The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is there any logical reason NOT to increase player caps in smaller homes?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's accept, for now, that 24 really IS the maximum number of players that can be allowed into a player house. And let's assume this "high" number must be only for the Notable Homes... because reasons.

Now, let's look at the mid range classification of homes... which allow either six or twelve players. I am moving that those currently capped at 6 be increased to 10 and that those homes currently capped at 12 be increased to 18. This is a very small increase actually but since we know we are NOT getting any increase to player caps in housing overall with the upcoming update I feel it would be a gesture of goodwill on the part of ZOS to do this and as a MEANINGFUL indication that they have heard the player base on this issue and WANT to make this right.

Your thoughts? Do you feel this is something ZOS should do while they are "still looking into" increasing the player caps overall?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather they took the time to give us a real increase (at least 50 for notables) than toss us a bone of a couple slots and then wind up never changing it because, hey, they already increased it.

At the moment it's enough for me that they keep acknowledging they plan to do it in the future. ZOS is pretty good at following through, it just takes a while.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Sage said, "... maybe something we can do with costumes..." when asked about letting us hide the vampire skin. That was literally years ago. Player requests for this feature have never diminished. Still hasn't happened. So my confidence in their "follow through" is pretty low.

I don't want a few extra slots as a "bone" and then see nothing significant happen later. I want a gesture of good will from the Devs. And honestly, 4 more slots would make a significant difference. I find 12 slots is often not enough...and yet by just 2 or 3 slots for most things I do.
    Edited by MornaBaine on January 10, 2018 6:25PM

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower price, lower cap.
    Only a small, vocal minority in need of the changes.
    Lower priority than other issues.
    Performance impact on servers from multiple small, packed instances.
    More demand for new content than reworks.

Take your pick, probably more than one combined.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no "logical" reason not to permit 24 people to load in a home, regardless of its size.
    Just like there is no logical reason not to permit dueling in a home of any size.
    If the Client can handle an entire city with literally dozens of players present, then a singular instance with 24+ people should be cake.
    The question is why the Dev's will not release an official reason for these restrictions.
    We are left with speculation and conjecture, erring on the side of Logic, where no "Acceptable" reasons exist other than gross oversight or deliberate stonewalling for <insert ulterior motive here>.
    Edited by OmniDo on January 10, 2018 8:53PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    There is no "logical" reason not to permit 24 people to load in a home, regardless of its size.
    Just like there is no logical reason not to permit dueling in a home of any size.
    If the Client can handle an entire city with literally dozens of players present, then a singular instance with 24+ people should be cake.
    The question is why the Dev's will not release an official reason for these restrictions.
    We are left with speculation and conjecture, erring on the side of Logic, where no "Acceptable" reasons exist other than gross oversight or deliberate stonewalling for <insert ulterior motive here>.

Because you see no logical reason does not mean there isn't.

I listed a handful of not technical reasons above you but technical reasons are far more likely. Each instance is going to have a set memory and load demand on the servers. You paid less for the house, it is going to get less resources. Call it greed if you like, but try running servers and weighing costs/number of instances

Look at how players treat developers and then ask yourself why they dont give answers to every single issue. They are giving players storage and it still doesn't help reduce the complaint threads
    Edited by notimetocare on January 11, 2018 3:14AM
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A throwaway "maybe" from years back isn't in any way the same as the 6+ confirmations over the past year that cap increases are coming in the future. Housing cap increases are on the table whereas the vamp skin thing was just a maybe.

iDn2TgK.png

Other things that have been added due to player feedback since pre-launch are

--- making the Imperial race playable
    --- adding vampires and werewolves to the game at all
    --- housing
    --- armor dyes
    --- costumes
    --- costume dyes
    --- weapon dyes
    --- appearance tab
    --- removal of faction walls
    --- level scaling
    --- thieves guild/dark brotherhood skill lines
    --- revamp of vet levels

That's just off the top of my head. Most things that are asked for are eventually delivered. I have never played an MMO with better followthrough and dev response than ESO. It might take them a while to get around to stuff but they typically do deliver.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A throwaway "maybe" from years back isn't in any way the same as the 6+ confirmations over the past year that cap increases are coming in the future. Housing cap increases are on the table whereas the vamp skin thing was just a maybe.

iDn2TgK.png

--- making the Imperial race playable
    --- housing
    --- armor dyes
    --- costumes
    --- costume dyes
    --- weapon dyes
    --- appearance tab
    --- removal of faction walls
    --- level scaling
    --- thieves guild/dark brotherhood skill lines
    --- revamp of vet levels

That's just off the top of my head. Most things that are asked for are eventually delivered. I have never played an MMO with better followthrough and dev response than ESO. It might take them a while to get around to stuff but they typically do deliver.

Meh. We can easily argue all day about all the things they have and haven't done and how well they respond to player requests and feedback. I hope you're right on this one and you may be... if for no other reason than $$$. After all, increasing item slots translates to people spending more money to furnish houses, often enough with things purchased from the crown store. Increasing player caps so that players can share their homes more readily also translates into more sales overall so... here's hoping!
    Edited by MornaBaine on January 11, 2018 11:40AM

• Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it was a players request? Oh my God. It means that Necropocalypse might become real in the future.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »

So, it was a players request? Oh my God. It means that Necropocalypse might become real in the future.

It just might! LOL Here's hopin'!