortunately you just don't understand the issue. First of all, snares per se aren't a problem. The issue rather is that there are too many skills that have a snare added, most notably gap closers. Adding a snare on top of a high damage ability is a bad idea because it removes a layer of counter play. Nobody has a thing against snares if they are attached to utility skills - a skill that snares only then becomes a tactical choice, just as much as pure hard CC skills are now. Gap closers offer the best of both worlds in one skill - high damage and a snare you can't even purge. That's why they get adjusted, and correctly so.

As for your sets, sure, these counter snares. There other bonuses are very lacking. The goal in Cyrodiil isn't to "not die" though. Else everyone could simply play a 70k HP Blazeplar and only die when it's 1v20. We can then stand around in front of Sejanus and hold a emote contest to determine the winner instead of actual fighting.

It's very ironic you complain about Cyrodiil being about procs, zerging and Earthgore. If everyone becomes more survivable - as you suggest with these sets - then the only solution for killing anybody is to zerg. I enjoyed your Sorc complaint though. If you're two shot by a Sorc these days you're a bad player, nothing else. I think you are just a stam player who is unhappy crit rush gets toned down in damage.

Someone get. this man. a medal!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    You do realize these sets, like ability based counters to snares, are tied to stamina skill lines, right? Which means a very high opportunity cost to use them on a magicka build.

You always have Curse Eater:

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) Reduces the duration of all negative effects applied to you by 20%.

Not sure if snares are considered "negative effects" tho.....
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I'm quite sure they are.

I wonder if those percentage modifiers calculate additively. If so, then you could have what'd be very close to "snare immunity" as Warden (+50% Barkskin+20% Curse-Eater+15% Icy Aura passive=85%).
    Edited by DDuke on January 31, 2018 3:05PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you can, just look for the gear icon near the title of the thread. That is how you edit the OP and even the Title

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »

Techincally, based solely on the amount of rage and vitriol produced on these forums alone regarding the frustration of snares in pvp, those set bonuses would not be turd.

Snares are a major hinderence (pun entriely intended) in pvp so much so that you would think sets that meaningfuly reduce their effectiveness would be attractive in some way. Players want to have their cake and eat it. They want to hang on to there sustain or damage and have snares and immobilizations adjusted at the core instead of make use of the options that zos has provided.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I actually considered putting it into my original post, just to show how useless the magicka alternatives are.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Goshua wrote: »

Techincally, based solely on the amount of rage and vitriol produced on these forums alone regarding the frustration of snares in pvp, those set bonuses would not be turd.

Snares are a major hinderence (pun entriely intended) in pvp so much so that you would think sets that meaningfuly reduce their effectiveness would be attractive in some way. Players want to have their cake and eat it. They want to hang on to there sustain or damage and have snares and immobilizations adjusted at the core instead of make use of the options that zos has provided.

Not turd if you want to do nothing but avoid snares i suppose. Sounds like fun :neutral:
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving up utility to avoid a miserable experience that is wildly overused in this game is not a good choice.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 1, 2018 2:48AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    awesome for stamblades...let the sweet tears of magdk/magsorcs/magplars flow!
    id say wardens as well but they are already chocking without their 100% undodgeable birds >:3
    Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on February 1, 2018 3:03AM