The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Game keeps making me agree to new TOS every time I log .

Rohamad_Ali
Rohamad_Ali
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Also does not save my user settings any more . Have to watch the pre game movie each time I log in even though I added the skip pre game video option . Any ideas how to fix ?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under the game file/ live/ usersetting. check to see if they are set to "1" or "0"

SET SkipPregameVideos "0"

SET HasPlayedPregameVideo "1"

If you make any changes, remember what you changed and be sure to save.

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure that your User Setting file didn't become Read-Only somehow. Try to replace it with a recent back up if you have one.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double checked everything and settings are set correctly and saved . Ran repair on launcher . Settings file is not set to read only . Game still requires new TOS agreement and does not load my settings from before . Thank you for trying to help . I've never seen this before and I'm baffled . It's very annoying as I use settings from UI mega thread that run the game great . Can't use them this way though and base settings run terrible on my PC . I'm so lost .
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Make sure that your User Setting file didn't become Read-Only somehow. Try to replace it with a recent back up if you have one.

This. If you are having a settings not saving every session, in ANY PC video game, you likely have a file, directory or drive that doesn't have write permissions properly set.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double checked everything and settings are set correctly and saved . Ran repair on launcher . Settings file is not set to read only . Game still requires new TOS agreement and does not load my settings from before . Thank you for trying to help . I've never seen this before and I'm baffled . It's very annoying as I use settings from UI mega thread that run the game great . Can't use them this way though and base settings run terrible on my PC . I'm so lost .

Work your way backward then, if it's not the usersettings.txt in read only, check the Live folder, check the Elder Scrolls Online directory, something is preventing you from overwriting that file, and it's reverting to its initial state every time you launch. When you agree to the terms a d set your User settings, they are applying to that session only rather than being saved. This is almost certainly a permissions issue somewhere.

I've had this happen a few times after Windows updates, and once after a brutal client crash in cyro. I recommend everyone make a copy of their usersettings.txt, addonsettings.txt, and SavedVariables folder every now and then, and overwrite those in the Live directory when crap like this happens.
    Edited by Reverb on January 12, 2018 1:40PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This turned out to be a issue caused by updating a security program that had to be uninstalled . A poorly made update by them . Thank you everyone for the suggestions that helped me find the culprit .
  • rjmrickardb16_ESO
    rjmrickardb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Like Rohamad I have to go through the whole new log-in every time I play. This stated a few months back and I tried all the above suggestions with no success. Last week I re-installing the game after cleaning out my addons and settings, I was able to log in and played ok for 2 days ... then the same problem began all over again. I have checked that all the are not Read Only. I have added TESO, Minion and TTC to firewall allowed access ... and I have checked that my log in has hereditary permissions to all TESO files and folders. Still, somehow, my settings are not being remembered; or they are being overwritten on exit or new log in. I am at my wits end and really missing my daily play (since the game was launched). It's a pity Rohamad didn't say what security program caused his problem or I could have checked that too. No other games on the same drives have been affected. If anyone has the solution, please be kind and post it here.
  • rjmrickardb16_ESO
    rjmrickardb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I ran a search for a duplicated 'live' folder and found one under 'documents' and another under 'program data' .. I disabled the latter but that did not solve the problem.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is over two years old we've decided to close out the discussion since some details are out of date. You are welcome to start a new thread if you need further help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.