The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confirmation menu for learning a Motif on a character

HighKinlady
HighKinlady
✭✭✭✭
So , as this just happened because I’m not careful what so ever .. what do you think about having a confirmation menu (Are you sure you want to learn X Motif on [toon name]?) when you go to learn a Motif?

Edit : not sure if there is already one for Master Writs or furnishing recipes , but it would be awesome for those too :)
Edited by HighKinlady on January 31, 2018 2:03AM
XB NA
High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another suggestion would be to be able to use item locking on them. So if you lock them you can't use them.

I've totally done the motif thing before too.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Another suggestion would be to be able to use item locking on them. So if you lock them you can't use them.

An add-on for this would be nice
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I like this. As-is I'm afraid to store rare pages on alts.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    If they added this, I'd rather see this behind an options flag since I've been playing for 2 years and have only read a motif on the wrong character once or twice. This did use to be a huge issue with Master Writs when they would start the quest as soon as you opened your crafting writ reward but since they fixed that, I haven't had an issue.

I do understand the need but it would be annoying for me to have to click twice just to learn a motif, recipe, or blueprint.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geng14159 wrote: »
    If they added this, I'd rather see this behind an options flag since I've been playing for 2 years and have only read a motif on the wrong character once or twice. This did use to be a huge issue with Master Writs when they would start the quest as soon as you opened your crafting writ reward but since they fixed that, I haven't had an issue.

I do understand the need but it would be annoying for me to have to click twice just to learn a motif, recipe, or blueprint.

Yes, pretty much.

Like most people already use the addon that suppresses the second confirmation for email deletion. Having a second confirmation to learn every. single. motif. page. would be really annoying.
    The Moot Councillor
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭

Should probably mention I’m on Xbox , not PC
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done this a few times and it's irritating. Should be simple to fix, so I guess it'll never happen. :D
    forever stuck in combat
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely be in favour of being able to lock motifs or recipes. It's nerve-wracking when you have truly valuable motifs in your inventory.

I wouldn't want a confirmation screen though. That would be infuriating.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50