The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your reason for Faction Hopping, if you do it at all.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ad from the beginning, tried out dc and ep, but the communities were not for me. AD seems to be the most tolerant and pleasant in my experience.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets me is the folks who say they hop to be with their friends.. why not be loyal for a whole campaign and if you want to play with friends then all go into guest campaign..
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You left off "because ZoS said so"

I saw a great deal on the ESO gold edition and they had dropped their sub requirement, so I gave it a shot. I'm still here 9 months later, but faction is locked to race. If I got to pick one for my account, that it would be nice. ZoS said "no."
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    Other. I don't consider what I do as faction hopping in the sense implied by the poll options. I started out on red, but after two years I got fed up with the faction and the prominent players on the campaign I was homed on.

I switched to yellow. It took me a year, then I just stopped pvp for a while.

Some friends got me back in, now on blue.

I play on yellow and blue currently. What faction I play is not depending on external factors (current zerg faction or night cap faction, or population distribution), but only depending on my personal mood/preference.

The only thing I can say for sure is that my EP chars do not ever set foot into cyrodiil any longer :D:D:D

Most people seem pretty diehard to their faction, and I seen crappy people on all sides, still it wouldn't surprise me if Pact had more, from my experience in guild talks alone, pact people are more likely to act superior to the other factions, even AD which, canonically, are more likely to be this way.

I was die hard. For two years. Then I got an arrow to the knee from dramaqueens and offensive people. For me personally, I have not experienced that level of drama on the other factions.

Now this is for sure a personal thing and I am 100% convinced that others will tell the same story with colors the other way round, but for me, it is this way.

Now I don't feel that faction loyalty in general. But I have it on a, let's call it "micro-level". When I play yellow, I fight for yellow. No spying, no cooperating with other factions. Same goes for when I play blue.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no faction loyalty. I just join Cyro with the role I feel like playing that day. Either I go AD on my DPS, or I go EP on my healer
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't really 'hop' .
    At the beginning of each campaign i decide what character plays in it (because i have some that share them) and if i notice that the alliance i choose is too mighty and is winning i "may" switch to help the losing side.

I don't do that too often tho because i am sometimes a bit afraid people will think that i am a spy?
    Edited by YamiKuruku on January 16, 2018 8:01PM
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be an option for “I play a faction based on which faction the class I’m in the mood for is on”
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 characters, 2 in Daggerfall Covenant, and 1 in Ebonheart Pact. I hop on the Pact's character, because I'd like to have all of them in Covenant. I spent some time on this character, he is level 46, so I don't want to delete him, nor I don't want to play him, for political reasons.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blood for the Pact!

My guildmates are traitors though. They hop factions if EP is playing stupidly... yea I'm talking to you Vivec EP X1 NA
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC loyalist.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe I faction swap . Unless starting completely over on a new account to help a underpop faction for a couple of years straight counts . Never swapping back and forth in between those years . I don't believe I have it in me to ever do it all over again so probably permanent AD now .
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 EP, 3 AD, 4 DC - all on the same map - I roll solo and I just like to fight...

i don't discriminate between race, faction, or class...

I wanna pour flaming oil on everyone (in a fiendly competitive way)...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 16, 2018 8:59PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright here we go.

Back in May 2017 i quit all kinds of pve and focused my characters towards pvp and only that. I did pvp in Sotha Sil with my friends and at that time guildmates for several weeks. If you know Sotha Sil on PC EU then yeah, and if you don't know; it used to be 100% red from 4AM until 6PM every day. After quite the while in there doing literally nothing, I got bored. I didn't know how to do pvp with cp and I knew barely anyone in the cp campaigns. Few of the other campaigns were populated at all too. And with the encouragement from a good friend I created and maxed out my AD character. An exact copy of my main pvp character. I would play on this AD for four months because I wanted to do pvp. In September I moved to Vivec and now I haven't touched the AD char ever since.

In short; because it's all fun and games until EP takes 100% of the map and refuses others to even look at a lumbermill. :D
  • programcanaan
    programcanaan
    ✭✭✭
    I play all 3 factions. However I never play multiple factions/hop during the same campaign. Like just this last campaign I was AD in Kyne but was DC in Vivec.

Edited by programcanaan on January 16, 2018 9:14PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've played a non DC character in PvP since the summer event. But that would be the major reason, if I do do it, characters in more than 1 faction looking to earn rewards and unlock skills. However, if there are enough campaigns, I spread them out. The only other reason would be the nonVet campaign, where after I level out an alt, I'll re roll in which ever faction is weakest to help balance things.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No hopping, all EP all the time no matter my race. Blood for the Pact.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't consider it "hopping" but I play EP in Vivec and DC in Shor. I usually play solo, I enjoy defending keeps, but can occasionally run with a small group or zerg but not IN the group, and Regardless of which I play, I play to my best ability (which probably isn't all that great :s ) and do what I can to help my alliance.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Revelzdevelz
    Revelzdevelz
    ✭✭✭
    I started PvPing after I met ppl in my PvE guild. Wanted to play with them and they all PvPed on a different faction. Since Zos refuses to let us switch via quest, Tocken ($$$ cmon Zos Ill pay) or whatever I switch faction when I play for real. Otherwise I just have lvl 50 char I dont wanna relevel and need PvP skills or tel var farming for flowers
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had characters in multiple factions once upon a time, back when I hoped to play with certain people. But after I got into PvP for a bit, I deleted those characters and remade characters so they were all in one faction. Plus, I had far too many DK's at the time and I really needed to downsize so I could try a mag and a stam in every class. STILL have too many DK's but I'm not sure I want to try a tank in anything other than a DK right now. Maybe someday.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    ill switch because I cant get a group in pvp--its as simple as that.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel like faction loyalty is new player thing, typically I make ep characters but I'll switch alliance to play the underdog alliance. Now I mostly play bgs though, so I really don't care.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #probably b/c I'm one of the laziest people in eso (regarding eso specifically)
    1 toon since beta, that's all I've got

During the multiple betas, I leveled 3 or 4 different times. After which the game launched & it was rather painstaking going through veteran ranks so I decided I wasn't doing that again & I haven't.

I've had friends on D.C. & EP that have all wanted me to make toons there & swap but I just can't bring myself to leveling another toon even after all these years.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    The question I'd like to ask is why do so many people care about "faction hoppers" and staying loyal to one faction. It's like they forget it's a game and for some weird reason get riled up over these so called traitors.
    Edited by Sylphie on January 17, 2018 7:31AM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never have never will
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems more and more do it with really malicious intent. I get so bored with it.

I can respect people who do it because they want more action and what not, but not for starting drama in zone chat, running scrolls the wrong way, pointing out "allies" to the enemy, providing enemies with information on troop movements etc. It's just a sign you're a really, really bad person. And I sincerely hope you act differently in real life, otherwise I'm sorry for you.

On the brighter side, I had a real AD arch enemy not long ago. It got really personal, and went as far as to both of us reporting comments etc. A while ago, I suddenly see this guy on an EP character (while we had a really hard time against AD, and he is a good player). I went to flag Alessia alone as pure decoy, and while I do so this guy appears and puts up siege too - we end up fighting a bunch of AD, both die and resurrect one another before we actually manage to capture the place with the help of a few late arrival randoms.
    A week later or so, some AD guy comes to EP zone chat, and starts to target me (among others) about how worthless I am etc., suddenly my former arch rival writes something like "He is far better than you ever will be, frankly - none is worse than you, now back to your zerg". That sort of made me smile. ;-)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a faction hopper.. All DC - except my first toon which is AD - but I never play him.

I am convinced that faction hopping does happen in a bad way - but those that do it won't come here to admit to it. I mean we all know about the stacked servers - especially during off-peak. I mean there has to be some faction-hopping involved in that.

But the other kind (I believe) I saw recently was a situation at primetime where AD had Emp and were on their last emp keep (Roe) and both DC/EP were trying to take it - but ended up fighting each other too - as you'd expect (although my DC allies were complaining that EP were constantly hitting them and ignoring the keep - but I thought 'that stuff just happens')..

Next thing I know is a large group of EP quickly siege and take Glade. While DC are tangled up there taking it back, AD push Nickel and Ash, retaking them.. And there goes the attempts at de-throning.

Very suspicious if you ask me that an EP group suddenly did the one thing that would stop the push on the last AD Emp keep.. What reason would they have to do that other than to stop us pushing Roe? There was no way they would keep it for long, and once the push to the south was stopped, well, what does DC do? fall back into the default position of Chalmania...

So idk.. either these guys were really, really stupid - or they were an AD guild switching faction to save their emp.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    If my main faction is paintbucketing the map, I'll sometimes join the underdogs. But I go through so many chars that I don't have any active other faction alts atm.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only have toons in DC. I see no need to faction hop. Unless my Alliance was top-dog on all servers I would change to go to the weakest Alliance. I joined DC due to my observations of the beta and forums and DC was underdog back then. I think on Vivec it is pretty balanced. On sotha sil i only see reds and sadly a unhealthy population of AD/DC.
    And i love the guild i am in. Won't join any other guild.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]

Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:38PM
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    I play with some friends and we know each other from many many years so no need to hop.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD