The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Memory leaks in Vet Maelstorm

Jamdarius
Jamdarius
✭✭✭✭✭
It isn't probably a new topic but as it isn't still fixed it won't hurt to type it again. After spending a while in vet Maelstorm my FPS drops to around 8-24 and of course it is unplayable, tried few solutions, updated my drivers (no new drivers available btw if anyone cares), lowered settings, turned off addons and even deleted them (though now they are restored through backup again), watched like 10 different solutions on net/forum/youtube (Thx Blobeso for awesome guide on how to improve fps for cyrodil and game overall though in maelstorm it still doesn't work), got nothing running in the background my CPU/Disk and memory are not even used in vet maelstorm higher than 30-45% and honestly I run other online games that need more specs than ESO with stable 80+ FPS and good ping.

This leaves (or so it seems to me at least) possible memory leaks (well i am sure it is but as I am not investigator type and I am not paid to do it...) so my request is simple please fix it after all it would be nice to see long lasting bug finally improved when u (as I suspect) earn a lot from it (if you wouldn't game wouldn't be supported and developed further dlc's).

Kind regards,

Frustrated customer.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fix for that was to quit ESO and relaunch it (did not need to reboot windows) For me it needs doing twice :(

Pretty bad fix i know but i'm not skilled enough to complete with a (what i consider decent @400k) score unless it's running smooth too ^^

32GB RAM - issue not there
    i7-5280k overclocked - issue not there
    nvidia 970 - I believe this is my issue but i don't think even upgrading to a titan v would fix it. Watching GPU-Z shows it spiking, particularly when lightning effects go off. Wish I could turn effects like that off to try to narrow it down a bit.

NVIDIA 970 = 3.5GB vRAM btw, reporting as 4GB... I think ESO needs way more than this, i'd like to know how it performs on vega vs nvidia.

tried all the things everyone has done, user setting tweaks, clean install, no adding, you name it.
    Edited by aeowulf on January 22, 2018 6:22PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367598/video-30-50-fps-drop-bug-almost-2-years-old-cryodiil-pov/p1

It happens if you are too long in one instance. In your chase msa but can also happen in cyro or any trial/dungeon
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367598/video-30-50-fps-drop-bug-almost-2-years-old-cryodiil-pov/p1

It happens if you are too long in one instance. In your chase msa but can also happen in cyro or any trial/dungeon

Possibly but I know for sure I can spend more time in any given trial or cyrodiil than I do in VMA and they do not get nearly as bad as VMA does.

In VMA around the 45 minute mark things go to total crap. A once locked in 60fps is now tanking to 30fps during fights. By one hour in you're looking at teens and even sometimes single digit FPS.

Changing the graphics to low makes no difference, the same thing will happen.

I know it's easier to say just do VMA faster, but that's crap. It takes people time to learn and get good enough to shave down to the sub 45 minute times.

-Edit to add: this is on a machine running a i7-7740x @ 4.5ghz, GTX1080 with 11gb ram and 16gb ram on the board.
    Edited by Sigtric on January 22, 2018 9:07PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this issue sometimes and had it the other day in vMA stage 9. I would lag especially when a lot was going on, freeze for a split second...and oops I'm dead. I couldn't react to anything to prevent that death. Lowering graphics didn't change a thing. Was frustrating...
    Went back the next day and no issues and was able to beat it fine.

Sometimes it happens in trials and dungeons. I remember a no death Vet HM City of Ash 2 was ruined because of my lag. I wasn't able to react to a platform getting destroyed because lag...freeze for split second...oh I'm in lava...DEAD.

Most of time things run fine but when they don't it's frustrating. I have a powerful computer and other games run fine. ESO is kinda badly optimized...
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tried a completely fresh user profile, game was silky smooth :) (didn't try vMA tho - not enough time)

went back to my main profile, and was still getting some lag. Removed a ton of add-ons and my game is smooth again. Will need to try it out in vMA - but currently think Shissu's guild tools was causing problems, especially at dolmens. Or at least in conjunction with something else.