The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you self target / self cast?

Donlup
Donlup
✭✭✭
So I have just returned to see just what ESO have grown into in my absence and I LOVE IT!

How ever when playing my templer or warden I have an issue with two skills one is the Honor the Dead morph of Rushed Ceremony from the templer and the other is the Leeching Vines morph of Living Vines on the warden.

The issue is that if I want to target my self I have to look away from my group members essentially turning to where no players are and casting. I might be missing something or maybe there is no way to target your self with a spell.

How ever from what i recall in the beta there was an option bound to f12 but I believe its hidden now or completely removed and further more I cannot seem to find an addon for it either. So my question am I missing something or is the feature missing? :)

Best Answers

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to specifically target yourself with abilities in ESO.

The game using "smart healing/targeting" which means the heals with either land where you aim them (looking at a player/location) or hit the plater most in need of the heal. This can lead to some annoying situations such as Healing Wards landing on players with low max HP vs the player with low damaged HP.

So if you want to hit yourself with a targeted healing skill you'll need to make sure you're not looking at anyone.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    No you can't, and it's bloody annoying
    PC/EU - This is a signature
    Answer ✓