The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Zaan is Broken in 2 Different Ways (3.3.3)

LZH
LZH
✭✭✭✭
1) While the beam holds, you can't cast abilities or light attack.

2) Bar-swapping makes the beam disappear.

tested in a staff-wielding magicka nightblade
Edited by LZH on January 29, 2018 5:58PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ewwewe
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally balanced :trollface:
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Also tested on magblade.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing zenimax adds ever breaks guys
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point it is just amazing with what consistency they manage to break things.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we already have some fixes being tested for these issues. Thanks for the reports!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Damn right, let this set die. We just escaped from the proc meta, I don't want to fight root spamming zaan magdks whenever I'll set foot in cyro...
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, we already have some fixes being tested for these issues. Thanks for the reports!

I'm assuming you mean specifically breaking it by bar swapping, not necessarily the inability to attack. Its supposed to be op according to what wrobel said on eso live.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming you mean specifically breaking it by bar swapping, not necessarily the inability to attack. Its supposed to be op according to what wrobel said on eso live.

I assume now this is used to reverse the healing earth Gore does and vise versa lol. Any set of that caliber shouldn't exist, earth Gore or zaan, speaking from a pvp point of view a proc shouldn't reset a fight, a ultimate should depending on what you use but no 2 piece monster set, like come on. Who comes up with this stuff.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Damn right, let this set die. We just escaped from the proc meta, I don't want to fight root spamming zaan magdks nightblades whenever I'll set foot in cyro...

You will be lucky to see mDK at all after the next patch. NBs can use Zaan better anyway since they have a class-based gapcloser that doesn't break over a 2" elevation difference.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

Damn right, let this set die. We just escaped from the proc meta, I don't want to fight root spamming zaan magdks nightblades whenever I'll set foot in cyro...

You will be lucky to see mDK at all after the next patch. NBs can use Zaan better anyway since they have a class-based gapcloser that doesn't break over a 2" elevation difference.

In groups as tanks :)

Edit: gave an awesome for your signature
    Edited by SirCritical on January 29, 2018 7:53PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

mDK also has a class-based gapcloser that works flawlessly.

I'm yet to see anyone provide proof of Empowering Chains being broken, I've been using the skill on live for months and haven't had any real issue with it, quite the contrary it's been one of the 3 cornerstones of my mDK (Chains, Fossilize, Flame Lash). So, what's the problem with it?

Sometimes it feels like people are even inventing issues just to polarize the conversation & cast mDK as some weak class, which it certainly isn't - not on Live & even less so on PTS (atleast from destro/resto perspective).
    Edited by DDuke on January 29, 2018 7:58PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm yet to see anyone provide proof of Empowering Chains being broken, I've been using the skill on live for months and haven't had any real issue with it, quite the contrary it's been one of the 3 cornerstones of my mDK (Chains, Fossilize, Flame Lash). So, what's the problem with it?

The problem is that nobody bothered using that skill and magDKs prefer to hatewhisper you when you dare to not stand in melee and eat their dmg instead of slotting a gapcloser (yeah that happened today).

That being said - i think the combination of upcoming changes will lead to cyrodiil becoming stamblade paradise once again.
    Edited by Derra on January 29, 2018 7:58PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes it feels like people are even inventing issues just to polarize the conversation & cast mDK as some weak class, which it certainly isn't - not on Live & even less so on PTS (atleast from destro/resto perspective).

I have to agree that chains works fine now. I know a while back it used to stop mid cast and do this for minutes at a time never just once. But it does seem to work just fine now.

But destro/resto? really? I'd have to see some video evidence have this not being slaughtered by a decent stamplar. I just cant see how you could possibly deal with the bleed damage and stuns without blocking everything that can be blocked.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

The problem is that nobody bothered using that skill and magDKs prefer to hatewhisper you when you dare to not stand in melee and eat their dmg instead of slotting a gapcloser (yeah that happened today).

That being said - i think the combination of upcoming changes will lead to cyrodiil becoming stamblade paradise once again.

Doubt it, they were still dropping like flies on PTS vs my mDK before the Embers change, gonna test again once it's a bit less buggy. The undodgeable Steel Tornado is also going to hurt them a lot since it counters both of their defensive abilities.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veg wrote: »

I have to agree that chains works fine now. I know a while back it used to stop mid cast and do this for minutes at a time never just once. But it does seem to work just fine now.

But destro/resto? really? I'd have to see some video evidence have this not being slaughtered by a decent stamplar. I just cant see how you could possibly deal with the bleed damage and stuns without blocking everything that can be blocked.

I have some videos on my channel:
    https://youtu.be/9bzFSjz_kMQ

I have a Healing Ward based defense, blocking is rarely required & I deal with most stamplars by just killing them in the first Fossilize or very shortly after (as most wear medium armor still).

If they're wearing TK+Heavy Armor they're probably favoured to win though in 1v1 (same as any other stam build). Those mitigation/healing based builds & pet sorcs are really my cryptonite on Live (they're easier on PTS thanks to more Power Lashes). Luckily most people still prefer their dodge roll builds in open world.
    Edited by DDuke on January 29, 2018 8:15PM
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It is also able to be purged by the enemy which I don't believe is intended.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume now this is used to reverse the healing earth Gore does and vise versa lol. Any set of that caliber shouldn't exist, earth Gore or zaan, speaking from a pvp point of view a proc shouldn't reset a fight, a ultimate should depending on what you use but no 2 piece monster set, like come on. Who comes up with this stuff.

Who? The man has a name.

And also a beard now.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Doubt it, they were still dropping like flies on PTS vs my mDK before the Embers change, gonna test again once it's a bit less buggy. The undodgeable Steel Tornado is also going to hurt them a lot since it counters both of their defensive abilities.

Steel Tornado has always been undodgeable
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Steel Tornado has always been undodgeable

Nope, it most certainly is dodgeable on Live (tested it myself), same as Brawler, Bombard, Endless Hail etc.

There's also a thread about it with videos etc: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/386362/steel-tornado-is-dodgeable

Only now have they made it undodgeable.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Damn right, let this set die. We just escaped from the proc meta, I don't want to fight root spamming zaan magdks whenever I'll set foot in cyro...

Much stronger on melee mageblade who can kite during the cooldown, has bigger burst and also has a root
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same issue on magsorc:

https://youtu.be/kdLnxuTkzc0

Also amazing to see how you guys can turn every single thread here into a pvp class discussion :D It's just a feedback, come on!
    Edited by themaddaedra on January 30, 2018 9:04AM
    PC|EU