The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Outfitting system question regarding different weapon setups

commdt
commdt
✭✭✭✭
Im a tank so I run dungeons with 1H+Shield/1H+Shield, but when Im on my own i swap to some DD weapons like 2H/Bow to be able to deal with mobs. So with the new outfitting system Ill make 1H+Shield/1H+Shield outfit for practical reasons. What if Id like to outfit my 2H/Bow too? Ill buy additional slots let it be crown-based, no problem, but then what? Will I have to change outfit every time I change weapons or will the system select an outfit according to my selected weapon type?
Rawr
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that you have to do a complete outfit change in order to change the newly equipped weapons- it doesn't pull from a secondary outfit. On my Templar I run DW/Staff... but also like to switch to Staff/Staff depending on content... so each time I do a weapon swap I also have to switch outfits in order for the appearance of the primary staff to change. My question is... are outfits able to be placed in a quickslot like costumes?
    Edited by ADarklore on January 19, 2018 6:50PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% certain, but I think the system stores more weapon data than you can access through the interface. So, it's possible you could set up your alternate weapons, give them their own outfit data, then swap back later, and still have the previous versions. That said, I haven't tested this, so I could be mistaken.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just tested this, and if you equip a different weapon type and pay for an outfit change, the game will remember it. So you can switch between weapons all you want and they will keep the style you've selected for them. It's attached to that specific outfit, though, so if you change your outfit, you'll have to pay again.

As of now, it's not possible to quickslot outfits. You select them from a drop-down window from the character tab.
    stam scrub
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    I just tested this, and if you equip a different weapon type and pay for an outfit change, the game will remember it. So you can switch between weapons all you want and they will keep the style you've selected for them. It's attached to that specific outfit, though, so if you change your outfit, you'll have to pay again.

As of now, it's not possible to quickslot outfits. You select them from a drop-down window from the character tab.

So basically each outfit saves one 'style combination' per weapon per bar, so your front bar can have a unique style on each weapon type and the back bar would have its own list of styles?
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    So basically each outfit saves one 'style combination' per weapon per bar, so your front bar can have a unique style on each weapon type and the back bar would have its own list of styles?
    I had to double-check that, but yes, you're right. If you make your bow on your front bar, say, Imperial, every bow you equip on your front bar will show up in that style.
    stam scrub
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »

Man its awesome. Now I really look forward to this system
    Rawr