The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will "Princely Dawnlight Palace" cost in game gold as well as crowns?

Kuramas9tails
Kuramas9tails
✭✭✭✭✭
I just want to know so I can start saving gold if it is. :#
    Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
    New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
    AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
    AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
    FOR THE QUEEN!
    PS4/NA
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm 99% sure it's for crowns only.
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      no, zos doesn't put that much effort in housing just so people can obtain it for gold. plus all the people in pts that said they liked it means its even more unlikely
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      aliyavana wrote: »
      no, zos doesn't put that much effort in housing just so people can obtain it for gold. plus all the people in pts that said they liked it means its even more unlikely

:'(:'(:'(
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • Krainor1974
        Krainor1974
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Of all three homes it’s the biggest and fanciest and that will make it crowns only.
      • code65536
        code65536
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The Coldharbor one will be available for gold. The other two are CS-exclusives.
        Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
        Personal best scores:
        Dungeon trifectas:
        Media: YouTubeTwitch
      • actosh
        actosh
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        code65536 wrote: »
        The Coldharbor one will be available for gold. The other two are CS-exclusives.

Right. All 3 become available when consoles get the dragon bones patch. As it has always been the case that new houses go on sale when all plattforms have the same patch.
      • BlackEar
        BlackEar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Is this the biggest house they have made so far ?
        Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
      • Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        BlackEar wrote: »
        @BlackEar It's quite spacious and luxurious. 700 items with ESO plus. The architecture is grand. The outside is spectacular. It's called a palace for a reason. ;)

Check this LINK
        Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 31, 2018 2:58PM
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • CaffeinatedMayhem
          CaffeinatedMayhem
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭

Grand Topal has as much, if not more land area, including the volcanic half of the island. As for workable space? It is very large - probably the largest outside of the Coldharbour plot.
        • Ajaxandriel
          Ajaxandriel
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          @BlackEar It's quite spacious and luxurious. 700 items with ESO plus. The architecture is grand. The outside is spectacular. It's called a palace for a reason. ;)

Check this LINK

Comparable to Tel Galen, which was Crown only and limited offer (price 8K empty, 10k furnished)

thatlaurachick is right, Grand Topal was larger
          TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
          Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
          Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
          Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
          Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
          Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
          Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
          Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
          Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
          Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
          Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
          Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
          Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
          Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
          Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
          Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
          Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
          Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
        • BlackEar
          BlackEar
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          I really cant decide whether to get the palace or save the crowns and wait for the Island to return.
          Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
        • emilyhyoyeon
          emilyhyoyeon
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          I really cant decide whether to get the palace or save the crowns and wait for the Island to return.

If space for decorating is important to you, then the island would be better. I really love the redguard/hew's bane palace architecture and I don't care about space, so I would get the palace instead of the island.
          Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
          Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
        • Slyjinxy
          Slyjinxy
          ✭✭✭
          I'm getting the palace. I bought a bunch of crowns when they were half off so I'm good to go :)
        • Kuramas9tails
          Kuramas9tails
          ✭✭✭✭✭

Check this LINK

Comparable to Tel Galen, which was Crown only and limited offer (price 8K empty, 10k furnished)

thatlaurachick is right, Grand Topal was larger

I know the Topal is bigger. Never said it wasn't. I simply said the Palace is big and mentioned how many items you can house which is 200 more than my 3M house. To me, it depends on what you do with the space. The Topal is nice and huge but I am not creative so when I see that, I am not interested in furnishing it but several of my guild mates love it and created awesome things in it. Me, naw. I also don't know how many items you can place in Topal so I simply just stated what the Palace can hold. :)
            FOR THE QUEEN!
            PS4/NA
          • Kuramas9tails
            Kuramas9tails
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Slyjinxy wrote: »
            I'm getting the palace. I bought a bunch of crowns when they were half off so I'm good to go :)

@Slyjinxy I got a really nice tax return. I think ZOS timed this on purpose. :D
              FOR THE QUEEN!
              PS4/NA
            • Thehartclan
              Thehartclan
              ✭✭✭
              It’s a shame they are releasing such an exquisite and grand house but maintaining the incredibly low item count of 700 for subbers. I have Hundigs Palatial, which is quite a bit smaller, and it has a 600 item cap with sub; Ive nearly hit the cap, but still have considerable amount of unused space which leaves me with an unfinished house.

I applaud the designers behind this property, but ZOS should put as much effort into better furnishing capacities. For designers such as myself who spend an exorbitant amount of time decorating these homes, it’s unappealing to spend that much money (since real money is the only way to get crowns) for a house that cannot be fully realized with the current item cap.

If there was a significantly greater capacity for decorating, I would gladly fork ZOS some cash, but at this point it would be a complete waste.
              The Hart Clan

Atelier: Exquisite Homesteads, Facilitator
              New Scrolls Order - Admin Officer

9 Trait Crafter/ Furniture Expert / Housing Expert
              Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

PSN: The-J-Hart Server: PS4 NA