The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

moved

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    Why I don't subscribe is because it makes the game less ESOey. Inventory management is a part of older fashion RPGs. I would rather buy the dlcs and probably will once I hit the CP cap.
    The inventory mini game was part of the reason why I stopped playing.
    Yes you will run out of space with eso+ to but at an far higher level so you can look into sets you collected and see if you want to keep them, typically destroying 100 items on cleanup.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    My next game has already said they will not have crown crates. It will be interesting to see how that game will be.
    ZOS also originally said ESO wouldn't have lootboxes...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    My next game has already said they will not have crown crates. It will be interesting to see how that game will be.
    ZOS also originally said ESO wouldn't have lootboxes...

Common misconception, I think.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn’t that kind of like asking someone who doesn’t watch a lot of television why they don’t buy the deluxe cable and satellite packages that include hundreds of channels?

If you don’t want all the extras, it doesn’t make sense to spend your money on it.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually as stingy as you can get bot IRL and in game and I still gave in and bought 6 months subscription, after nearly 2 years playing daily without, right after they added double bank space. I simply couldn't stand logging several alts just to juggle items in their inventory, especially when it was concurrent with other, much more interesting aspects of the game. I saw it simply as a convenient, effective way to save time that allowed me to enjoy the game more. I don't play other games or have other hobbies or vices, and the expense of renewing my subscription is negligible compared to my earnings.
    Edited by Asardes on January 19, 2018 4:04PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can pay for it but I don't sub because I work and sometimes I stop playing for days. It's like a waste to pay for a whole month for me.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't sub constantly, just cherry picked months. Even though I am definitely not short on cash (I can get by comfortably if i don't do crazy stuff), I am not swimming in it either. I have a small kid (limiting playtime, and kids are pretty expensive ;) ) and a pretty insecure job. So when I don't think I will get my moneys worth out of the months sub I will do without and rather save the money or spend it on something else. Also I don't like the nagging feeling I get of "having to log in" not to waste subscription money.
    Edited by Orticia on January 19, 2018 3:53PM
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been subbed for years even though I have taken long breaks from the game. Currently I am active but also am playing several other games so I am not as focused. I cancelled my sub the beginning of this month for that reason, in a few days a new game comes out that I'll be invested in so i will hold my sub until I become active again.

I have gone through periods of being poor and unemployment too, so I don't think it's as simple as "stop buying Starbucks" in those situations. Sometimes people actually can't afford to eat.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    ESO Plus membership gives you all of this:
    • Access to all DLC game packs in the in-game Crown Store dont need
    • Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store (1,500 per month)crown sale is cheaper
    • Access to the Craft Bag (hold unlimited crafting materials, and all picked up materials go straight to the bag) i dont need more bag space, i have over 300 free bag space, and my chars arent even all maxed
    • Double bank space as above
    • Bonuses to progression im way over cp cap, dont need more xp
    • Extra furniture space who cares, im here to play the game, nit to play house
    • Costume dyeing dont really need dyes, and if u can always die during eso+ trial
    • Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory i can just keep all my 50 transmute gems unopened in inventory till i need them

And it only costs $15/month. Chances are, if you're reading this, research shows you can actually save up to $15 per week by doing the following:
    1. Making your own coffee dont drink coffee
    2. Bringing your own drinksi do
    3. Using your libraryi do
    4. Buying generic-label grocery items i do
    5. Switching off lights when not in use i do
    6. Watching movies from homei do, cant tell when or what the last cinema movie i watched was
    7. Sticking to your shopping listi dont need to stick to my list if i dont waste money on eso+
    8. Lowering/raising your thermostat when you're not home of course i do

The bottom line is that being an ESO Plus member will greatly increase your enjoyment, and if you regularly buy crowns, you're losing out.

• Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    Since the game is crap and Zenimax is slacking with fixing performance and balance they dont desrve any more money than for the game itself.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I need and buying $299.99 Router, for gaming. (Replacing my router, 3 yrs old and dying)

2. I need and buying $100.00 toilet seat (special)

All in next month, hence my eso+ expire during recent event. I'm not going to re purchase ESO+ due to following reasons stated above.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because after a long time you eventually stop playing ESO and if you have any regrets, that money will feel wasted. Just how I feel about my Pokemon cards now.
    I only buy ESO+ when I have collected enough furniture I definitely want to put in my house, as well as new costumes that need to be dyed and an additional new crownstore item that I can purchase with 1500 crowns + whatever I have left.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better question, why pay for something full of bugs?
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    I don't pay for ESO+ because of two reasons

A. I don't like renting stuff

B. I can't afford it

Your savings money list is something we do everyday, all of it, for years. Plus it's none of your business why not every player is a subber.
    Yeah, I'm side-eyeing OP's "savings" list pretty hard. $15 US/$18 CAD isn't just a couple coffees, it's several days of food if you're shopping sales and making batches, and it's hard to turn down the heat any more if you're playing games in fingerless gloves. OP probably meant well, but they came off as more than a little patronizing.

(Full disclosure, I sub for the craft bag and the bank space, but I'm in a position to do so.)
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cancelled my sub in protest of the Crown Crates. Thus far I have been able to manage.

Also, minor point: the Crowns aren't free if you have to pay a fee to get them.

Craft bag is a useful perk though.

two ways of looking at it either you are buying $15 worth of crowns and you get all the other stuff as a bonus or you sub for craft bag/DLCs/bank space and the crowns are an added bonus. Either way you get a whole lot of bang for your buck with the ESO+ sub. I personally will stay subbed as long as I can and as long as I play the game.

The stuff you receive is well worth it but I also love this game, its the only game I am currently playing and I don't mind supporting the company that makes the game. We are 3 years in, in an age where most games are played for 50-100 hours and forgot about. I realize MMORPGs are different but then again there are plenty that have failed before they hit the 3 year mark I'm sure.

I for one look at it as I am paying for the craft bag/ban space/DLCs because I want access to those things and the crowns are just an added bonus, but really either way you get something for free and in my honest opinion its well worth it!
    Edited by RABIDxWOLVERINE on January 19, 2018 8:27PM
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only ESO+ benefits that interest me are the crowns and costume dying (and the DLC but I buy that directly). I don't buy the equivalent of 1,500 crowns a month and when I do buy them I get the bigger packs which work out cheaper per crown. And I don't want to change the dyes on my costumes very often. So most of the time there's no benefit to subscribing for me.

I could easily afford it, but there's also lots of other things I could do with the same money, and most of the time I'd rather do those other things. For example I'm already booked to go to 3 concerts and a festival this year (although one of those I'm only paying for the airfare because I managed to arrange free tickets and accommodation), and there will probably be more added later on since a lot of smaller bands don't announce tours as far in advance. The £108 I'd spend on 12 months of ESO+ is equivalent to at least 1 of the bigger shows, or 1/3 of the festival and if I had to choose between the two there's no way I'd pick some bonuses in a game which IMO are fairly trivial.

And if anyone's curious I can live without the crafting bag and double bank space because I'm a relatively casual player so I don't need 50,000 different armour sets - I have 1 per character which takes 0 storage space because they're wearing it. I store blacksmithing, woodworking and tailoring materials in my bank, and the rest in my dedicated crafters inventory, plus some rare materials on a mule along with random other stuff I want to keep but don't want to mix up with stuff in my bank. (The mule is probably going to be replaced with housing storage soon.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:49PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:49PM
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to resub but there's Monster Hunter World dropping this 26th, so I don't see myself playing ESO that much, if at all :D
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub is a good deal if you play regularly. But sometimes i have a period (lasted half a year last time) when i don't log in much at all (once a week). No point paying a sub then.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pay the subscription out of goodwill more than anything, it is my way of supporting the game by telling ZoS it has my attention, now make it worth my time. Besides what I've spent in the crown store, I like supporting games I enjoy in hopes my goodwill will be rewarded. That said, I do login most days, and the crafting bag is a must.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on January 20, 2018 9:03AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currenly a sub but I'm not gonna renew it 'cuz they don't deserve it. As long as the horrendous lag won't be fixed, my wallet will stay closed. It's as simple as that. There are other things they need to work on but the lag is the most important one right now.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    I have been subbed for years even though I have taken long breaks from the game. Currently I am active but also am playing several other games so I am not as focused. I cancelled my sub the beginning of this month for that reason, in a few days a new game comes out that I'll be invested in so i will hold my sub until I become active again.

I have gone through periods of being poor and unemployment too, so I don't think it's as simple as "stop buying Starbucks" in those situations. Sometimes people actually can't afford to eat.

I hear this some times and I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive because I do not mean for it to be, but why maintain an Internet subscription (which ESO requires) if there isn't enough money to buy food? Or are there still free Internet services that are fast enough to play ESO?

You can get some very cheap internet packages. Although it depends on where in the world you are, apparently (according to conversations I had around the whole Net Neutrality thing) a decent internet connection is far more expensive in the USA than in Europe for example.

Also it has a lot more uses. When I was unemployed the internet was the one 'luxury' I was determined to keep because the majority of jobs I'm qualified for were advertised mainly, or exclusively online. Sure I could have gone to the library and used my 1 hour a day of computer time to search on their computers (this was before smart phones were really widespread, and certainly before they were affordable) but that was nothing compared to being able to spend all day looking for jobs and doing the application forms right then and there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing really in it for me. Yes, the craft bag is great, but I run a pretty clean house anyway and am able to manage the space that I have. Although I will confess that I spent the free ESO+ week farming anything and everything to load up the craft bag... :smiley:

As for the 1,500 crowns per month, what is there to spend them on? Nearly everything worth buying has been placed behind the gamble crate wall and I refuse to be manipulated by marketing gimmicks such as limited time sales.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for the 1,500 crowns per month, what is there to spend them on?

For me mainly to buy all DLC so i am not cut off during the times when i am not subbing.
  • Joreel
    Joreel
    ✭✭
    I'll sub a few times a year mostly to move mats to the crafting bag, but beyond that, I already have the dlcs I want as I bought them on sale with the crowns I saved up.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »

I hear this some times and I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive because I do not mean for it to be, but why maintain an Internet subscription (which ESO requires) if there isn't enough money to buy food? Or are there still free Internet services that are fast enough to play ESO?

I know some people in that situation/or have been in such a situation.
    Keeping happy, mentally healthy doesn't only mean food.Granted if it's a choice between starving and entertainment or not starving and boredom the second wins. But often it's not that extreme. But strict enough to have to be a well thought out choice and sacrifices in other areas. Can of beans instead of fresh ones. Skimpy on the meat, cheap house brands even if they taste less good, not splurging a few days worth of food money on optional ESO+ and so on to save up to get internet with the saved money.

Internet means entertainment and contact to the outside world. People with hardly anything to spend can use the internet to keep in touch, entertain themselves and honestly these days internet is all but required for some things like finding a job, doing taxes, keep a social life and a lot more. A computer and internet has long past the status of just optional luxury thing these days. Finding entertainment elsewhere often costs more money, money for transportation, hobby materials, phone fees and so on, comparatively internet and a single game you like is cheaper and gives a lot more mileage. Basement dweller memes notwithstanding, internet does help avoid isolation. A big lurking danger for the poor. Noone keeps sane long being stuck in the house with nothing to do, staring at a wall all day even if it means having enough food.
    Edited by Orticia on January 21, 2018 11:30AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another way to look at it is people who do not spend 15 bucks a month save $180.00 a year, or could spend that 180 on 3-5 games which gives a greater library of entertainment to choose from.

That 180 could also go to a homeless shelter to feed people instead of lining some rich people pockets. Zos makes plenty on gamble crates the sub is designed to squeeze out just that much more from a player.

This game is ok in the fun department, frankly its definitely not worth the money I have personally dumped into it.
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can avoid DLC dungeons, if you haven't bought them separately, by not subscribing. I’m not afraid to admit I’m not ready for them, but I can’t avoid them without losing out on the random dungeon bonuses. All of my crafting is leveled so I dont need the space. Maybe if I could halt XP gain so I’m not forced into DLC dungeons at lvl 45, I wouldnt have to worry about that.
    Edited by Motherball on January 22, 2018 2:23AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motherball wrote: »
    You can avoid DLC dungeons, if you haven't bought them separately, by not subscribing. I’m not afraid to admit I’m not ready for them, but I can’t avoid them without losing out on the random dungeon bonuses. All of my crafting is leveled so I dont need the space. Maybe if I could halt XP gain so I’m not forced into DLC dungeons at lvl 45, I wouldnt have to worry about that.

The fact that they show up in the random queue is just a joke. Another lose end for ZOS to tie up that they will probably never get to.

Forcing newbies into some of the most difficult content ≠ a good idea