Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dizzling swing

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
Why does dizzling swing do 7k damage To me as a night blade?
Is there a counter or something also I also get hit with stuns for like 8 days
  • Patches760
    Patches760
    ✭✭
    block
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    move out of the way
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you I just need to build my stamina skills up
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    All they do is stun and spam swing
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to carpentry
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block, roll dodge, vanish, walk through, move out of range, line of sight

It’s the easiest skill to counter in the entire game
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Not stunned
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »

Because they have decent amount of Wpn DMG + crit?

I'm guessing you don't have a whole lot of impen.

As a Stam blade you're probably a glass cannon.

I'm leaning towards you made a glass cannon and are surprised when you take damage...

No nerf threads because you built a soft target
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything Dizzying Swing should have its damage buffed.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »

What.
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think WB should be lower damage but instant cast
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »

A self empowering instant cast? Hbn
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Stam Warden didn’t exist then it would be easier to understand why dizzying swing is such a bad skill for all other melee classes. But bad players complained about it for so long which is why it’s in the state that it is.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »

A self empowering instant cast? Hbn

It’d almost be as good as an instant cast class ability that gives competitive dps, 3% max health, major fracture, and 5280 physical/spell resist on use. But I’d be fine if the empower was removed anyways.
    If Stam Warden didn’t exist then it would be easier to understand why dizzying swing is such a bad skill for all other melee classes. But bad players complained about it for so long which is why it’s in the state that it is.

I bet people still have nightmares from the WBs into Take Flight
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Walk through them, don't roll dodge too much it will cost to much, time your heavy attacks to land with suprise attack at same time just as you are moving right through them. It works. If you half to block, block. Then move through them. A skill like cripple can help too, keep the rooted when you can. Cheers.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Do your telling me it's okay that it's does 7k which is nearly a 2 shot? On kyne? Hm yup that's okay since my ult does 5k
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do your telling me it's okay that it's does 7k which is nearly a 2 shot? On kyne? Hm yup that's okay since my ult does 5k

It's ok.

What's probably not ok is your set up
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is dizzling swing?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a strong ability and you’re probably in medium armor. The extended stun is probably lag. CC breaks have always lagged out in this game.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think you meant dizzying swing
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously OP I would like to know what you're running, because then I could either help you or determine what the opponent was doing.

Just saying "I took 7k and my attack deals 5k" makes me believe you took a critical hit while yourself have some how mis-allocated stats.

And I guarantee you, there's something we can improve so you can have a more enjoyable experience
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a new player playing in kyne the problem is veteran player's going tryhard with min/max gear in there.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy swing is the worst skill in the game unless you are on PC and you can aim it.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Inb4 OP is wearing homespun robe of magicka.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're right.
    7k is really a small number for a dizzying swing landing on a nightblade.

Considering how hard against cloak abuse, It should at least land for a good 10k.

PS: Also go back to the nightblade school, and try harder for the next 2000 hours because you obviously need it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 20, 2018 12:59AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn’t anyone tell you that today in Tamriel is the Fesitval of St Oleg Crankybutz, which is celebrated by responding to all questions by being a consitpated contrarian? Or as we celebrate it here in the real world...doimg that every day, lol.

2h spam in Cyrodiil annoys me a lot. I’m not sure why. I think it’s becUse it makes the characters look like drunken imbeciles. Your average wb spammer just seems like the sort of guy who’s go home and try to deep fry a turkey in his living room and burn down the whole house, right?

Anyway, let’s try to keep you alive more.

Starting with general stats, in Cyrodiil you want to bump up your health to 22-25k buffed. You probably need 4+ pieces of impen gear, and if you have CPs you need some in critical strike mitigation. Some people will tell you to run heavy armor...I happen to think heavy is not as great as people think, they just don’t play right in medium. One or two pieces should suffice.

As to skills, there are some to note. Shuffle will offer snare immunity...that helps. Forward momentum will do the same if you need that morph over rally. And remember your shadow skills offer massive resistance for six seconds...you need to be using cloak or surprise attack in this fight.

Now, you get into a fight with a 2h build...what to do?

The 2h combos are generally pretty slow and clunky. They require a bit of timing and positioning on your opponent’s part. As such, Nightblades aren’t a good enemy for 2h builds to pick on since NBs can really mess up their rotation. You can do this by being a pain in the $#@*& nightblade. Their combo is focused as a cone in front of them. You want to use roll and cloak to move behind them. Think about what they’re seeing on the screen...how you annoyingly disappear and they’re not sure where you’re going. Use that. Learn to make them think you’re going left when you’re going right. Fake them out. If you can fluster them, they’ll get off rotation and not be that powerful.

And you might not want to engage every time. Get a sense of how tough they are. If your hits land and do 2k and that’s 1/50th of their health, congrats you’ve found an annoying DK...just bail and let them live out their life with the humiliation of being a DK. Ha. And let’s be honest...sometimes you’re surprised, the combos come down in under three seconds and you’re dead. Generally not...hopefully you can work on your specs to survive an initial combo.

Hope that helps. You can get pretty tanky and elusive with some practice, but the WB hits are always going to sting.
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your setup and their setup.

If you're glass cannon - all in for DPS and they are running all HA and built to survive and they hit you for 7k and you hit for 2k I'd say that's a problem with the game and HA meta doing too much dmg while taking too little damage. Ideally HA survivable and MA DPS should balance each other out. They can't do much but you don't mitigate - you do a lot but they mitigate. Problem is HA lets you do a lot and mitigate a lot. Been broken a long time.

Now if it's another DPS setup, then yeah, avoid it or mitigate it.

• Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I mean my ultimate does 5k -_- death stroke while a ablity does 7k even if it's a critical it still shouldn't be doing 5k because a ultimate is supposed to be your best ablity it's not really the best with dizzling swing does more damage than it why not make the swing a ultimate
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean my ultimate does 5k -_- death stroke while a ablity does 7k even if it's a critical it still shouldn't be doing 5k because a ultimate is supposed to be your best ablity it's not really the best with dizzling swing does more damage than it why not make the swing a ultimate

man I love badblades.

What next? are you gonna complain about evil hunter?

You have 3 different ways to completely negate a dizzying swing.

Learn.
    Play.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 24, 2018 12:42AM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're bad. Dizzy swing is not weak roflmao
    Edited by Hutch679 on January 24, 2018 5:39PM