The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non-pet sorcerer and Netch's Touch

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
It appears that lots of sorcerers don't use the set at all. Why is that? I thought that +lots of lightning damage is absolutely the best thing you can possibly get.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because a significant amount of your damage isn't lightning on nonpet sorc. Shooting star, frags, curse and 2/3 of force pulse. As well as blockade and your destro ult if you're running inferno backbar

Edit : even on petsorc it isn't as good as most people think because it doesn't buff your pets
    Edited by Foxic on January 22, 2018 12:51PM
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. I never thought about it this way.
    Damn. So I guess I'll start from zero, lol. At least I didn't upgrade my armour to gold.
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    It *can* be not only great but sensational on a non-pet sorc though if you're high elf, using the destro staff ult and overload, and your entire storm calling line can be buffed, there are some really nice passives for lighting there
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the build/skills you're running and what percentage of your rotation/damage is coming from shock.

As mentioned, if you're doing a FP build, you'll benefit more from sets like Julianos.

For quick, rough comparison, take the number of skills in your rotation that are X kind of damage divided by the total number of skills in your rotation, then multiply that by the buff a set provides (Netch's or Jule's, for instance). That will give you an idea of the average benefit you're getting from a particular set.

Make sure to factor in any cooldowns, if applicable too (BSW, for instance).
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Netch's for VMA:

5 piece Netch's
    5 piece Spider Cultist
    1 piece Infernal Guardian

My destro ultimate (AOE lightning with longer duration) rips through bosses because I'm getting all that extra lightning spell damage + all that extra destruction staff spell damage all rolled into one. The rest of VMA is about knowing where the enemies spawn, so I didn't necessarily need to be fully buffed all the time - just for burn phases.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does FP build mean?
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    What does FP build mean?

Forcepulse.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    FP = Force Pulse, the Destro staff spammable. So, an FP build weaves FP on the front bar between light attacks and enough heavies to sustain.
    Edited by StytchFingal on January 22, 2018 1:26PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    What does FP build mean?

Force Pulse.

People generally go with Heavy Attack builds or Force Pulse/Frags builds. The CP setup, rotation, and sustain vary for both.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha.
    I don't use Pulse much. I typically use heavy attacks, and only throw maybe one Pulse inbetween.

The VMA setup is interesting, I'll write it down and try if I ever decide I want to destroy a keyboard or two.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netch works very well if you have a Master Lightning staff from vDSA. Try pairing it with Julianos. Then you can use shock clench or reach as a spammable (instead of force pulse or crushing shock). Combine that with wall of elements, liquid lightning, endless fury, and elemental rage and you are 100% shock damage.

I sometimes throw in a haunting curse that doesn't benefit from the set, but most things don't live long enough for curse to go off. I haven't found crystal frags to be useful since Morrowind, since it doesn't proc often on heavy attack builds.

This setup for a non-pet sorc results in 37-38k on a solo dummy parse, and high 40's in trials.

I should mention that next patch (Dragon Bones) this build will become weaker, with the off balance changes. Most casters will want to switch to fire wall of elements, and then the Netch set will not be useful.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's a nice staff. I also LOVE Shock Clench for the knockback/stun.
    It's probably more easily obtainable than VMA staff.... (I suck at difficult solo content).

Choices, choices.