The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to beat a magsorc as a stamina nightblade...

Solohope
Solohope
✭✭✭
I always have trouble killing mag sorcs on my stamblade, It doesn't seem to matter if I go full burst or tanky, I always get *** on. I am well aware this is a L2P issue however, I would like some advice on what I could be doing to win the fights apart from running shield breaker. The main way I die is I get cc'd by streak at the exact time curse, fragments and execute pops. Keep in mind that my play style is a brawler and not burst. Thanks!
PC NA - @Solohope
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need the burst or they will shield up and combo you down.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mass hysteria is your friend use it to run down there shields and time your burst for the drop
    The irresistible damage glyphs on your weapons is also helpful
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shield Breaker is a pretty decent method.

It's honestly a pretty useful set in general outside of duelling. There are a lot of incidental shields in the game, and healing ward is a super popular skill, so you get a decent amount of use out of the set.

Some mag sorcs you can literally just sit at range and light attack them to death with a bow, and honestly I find that hilarious.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker is the worst cancer in game.

The simple truth is that some classes have fairly hard counters. Sorc really struggles vs stamplar as they simply purge curse/wrath, block or dodge frag and put a lot of sustained pressure on shields. And wardens with their massive immunity to ranged damage.. DK aren't easy either cos wings...
    If fact, the only class sorcs really do well against is NB's. Which makes me laugh when I see NB after NB calling for sorc nerfs and espousing shieldbreaker.

3 ways to beat a shield-user.. one is well-timed cc + burst, the other is sustained damage that delivers more dps than the 'shield-per-second' from spamming hardened, the third is out-sustaining. Which is more successful depends on the relevant builds. Some can't be out-sustained - but have weaker shields as a result and so can be simply pressured down. Some have huge shields, but sacrifice unshielded survivability to do so - these are the ones that can be burst down if you can time a cc with their shield expiring... you get the picture..

Shields are actually a very good defence vs burst - which is what NB's have - which is a reason they struggle.

The stamblades I fear are those with loads of sustain - but still strong burst.. The ones that play cat and mouse.. They burst, dodge, cloak, los. As a sorc, you cannot let your shield drop while they are hiding/recovering or their burst will kill you.

burst,dodge,cloak. let the sorc waste mag shielding.. With my sorc builds, I ususally run dry vs this tactic, while doing hardly any damage.
    Edited by Biro123 on January 23, 2018 9:59AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

The simple truth is that some classes have fairly hard counters. Sorc really struggles vs stamplar as they simply purge curse/wrath, block or dodge frag and put a lot of sustained pressure on shields. And wardens with their massive immunity to ranged damage.. DK aren't easy either cos wings...
    If fact, the only class sorcs really do well against is NB's. Which makes me laugh when I see NB after NB calling for sorc nerfs and espousing shieldbreaker.

3 ways to beat a shield-user.. one is well-timed cc + burst, the other is sustained damage that delivers more dps than the 'shield-per-second' from spamming hardened, the third is out-sustaining. Which is more successful depends on the relevant builds. Some can't be out-sustained - but have weaker shields as a result and so can be simply pressured down. Some have huge shields, but sacrifice unshielded survivability to do so - these are the ones that can be burst down if you can time a cc with their shield expiring... you get the picture..

Shields are actually a very good defence vs burst - which is what NB's have - which is a reason they struggle.

The stamblades I fear are those with loads of sustain - but still strong burst.. The ones that play cat and mouse.. They burst, dodge, cloak, los. As a sorc, you cannot let your shield drop while they are hiding/recovering or their burst will kill you.

burst,dodge,cloak. let the sorc waste mag shielding.. With my sorc builds, I ususally run dry vs this tactic, while doing hardly any damage.

How does a stamblade sustain so many cloaks. Afterall I will have to wear out like 35k+ ( minimum) magika. Not to mention that a single dot will pulll me out of cloak.
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    Run them out of stam, CC and nuke. Simples
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solohope wrote: »

How does a stamblade sustain so many cloaks. Afterall I will have to wear out like 35k+ ( minimum) magika. Not to mention that a single dot will pulll me out of cloak.

You'd have to ask the stamblades that have done it to me!! lol
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solohope wrote: »

It's all about pressure. If a NB does not sufficiently pressure the sorcerer to force them to spam shields as opposed to damage skills, then the NB will never have the sustain for so many cloaks.