The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden status

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Havent played ESO since the morrowind beta, where I was a bit disappointed with the warden and the direction they took it. Thinking of coming back to ESO but I'm wanting some input from warden characters first.

Have they been improved at all as far as DPS? Back during the beta, both magicka and stamina warden builds were far below any other classes for damage potential.
How are they at healing and tanking now? My preferred warden build during beta was a 1h/shield+frost staff backbar for tanking.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are excellent at healing and tanking. Stam wardens excel at PVP burst DPS. Otherwise, wardens are perfectly able to complete normal and vet dungeons with DPS, but it takes a lot of practice to get magwardens to Trials level DPS (idk about stam wardens for trials DPS).
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard there's difficulty animation cancelling their animations so could contribute to the lower dps stats for PvE but they are performing very well in PvP. They could use a little love in a couple areas but some will disagree since they do have so almost OP abilities that are getting alot of attention from certain vocal groups of players.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im working on a bowden, but I will say for raids to take them seriously, they need a buff pve wise, however, pvpers would argue that they need a nerf due to wardens argueably overperforming there...
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 20, 2018 8:15AM
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Friend with magica warden hits the 35k single dps mark. I think thats fine. I like my stam warden but havent managed to pull over 30k dps with him. I mainly use him for farming things. Like said for pvp wardens are fine.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden class skills lean more towards burst damage which makes them fantastic in PVP, but doesn't lend itself well to the consistent, sustained rotations of most end-game PVE content without a lot of practice.