The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

xbox on pvp destroyed

Jehazi007
Jehazi007
✭✭✭
what do you have to do to stop big zerg?
the pvp is destroyed
It was no longer possible to play without falling on a big zerg
Teso, would it be possible,
to give the advantage, to those who play solo?
let me explain:::
whoever plays solo, should have all these stads increased, compared to the zerg in front of him!
In a way, could be better resisted and do more damage, on fat zerg
In this way, I think the zerg, will diminished
because there, it is really exaggerating!
rest assured, I do not cry, but I give my opignion!
sorry for my english I'm french
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a nightmare of a time last night. I was sitting on a sliver of xp left to get to level 6 for an hour and half and no matter what i did i got hit with 20-30 people.

I tried to do quests and whenever i went to turn them in i got slaughtered
    5 times in a row i was taking over resources and as it started to go into my alliance a army of 20-30 people showed up and slaughtered me.
    I even did a simple scouting only to run into another army.

I got so frustrated because my alliance was useless because they were spread out everywhere doing nothing of any worth.

but i finally was able to get enough exp and i never have to go back to that frustrating content.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jehazi007 wrote: »
    the pvp is destroyed
    whoever plays solo, should have all these stads increased, compared to the zerg in front of him!

What's to say some of that zerg aren't all grouped together? So you'd basically face the same issue. Say there are 6 or more players within that zerg who are just tagging along and the game doesn't recognise them as being in a group?
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t get why people the zergs when the game was basically advertised as zergs. Play BG. It’s going back to no CP which is nice. I don’t remember the last time a Zerg killed me because when I see them I move, flank, take out back line stragglers, and sit back and watch as people don’t get out of the way. What is needed is more coordination from alliances. If a keep is under attack people need to not do there own thing and get their butts to that keep to even the numbers. It’s called playing the objective and it’s fairly easy as ZoS hasn’t given us many objectives in cyrodiil over the years. Of course a Zerg will destroy you if your alliance isn’t coming to back you up. Plus you need to use tactics. Smaller groups are fully capable of taking out larger groups if they are working together. Perfect example. Two days ago about 18 reds were taking BM and they held it against twice the AD numbers because of coordination. Don’t expect to kill a Zerg without having a strategy then complain about zergs.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No lag/zergs in BGs.

Also, they are about tripling match AP rewards in the next patch.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No lag/zergs in BGs.

Yeah i think I'll be spending a lot more time in BGs after next patch. I've been asking for an incentive to go in their for a long time. The current rewards are just not worth it compared to what I can earn in Cyrodiil in the time of one match. Good on them for doing it to get the queue population healthier.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t get why people the zergs when the game was basically advertised as zergs. Play BG. It’s going back to no CP which is nice. I don’t remember the last time a Zerg killed me because when I see them I move, flank, take out back line stragglers, and sit back and watch as people don’t get out of the way. What is needed is more coordination from alliances. If a keep is under attack people need to not do there own thing and get their butts to that keep to even the numbers. It’s called playing the objective and it’s fairly easy as ZoS hasn’t given us many objectives in cyrodiil over the years. Of course a Zerg will destroy you if your alliance isn’t coming to back you up. Plus you need to use tactics. Smaller groups are fully capable of taking out larger groups if they are working together. Perfect example. Two days ago about 18 reds were taking BM and they held it against twice the AD numbers because of coordination. Don’t expect to kill a Zerg without having a strategy then complain about zergs.
    Cyrodil is for 8-24 player groups, its in the description, i did not PvP in other MMO, neither ganking nor arenas appealed to me, but I like Cyrodil the open nature and all is welcome structure works for me.
    And yes warden is OP in PvP, entered as an pve healer with adjusted bar and kicked ass.
    Weird as my main issue with warden healer in dungeons is low dps.
    As an guild mate in WOW said "for once I feel tall" he was an dwarf pugging into an guild raid for an gnome only guild.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey OP, Cyrodiil is a war zone. Tell me, would you wander a war zone by your lonesome?
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BGs also award about the same alliance XP as capturing a keep. And they’re way less annoying. Rewards are being buffed next patch, too.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Days I run solo I like to defend keeps, I find I die a lot less. Days I group up (which I prefer to do), I hope the group is aggressive and on the offensive.

There are strategies when running solo, as one poster above mentioned. But also mentioned, Cyrodiil is meant for big groups, and it's pretty obvious why. However I still have fun on the days I run solo.
    Edited by Hurtfan on January 19, 2018 3:23PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP, Cyrodiil is a war zone. Tell me, would you wander a war zone by your lonesome?
    So much this, this one is 95% pve, have all the quests, skyshards and delve bosses in Cyrodil, killed once because I assumed an fellow Khajiit was AD, he was DC and seeing an enemy charging him :)
    Always pugs but found an nice guild group i will probably join.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

scout
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No that’s not how it should ever work.

Large group comes, large group overpowers.

Perhaps use siege weapons and stay at a distance using the keep to assist in defeating larger group but it’s not a PvP area in the way many of you all talk about it.

If you want pure PvP queue for a battle ground
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Vogtard
    Vogtard
    ✭✭✭
    I have this more lore-friendly idea to address the zerg issue by introducing: Battle Formations.
    Very simple - every player traversing Cyrodiil would automatically and dynamically be given a buff depending on the number of their faction members in a 20m radius.
    The Battle Formations could have cool names, such as Lone Wolf, Scouting Team, Heavy Infantry.

The buff could be: 2*(10-X) [%] speed, where X is the number of clustered players. For example, a team of 2 players would be granted +16% speed, while a group of 20 would get -20% speed.

Why speed?
    Lore-wise, it is related to the coordination and communication issues within a large group, as well as increased mobility of small scouting teams.
    In terms of gameplay, this would make large zergs move slowly between the keeps, thus being more susceptible to kiting by smaller teams, and AoE damage.
    Alternatively, the large group could spread its members to more smaller teams that move faster, but loose mass.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea let's make groups bigger than 4 just instant die until they stop playing and the game dies. Elitist solo players can go duel or do battle grounds stop crying about the games pvp being healthy.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Cyrodil is for 8-24 player groups, its in the description, i did not PvP in other MMO, neither ganking nor arenas appealed to me, but I like Cyrodil the open nature and all is welcome structure works for me.
    And yes warden is OP in PvP, entered as an pve healer with adjusted bar and kicked ass.
    Weird as my main issue with warden healer in dungeons is low dps.
    As an guild mate in WOW said "for once I feel tall" he was an dwarf pugging into an guild raid for an gnome only guild.

A 24 man can take a unorganized non grouped up 50 players. Plus team speak and discord make multiple groups easier to coordinate.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jehazi007 im amazed you think this is an xbox exclusive issue...hi, PC player here.
  • central_scrutinizer
    xbobx wrote: »
    I had a nightmare of a time last night. I was sitting on a sliver of xp left to get to level 6 for an hour and half and no matter what i did i got hit with 20-30 people.

5 times in a row i was taking over resources and as it started to go into my alliance a army of 20-30 people showed up and slaughtered me.

I got so frustrated because my alliance was useless because they were spread out everywhere doing nothing of any worth.

but i finally was able to get enough exp and i never have to go back to that frustrating content.

Next time follow them and tag as many enemies as you can when they engage.

You could probably guerilla heal too for decent exps.

If the map is dominated by enemy zergs then you just need to follow enemy zergs, go vamp stage 4 and bring invs pots.

When you get more comfortable in cyro then you'll want to go for the real exps, instead of just tagging enemies or healing friendlies, you follow that zerg and you pick people off. A good way to learn how to most effectively kill other players is to wait until they're sieging, and figure out your best combo on their backside.
    If you worry about dying then be liberal with the invs pots and disengage early.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jehazi007 wrote: »
    the pvp is destroyed

mmo..... hundreds of people in Cyrodiil at anyone time, Large forts and keeps to capture in a massive zone and you want to play solo and get buffed for it?.. haha..

Go play Player Unknown if thats your kind of thing but Cyrodiil pvp is playing out exactly how ZOS want it to be, large scale pvp with A v A v A in a large zone. Its not designed for solo players as such other than for players wanting to play solo who play tactical and don't go heading towards zergs, you only have to look at your map to see where the hotspots are.. just avoid them
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the map is dominated by enemy zergs then you just need to follow enemy zergs, go vamp stage 4 and bring invs pots.

When you get more comfortable in cyro then you'll want to go for the real exps, instead of just tagging enemies or healing friendlies, you follow that zerg and you pick people off. A good way to learn how to most effectively kill other players is to wait until they're sieging, and figure out your best combo on their backside.
    If you worry about dying then be liberal with the invs pots and disengage early.

thanks,

Ya i spent time trying to find everywhere but i couldn't find conflicts on the maps or any towers being attacked, whenever I did i always got there too late.

it was just one of those frustrating things. The scouting thing really pissed me off, i ended up tossing a plastic tray exploding it into pieces. At that point any exp i got would have got me over.

I assume only stamina jobs really need to level up for the two skills, other than that, not much worth? maybe warhorn?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No lag/zergs in BGs.

It’s only triple the bad scores ;) ❤️
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    No lag/zergs in BGs.

It’s only triple the bad scores ;) ❤️

LOL, so true. If you one of those weirdos that actually plays the objective and hence wins well over a third of your games (like me), you won't see nearly as much of a AP rate increase.

But for the folks who deathmatch every match, they are in for a treat.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • central_scrutinizer

thanks,

Ya i spent time trying to find everywhere but i couldn't find conflicts on the maps or any towers being attacked, whenever I did i always got there too late.

it was just one of those frustrating things. The scouting thing really pissed me off, i ended up tossing a plastic tray exploding it into pieces. At that point any exp i got would have got me over.

I assume only stamina jobs really need to level up for the two skills, other than that, not much worth? maybe warhorn?

Well personally even on my toons that I only play pve with, I like to at least unlock horn and calitrop. In a perfect world they'd use neither, but I love to pug. Warhorn especially can often be a huge help and it can be useful to have even if other people are running it too.

I feel you on not being able to catch up to action, that was the bane of my existence when new to Cyro. All you can really do is anticipate where they are going, and either arrive late in stealth, or (and this gets much easier as you get more comfortable) take an alternate route to their likely target.
    Edited by central_scrutinizer on January 19, 2018 9:42PM
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL:DR - The OP wants ESO to become PUBG.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone chat in PvP can also give you a heads up on what keeps groups are headed to for a siege, or people will warn where the enemy is, DC zerg headed to Chal...for example...

I think you should group up, all you really need to do is follow crown and your life will be much easier.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Jehazi007
    Jehazi007
    ✭✭✭
    I read some of your answers
    And I say to myself that:
    For some players, it seems to me criticized my comment!
    No doubt they are not able to played solo or in small groups of 5-6
    These are pure zerger
    who likes to do 25v1 they think they are very strong! lollll
    they do not know differently! so they must be very bad in pvp
    I do not cry and believe me in pvp I assume 100%
    Make the emperor, with all my characters on Vivec,
    I play solo, I do not know much!
    For those who love playing Zerg, I understand your frustration!
    but know that you are destroying the pvp and when we meet you solo, you run so fast for you to hide, that eventually you will die
    Good weekend to all
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jahzi?
    =3
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of agree with the op in a way. It is so much harder to find small scale fights anymore since most of cyrodiil at least on consoles are headless chickens that follow each other even more so, but whatever I'm used to getting zerged down.

For me it is more of an issue where everyone constantly brings up that it was advertised for this being a large scale fight, but it really isn't now where the server just cannot take a certain amount of people in one spot. This kills it for people with constant disconnects and frames dropping. The game used to run smoother and could handle large skill battles, but it has gotten so much worse. Sure BGs is an option but that is only if you bought the joke of an expansion.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think solo is fine, atleast for me it is. It should be crazy difficult because you are indeed in a war zone, not an arena. What I don't like is that there are so many CC's in the game so that 1 second stun from a zerg really matters. Immovable pots will probably get a nerf next patch so these kinds of things I don't stand by.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look non the upside ZOS is removing AOE Caps >:D

Edit: my phone autocorrected ZOS to SOS -_-
    Edited by imredneckson on January 21, 2018 11:38AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this strategy will help: go behind enemy lines and take a resource... Chances are higher that a small man team will respond instead of a zerg since zergs tend to push the front line. Solo if you're experienced but the best option is to team up.