The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Video] ESO 1vX - MagDK vs Hogwarts students and ninjas

CrazYDunm3r
CrazYDunm3r
✭✭✭✭
This 1vX video is a bit lighthearted and is made to entertain, by no means do I have the intention to hurt someone's feelings. If you have any feedback, you are always welcome to leave it here!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHjqlxFHNJA&t

Extra info: the footage was recorded in one evening

Previously:
With all the MagDk negativity I thought it would be nice to show some MagDK gameplay during this version of the game. I think the class is fine in PvP and it even gets a small buff in the next version of the game (again: in PvP!). I am very eager to get some positive or negative feedback (constructive would be preferred). I play on the PC on the EU server on Sotha Sil (no-CP). I hope you guys enjoy the gameplay!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw2bJtLuOCI

I have made a new 1vX video, again playing on the PC EU server on Sotha Sil (no-CP). I fight my enemies without LOS as a light armor Destro/Resto MagDK. Again, I would like to get some positive or negative feedback and your thoughts about the gameplay. I hope you guys enjoy and relax watching this!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s79PPDQg9_0

This video shows Magicka Dragonknight Battlegrounds gameplay in the latest chapter of ESO (Summerset). The class is in a very good spot at the moment (in my opinion) and I wanted to show that in this video. I hope you enjoy the gameplay and any remarks are welcome as always!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihizuKu59Mk

Extra info: The two clips were captured the same day.

Greetz.
Sven
Edited by CrazYDunm3r on August 15, 2018 6:59PM
YouTube
Triggered Tryhards
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Unfortunately the clip from 2:18-3:50 is a bit broken.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff, clearly you didnt get the memo that Mad DKs have to suck in PVP.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff, clearly you didnt get the memo that Mad DKs have to suck in PVP.

Indeed, people are far too negative. Some changes suck, some don't but I play this class for years and it just takes some time to learn it.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice video man! Another destro resto follower! How good is pirate skeleton? Never used it on my dk.
  • ZOS_Chris
    ZOS_Chris
    Community Rep
    That was pretty action packed, great job!

Also, could you tell me the name of the song that plays at around 3:40 please?
    Staff Post
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you guys like it!
    Nice video man! Another destro resto follower! How good is pirate skeleton? Never used it on my dk.
    Pirate skeleton is very good in a no-CP campaign imo: when you get zerged down being a glass canon is not going to work. In CP I would use other sets.
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »

TULE - Fearless pt.II (feat. Chris Linton) [NCS Release]
    Link:
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on January 26, 2018 5:57PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • ZOS_Chris
    ZOS_Chris
    Community Rep
    Pirate skeleton is very good in a no-CP campaign imo: when you get zerged down being a glass canon is not going to work. In CP I would use other sets.

Link:

Much appreciated, thank you, and well done again!
    Staff Post
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn.. good fighting. Yeah, MagDK is a handful. I have one. I ravage and rampage throughout PvE land with it. In PvP, I have fought plenty of them as well. I win some and lose some. However, most aren't seemingly that much of a handful as you. What's your secret (cough, cough)? Sorry, my bad.. I tend to get a bit skeptic when one dude can take out 4-5 or handful of others just by himself. Good show, though.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Link:

Much appreciated, thank you, and well done again!

Now I'm gonna have to watch the vid just to know what song this is
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Damn.. good fighting. Yeah, MagDK is a handful. I have one. I ravage and rampage throughout PvE land with it. In PvP, I have fought plenty of them as well. I win some and lose some. However, most aren't seemingly that much of a handful as you. What's your secret (cough, cough)? Sorry, my bad.. I tend to get a bit skeptic when one dude can take out 4-5 or handful of others just by himself. Good show, though.

My secret is playing no other class except a DK, I just love the class despite their issues. And no CP helps for putting out damage because others don't get carried by their CP. For sustain I change a lot, but I found out using pirate skeleton helps me more in the long term than for example Valkyn Skoria, because a dead man can't fight.
    Edit: Things don't work out always, I die a lot to zergs!
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on January 26, 2018 6:21PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

My secret is playing no other class except a DK, I just love the class despite their issues. And no CP helps for putting out damage because others don't get carried by their CP. For sustain I change a lot, but I found out using pirate skeleton helps me more in the long term than for example Valkyn Skoria, because a dead man can't fight.
    Edit: Things don't work out always, I die a lot to zergs and there are still a few people that can kill me solo.

Well.. everybody dies to a zerg. Ha ha. I may be able to take out 2 dudes, then I get overrun and decimated by army ants/zerg just busting by. I hear you, though. I'm not so much a fan of Pirate Skeleton, but seems the build is working quite well for you. Good stuff. Yeah, those talons are nice. I love using it and hate getting use on me.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.

I came here, out of pure curiosity on what a Mod was doing in a Build Video / PvP Highlight reel. These don't usually get salty (unless it is Kodi). So i assumed this had to be sweet.

Came in, and there was nothing much interesting. Was probably not going to watch the video, since i was just quickly browsing while something downloaded in the background.

Then i saw it was about the Music in the video. And i thought; "Hey, that's gotta be some nice music. I gotta hear this".

Then i watched the video. And indeed, it was some sweet music. That song at the 2-4 min mark, and especially at the beat around 3:45, is freakin awesome. You and the Mod both have excellent taste in Music.

But my real surprise was at the content of the video. I expected to be impressed by the Music, but what impressed me most was the gameplay. That *** was impressive from start to finish.

I watch alot of 1vX videos. Alot. I tried to think about why your clips were so awesome. Killing 3 people in a 1vX, like the "arranged" one in the middle of the clip, is not something extraordinary. Especially not low CP players. Then i realized, it was because of the way you kill them. In open field. You are legit duelling 3 people. No line of sight. That was impressive. Kudos to you.

I can see you are on my server (PC EU), based on some of the names in chat, whom i know. You also seem to be in NO CP, based on the stats. That is also where i play. Now i HAVE to know your name/@.

Lastly, i see you are using different variations of your build in the different clips. But you now also have to share what Sets you are using, because i am curious if there is something special there. Pretty please.
    Edited by raasdal on January 26, 2018 7:50PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Wow.

I came here, out of pure curiosity on what a Mod was doing in a Build Video / PvP Highlight reel. These don't usually get salty (unless it is Kodi). So i assumed this had to be sweet.

Came in, and there was nothing much interesting. Was probably not going to watch the video, since i was just quickly browsing while something downloaded in the background.

Then i saw it was about the Music in the video. And i thought; "Hey, that's gotta be some nice music. I gotta hear this".

Then i watched the video. And indeed, it was some sweet music. That song at the 2-4 min mark, and especially at the beat around 3:45, is freakin awesome. You and the Mod both have excellent taste in Music.

But my real surprise was at the content of the video. I expected to be impressed by the Music, but what impressed me most was the gameplay. That *** was impressive from start to finish.

I watch alot of 1vX videos. Alot. I tried to think about why your clips were so awesome. Killing 3 people in a 1vX, like the "arranged" one in the middle of the clip, is not something extraordinary. Especially not low CP players. Then i realized, it was because of the way you kill them. In open field. You are legit duelling 3 people. No line of sight. That was impressive. Kudos to you.

I can see you are on my server (PC EU), based on some of the names in chat, whom i know. You also seem to be in NO CP, based on the stats. That is also where i play. Now i HAVE to know your name/@.

Lastly, i see you are using different variations of your build in the different clips. But you now also have to share what Sets you are using, because i am curious if there is something special there. Pretty please.

Well thank you very much! I posted my set variations in the video of YouTube in the comments! My ingame name is @CrazYDunm3r and my character name is Nakur Of Oblivion.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome video!
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    New video is up <3
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I uploaded a new video again! I'm quite happy about this Battlegrounds one.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was the kills/wings ratio in this video? :smiley:
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    What was the kills/wings ratio in this video? :smiley:

Don't know yet, I need to analyze it later ;) Imagine if someone created an addon for it... That person would be my hero.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

We need more of this on the forums
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    [We need more of this on the forums

The songs, gameplay or ZOS responding to members of the community? :dizzy:
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads really shine on magDK, can imagine how it is in non cp.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

True, it is unfortunate. I would rather return to my other set (which also worked perfectly) but this is just a better choice at the moment.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

True, it is unfortunate. I would rather return to my other set (which also worked perfectly) but this is just a better choice at the moment.

Can't blame ya, good clips either way.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheesy class with cheesy sets. No offence for OP , this is what mag DK is atm in non CP.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Cheesy class with cheesy sets. No offence for OP , this is what mag DK is atm in non CP.

Tell me how I use cheese sets? I recently stopped using sloads btw. Cheesy class? I wonder why you say that. Since when did classes, especially MagDK, become cheesy? Please explain I'm interested

Edit: grammar
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on June 13, 2018 4:00PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only cheese exists in duels.

In cyrodiil and BGs all are fair

Just no t baggage please
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only cheese exists in duels.

In cyrodiil and BGs all are fair

Just no t baggage please

Yeah I was worried, since when is using 2 defensive sets and 1 damage set (now replaced by BSW) cheese. Hell, I don't run skoria, zaan, durok etc
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on June 13, 2018 4:15PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight chair charge is working. You can just go thrue walls, ledges and it actually works. I feel bad for my Templars buggy poor charges, both morphs.
  • mrkurokishi
    mrkurokishi
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome vid.

I've been running Wizards, Bloodspawn, and Bloodthrone and have been doing pretty well. Debating on whether to switch out Bloodthorne for Innate for more damage...

Anyways keep showing magDK some love
    PS4 : mrkurokishi
    Bancha: AD Khajiit magCro (main)
    Koicha: AD Khajiit stamPlar
    Usucha: AD Khajiit stamDen
    Teishu: DC Khajiit magDK
    Shincha: AD Khajiit madSorc
    PC : mrkurokishi
    Malacath's Side Piece: DC Orc stamPlar
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    I just admire the magdk out there who use S&B + heavy armor with no resto and survive

Hard for me to see DK with resto, just like another copy of sorc(same for magblade)