The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help with 2-handed

Demra
Demra
✭✭✭
I really like playing with two handed swords in games but I just can't seem to be able to figure out how to do it well in PVP.

In PVE I use a bow to compensate for the lack of strong AOE and DOT, but in PVP I mostly relaying on Dizzying Swing which I don't really understand how to use. It seems really easy to dodge, avoid, block and so on. I definitely need more practice but I just don't see that many people around using 2h consistently to get inspiration.

I watched some videos on youtube on how to do animation cancelling but I am having hard time to do it with 2h except for the Reverse Slice. Plus, it looks really silly so I don't won't to relay on it except for during weapon swap. I tried mixing the 2h with sword and shield while I was around level 40 and it definitely worked much better as I didn't use Dizzying Swing to do the DPS, but I just didn't have that much fun using that weapon. I would rather get better at 2h + Bow.

Any tips?

*I'm a Stamina Nord Sorcerer CP 50 on PC-Eu. I'm wearing mostly Legion and Sword Swinger set that is always much lower than my level.*
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying Swing is a skill that I sometimes have trouble getting off in pvp too. I would recommend that you include some sort of snare or root to your opponent before trying to use dizzying swing. This will make hitting your target much easier. Also, since you are a stamina sorcerer you have easy access to minor expedition through hurricane. Having this buff up will make tracking your target and landing a dizzying swing much easier. For even more help tracking your opponent you can use potions that give you major expedition.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation cancelling with Dizzy Swing is awkward. It works just fine though. The trick is to rely on the timing and not necessarily what your character appears to be doing. Just left click to trigger the light attack right before you go to hit the Dizzy Swing key --> rinse repeat.

Try to get used to "weaving" in a light attack right before every ability you use: click- ability, click - ability, ect.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a bit of a “dance” when it comes to dizzy swing.

Here’s what you need to know

The game does two checks each time you use dizzy swing. The first check is when you hit the button - the client will check that you’re in range and that you have someone targeted.

There is a second check that occurs when you actually “connect” or hit with the dizzy swing. It’s the exact same type of check - it’s a check that you have the SAME person targeted (in your crosshairs) and also that you’re in range.

What you do with the 1 second between those checks is an elaborate dance where you try to make sure you can pass the 2nd check and your opponent tries to make sure you can’t. Thankfully you’re on PC so you can use a mouse. Make sure your sensitivity is high enough that you can adjust it if someone walks trough you.

What most players do is get in real close before the first check (activating the skill)Then what they do is back up as the dizzy is winding up. This is to prevent the enemy from walking through. Then, just before the dizzy is about to land and have its second check, they will walk forwards again so that the enemy can’t walk backwards out of range.

Just practice practice practice. It’s a hard skill to get good with, and you should never expect to land your first or second dizzy against someone. But the thing about dizzy is that when it DOES land it’s a beautiful thing. The target can break free of the knockback but they can’t block until they land back on the ground. That’s why you’ll see a lot of Stam trains all using dizzy - if one hits, everyone else will hit too.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, thank you all!

RighteousBacon - good point. I'll make sure to lend Stampede at the beginning of the fight.

The_Outsider - Light Attack right before the skill - alright I can practice that. Sounds good, thanks. Also, not relaying on the Dizzying Swing's animation but rather on timing might help me.

Thogard - Nice, this explanation made me somewhat more hopeful. I kinda figured that that is how it works and should be used but actually reading this helped to clarify it much more.

Thank you all! I guess I'll go back to practicing.