The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your reason for Faction Hopping, if you do it at all.

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As a curious question, what is often your reason for faction hopping, if you hop at all? Of course this poll will be anonymous for your protection.
Note that I don't really care about faction hopping, it was just an idea, no I'm not upset or raging or freaking out so please keep your placating comments for those that do rage.
Except for faction hoppers that do it to grief people that wronged them in a small way, as a victim of this that grinds my gears.
Edited by coop500 on January 16, 2018 3:50PM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

Your reason for Faction Hopping, if you do it at all. 226 votes

I hop because I want to be on the winning side
1% 3 votes
I hop because I want to help the losing side
6% 15 votes
I hop where my friends are
17% 39 votes
I hop for a change in scenery
6% 14 votes
I hop to grief a person who bothered me
1% 4 votes
I hop to spy, then return to my faction
0% 2 votes
I don't hop
49% 111 votes
I don't PVP but have the urge to vote anyway
6% 14 votes
Other
10% 24 votes
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other. I don't consider what I do as faction hopping in the sense implied by the poll options. I started out on red, but after two years I got fed up with the faction and the prominent players on the campaign I was homed on.

I switched to yellow. It took me a year, then I just stopped pvp for a while.

Some friends got me back in, now on blue.

I play on yellow and blue currently. What faction I play is not depending on external factors (current zerg faction or night cap faction, or population distribution), but only depending on my personal mood/preference.

The only thing I can say for sure is that my EP chars do not ever set foot into cyrodiil any longer :D:D:D
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction politics
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. I hop because my characters are different races according to class, and I don't have imperial update. I'm whatever faction my current race is, on my Altmer MagSorc I'm AD and on my redguard StamDK I'm DC etc. I don't get to worried about faction wars, its just a game bro....peace!
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Other. I don't consider what I do as faction hopping in the sense implied by the poll options. I started out on red, but after two years I got fed up with the faction and the prominent players on the campaign I was homed on.

I switched to yellow. It took me a year, then I just stopped pvp for a while.

Some friends got me back in, now on blue.

I play on yellow and blue currently. What faction I play is not depending on external factors (current zerg faction or night cap faction, or population distribution), but only depending on my personal mood/preference.

The only thing I can say for sure is that my EP chars do not ever set foot into cyrodiil any longer :D:D:D

Most people seem pretty diehard to their faction, and I seen crappy people on all sides, still it wouldn't surprise me if Pact had more, from my experience in guild talks alone, pact people are more likely to act superior to the other factions, even AD which, canonically, are more likely to be this way.
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    Other. Gotta get dem 'mute stones, baby!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a DC character in addition to my AD ones, but I only solo or duo in IC and only flip resources if it's on my way to somewhere else. If I seriously pvp ever again it will be solely on AD chars. Til the lag is not so bad, I can't see it happening.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand switching factions to play with friends.

But this high school, teenage girl drama with spying and taunting needs to cease.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hop, I like the challenge.

People hopping in between campaigns is fine for sure. But, don't understand the fun in hopping to the winning side, nothing against those that do (play the game the way you want to), just not my style.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other and various.

Mostly though it's because one faction has 80% of the map.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    you forgot the most important option.

i hop because i want to be on the underpopulated faction cos i want proper pvp rather than join the zerg
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't hop. I am EP all the way! All my characters are EP (I have any race, any faction).
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • central_scrutinizer
    I go wherever my friends are. If a buddy logs in and wants to group up and they are on another faction, I will swap without hesitation.

Canned pvp isn't even real pvp to me, I don't care one bit about upholding any particular faction since there are ultimately no consequences or sacrifice, I do not feel any obligation whatsoever to anybody.

If this was real pvp (as in you can only level/gear in pvp/can not hide from pvp) my guild would be my faction, and I would never ever betray it in any way.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have 8 characters trying to get caltrops. All three factions.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't hop. Dominion forever!
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    high school, teenage girl drama with spying and taunting needs to cease.

on which format, server, and campaign is this a big problem?
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

i hop because i want to be on the underpopulated faction cos i want proper pvp rather than join the zerg

This ^^^^^^
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

PS4 NA. Actually happens in several campaigns.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    lao wrote: »

This ^^^^^^

That kinda goes with 'the losing side'
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care about sides, ap is ap and I'm leveling alliance skill lines.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t PVP often, and when I do, it’s usually because I need skills or skyshards. I started playing at the beginning of the game (in the beta actually) when you were stuck in a faction while you leveled up. So naturally I made my alts in other factions than my main, so I could experience the whole world and all its regions. As a result, I have characters in all three and no stake in which faction is up or down.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have many characters of different alliances and to get certain skills you have to go to pvp. So for that reason I will play multiple factions.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't hop, I have no particular *thing* about DC but once I chose I stuck with it and, in the main, the friends I have made in the game also play DC simply because I've tended to make them while playing DC. I can't imagine I'll switch for any foreseeable reason.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only change factions to get a toon on another alliance warhorn, vigor and caltrops
  • primethief147
    primethief147
    ✭✭
    Before i joined their guild my friends joined the dominion exclusively for the high elf magica buff, even though i personally detest the dominion lore wise after what they did in shadowfen.
    /spelling
    Edited by primethief147 on January 16, 2018 5:55PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play with friends or guilds wherever they may be. (Or by myself) From my point of view, the faction of my currently active character is "my" faction and I play thusly.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Other

I want to see what PVP is like on all sides in Cyrodiil.
    Halcyon Black
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go with my friends to wherever the good fights are.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

PS4 NA. Actually happens in several campaigns.

: ( rough
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confessions of a hopper

I have "hopped" twice in my career so far. The first time was right at the start of the game. My first character was an Argonian in EP, but my friends who had already been playing ESO had already finished questing there and wanted to do the AD quest line on AD side next, so I got paid 10k gold by them to switch.

A year later the leader of my only social guild (which took multiple spots as it had three guild banks filled with all materials you could ask for) kicked one of my closest friends without giving any official statement and refusing to tell me in private. My friend was upset and told me her side of the story, but I wanted to hear both sides. I needed a break and started some sort of coldwar with that guild. Seeing how my RL friends had all stopped playing by then and I didn't like to hang out with my only other contacts on AD side, I turned back to EP and made a Dark Elf sorc, met a very friendly roleplaying guild and picked up pvp again on EP side. I met a pvp guild and followed them until I got an invite. In summer two years ago that guild disbanded during my holidays and since then I didn't stick to any alliance anymore. Now I go wherever I please and log onto my character for that alliance if my friends from there want to kick some butt in pvp. Battlegrounds made getting into a group with my friends a lot easier however.

When I am grinding Telvar stones however I switch to the stronger side of course ;)
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    I hopp only when my own native faction nightcapp the map and it needs fixing. So I hopp to the underdog faction. Because map in one colour is no fun for anyone. It is boring for winners and discouraging for losers. So both quit. Winners says "Nothing to do", losers says "This map is a meh".

Balance. Because balance means shared fun for everyone and that is purpose of games. To bring us fun. :)
    Edited by Kiara on January 16, 2018 6:21PM