The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any Magplar Group Support/Tank builds?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
I'm normally a solo player or maybe 2-3 man but the rare occasion in which I run 8 man groups or even decide to zerg for some free AP what's a good group support/Tank build for magplar? Maybe like a heal tank. Maybe work a debuff tank into it somehow or idk. There's so many things I would like to do. Want to kinda just be a heal tank. Kinda want to be a debuff tank. Want to be that @ss that just guards someone and neither of us die lmao. Also would love the ability to where if it's a big group on group fight and I'm in the middle of it possibly dropping a proxy det and getting some big dmg. I know however all of these things aren't possible in one build so someone give me your ideas. I've been told by guildies they run Wizards Riposte and Alteration Mastery but my only problem is they are in light and even if their resists are high with Lord warden I don't know if I want to rely on a proc to be tanky. Help me out!
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at @Blobsky 's latest build, a magplar supportish set up that looks very promising

It is a light armour build but you could consider changing one of the sets or something

Nevermind, i see someone else suggested it to you in another thread
    Edited by Voxicity on January 19, 2018 6:26PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Have a look at @Blobsky 's latest build, a magplar supportish set up that looks very promising

It is a light armour build but you could consider changing one of the sets or something

Nevermind, i see someone else suggested it to you in another thread

Yea they did, Setup still looks good but it is still a solo build. Seems good but meh. I don't know how tanky or well I would hold up when in a 20vs20+ fight or in an outnumbered fight like 8-10vs20 lol

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    His build still is more dmg based. It's a good build don't get me wrong but I don't want that. I want purely tankiness only dmg would come from maybe a nova or maybe a big proxy

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't recommend it solo but Impregnable and Wizard's Riposte make a good combination for small group support/heals. If you want a 2 piece monster set you could either go double sword and board or dw/sword and board if you want to help out on offense a bit. I would say double sword and board because you can still help with CC's and debuffs with the nonweapon abilities available to you: aurora javelin, total dark, invigorating drain, etc. Impregnable drops in all three armor weights so you can mix and match to your preference.

If you wanted to run resto/sword and board instead then Kags/Trans is an option, as you only need 5 pieces of transmutation on the bar that you plan to proc it on. Gives more sustain too in addition to staff heavy attacks for recovering magicka.

For small groups like that Troll King is a good option for monster sets, maybe Chokethorn if you don't have TK.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend it solo but Impregnable and Wizard's Riposte make a good combination for small group support/heals. If you want a 2 piece monster set you could either go double sword and board or dw/sword and board if you want to help out on offense a bit. I would say double sword and board because you can still help with CC's and debuffs with the nonweapon abilities available to you: aurora javelin, total dark, invigorating drain, etc. Impregnable drops in all three armor weights so you can mix and match to your preference.

If you wanted to run resto/sword and board instead then Kags/Trans is an option, as you only need 5 pieces of transmutation on the bar that you plan to proc it on. Gives more sustain too in addition to staff heavy attacks for recovering magicka.

For small groups like that Troll King is a good option for monster sets, maybe Chokethorn if you don't have TK.

Any recommendations for a larger fight like 20vs20? And if I ran the impreg would it be what all sturdy I assume? I wouldn't run solo ever with this build this would be purely ment to run in medium to large sized groups and just eat dmg and heal me and my group as much as I could

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    On my tank/healplar I run:
    5pc Seducer, heavy, sturdy
    5pc Wizards rip, jewlery+1h/s both bars
    2pc Bloodspawn
    and I'm a vamp

With block cost reduction glyphs, and prismatic glyphs.

You could also run a resto staff on one bar for pumping out more heals, and just run wizards on the back. The build is incredibly durable, pretty much impossible to die using LoS and mist form, just set your CP for max healing and get your crit resist from CP also.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 20v20 just run trans spc for awesome group buffing without hurting your own dmg. In 20v20, your survivability comes from your positioning and teammates you're healing that protect you.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »

Any recommendations for a larger fight like 20vs20? And if I ran the impreg would it be what all sturdy I assume? I wouldn't run solo ever with this build this would be purely ment to run in medium to large sized groups and just eat dmg and heal me and my group as much as I could

The second part of my post actually works well for larger scale fights/healing: kags, transmutation and I'd pair earthgore with it in that scenario.

Edit: with impreg you have some options, sturdy if you want to do more blocking, divines if you want to buff your mundus (typically atronach for this type of build). Reinforced on a heavy chest piece is nice.
    Edited by Kartalin on January 19, 2018 9:05PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    In larger guild fights i'd run two healer support sets. Trans and worm could work and then earthgore ofc.