The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Outfit System and Motifs

SilverIce58
SilverIce58
✭✭✭✭✭
This might have been in the patch notes, but i'm not entirely sure, so does only one character need to know multiple motifs so that every character can use them for outfits? (sounded confusing so here's an example) I have one character knows every motif, and what I see so far is that every other character I make (even those that came before the template one) can use every motif in the outfit system. Is that going to be transferred to live like that? Or will each character have to learn each motif type in order to use it as part of an outfit?

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I knew what I wanted to ask, but couldn't really form it into words.
PC - NA
CP 1125
Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For purposes of the outfit system only, yes, all characters have access to all known motifs across your account.

Crafting gear remains unchanged ... characters will still only be able to craft gear in the motif styles that each character knows separately.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For outfits if any character knows the motif all characters can use it. Still need it per character to craft though.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, cool. Thanks for the replies!
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • LadyLavender
    LadyLavender
    ✭✭
    Well, they can use it once the character that knows them all has logged on. They have to get added to your collectibles first, but that is a one-time thing (just like dyes and other achievement collectibles).
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they can use it once the character that knows them all has logged on. They have to get added to your collectibles first, but that is a one-time thing (just like dyes and other achievement collectibles).

Good to note. Since most account info is on the computer, if you use more than one you should log on a char that added a motiff while on the other just to be certain it was updated?

I only use on PC but others may use more. Can anyone confirm?
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

Good to note. Since most account info is on the computer, if you use more than one you should log on a char that added a motiff while on the other just to be certain it was updated?

I only use on PC but others may use more. Can anyone confirm?

No, you only need to unlock a thing once, no matter how many computers you use. Whether or not your account has unlocked a collectible is stored on ZOS's servers, not locally on your computer.