The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS can we have some quality quests in the Wailing prison for the permanent residents?

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
K1SNiM7.png

Can we have some quests in the wailing prison for those characters that wants to stay?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that Wailing Prison will be changing with Morrowind. Probably not for the better. Hopefully, they will let the permanent residents stay, and make that permanency mean something (no travel in and out)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least, demand your own tent or hut! Residents should have housing too! ;)
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is that Wailing Prison will be changing with Morrowind. Probably not for the better. Hopefully, they will let the permanent residents stay, and make that permanency mean something (no travel in and out)

That will make me sad :*( I hope it improves.
  • djdc1234
    djdc1234
    ✭✭✭
    Why stay?
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please allocate developer time for this important problem! It's not like all Trials are broken and unplayable or anything!

/s
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    djdc1234 wrote: »
    Why stay?

Because I feel like home inside Coldharbour's prison. You don't have NPCs bothering you with their problems, and want you to solve them. It's just better like that.
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Yes please allocate developer time for this important problem! It's not like all Trials are broken and unplayable or anything!

/s

And I bet you're truly excited about ZOS releasing Morrowind DLC in just a few more months.... guess what? NEW trial.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's the only zone that should not be "one tamriel" and scale up with you...

I use to have many many characters there OP. Back before they forced you to play with 2H and forced you to do a heavy attack here, block here, bash here ect.

Back when you could find tons and tons of items everywhere.

After they changed it, it was just .... different. I guess it's better for new players who just want to get in, get out & start the game.

I use to farm motifs/ lockpicks there.

I also use to make a character loot all the containers (it was between 400-600 gold minus motifs and lockpicks) then delete the character and start over (this was in launch month).

Made quite a bit of gold back then...

However I agree why stay? I mean there is a much better Cold harbour zone in Cold Harbour...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been very tempted to make a resident there, is there much to do bar grinding in the one open area these days?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I've been very tempted to make a resident there, is there much to do bar grinding in the one open area these days?

There's always putting on your Dark Seducer costume and watching all the new players take swings at you because you look like a Daedra.

That just never gets old.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »

There's always putting on your Dark Seducer costume and watching all the new players take swings at you because you look like a Daedra.

Excellent... excellent...

Somewhat related I was fishing the other day in a noble costume (so looked much more NPC like) and had a player sneak up behind me to try and pick pocket me. I was giggling to myself over that one.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I feel like home inside Coldharbour's prison. You don't have NPCs bothering you with their problems, and want you to solve them. It's just better like that.

But you ask for quest on the OP. That's NPC interacting with you and telling you their problems :wink:
    Edited by Zyrudin on March 3, 2017 12:03PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could give yourself an daera name, wisper to them and give them quests :)
    Coming to the stating island they ask why quests works so different here :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't have NPCs bothering you with their problems

But you want more quests?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

You could give yourself an daera name, wisper to them and give them quests :)
    Coming to the stating island they ask why quests works so different here :)

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

I am going to roleplay a collector who needs specific items in there now, then pay newbies who do my quests gold and crafted item sets with training.

That's as soon as I come back from playing Torment any way...
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have some quests in the wailing prison for those characters that wants to stay?
    No!
    Well... maybe? I mean, you can always get a "play a merry tune with Cadwell" quest, or the "go back to being a good slave and forge weapons for Molag Bal" quest...
    ...but that really isn't the point of the game, right? :p;)
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »

But you ask for quest on the OP. That's NPC interacting with you and telling you their problems :wink:

But in a prison environment it feels different.
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    You don't have NPCs bothering you with their problems

But you want more quests?

Yes I do want more quests. Daedric NPCs don't bother me nearly as much as mortal NPCs. Mortal NPCs pisses me off to the point where I don't want to interact with them. All they do is complain and whine about how they can't do this and that, and want you to solve them for them for severe low payout at the end. Screw that noise.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on March 3, 2017 8:30PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Stam Sorc staying there. Crafted Daedric armor to match the baddies and have a summoned Clannfear. When I stand still with sword sheathed, I get swung at a lot. I retaliate by throwing a mudball, which causes a bit of confusion.
    Edited by rotaugen454 on March 3, 2017 8:57PM
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    I currently am unable to log in a level 8 and level 15 that I parked in Wailing Prison. Have the made a level cap making it impossible to log in there now?
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy necro.

But no, they didn't. You can do Wailing Prison at cp690 if you want and have avoided doing the main story until then.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Shriven skin and stand beside Caldwell. Dance and play the flute once a while. Whisper to any players "hey, yeah you. I've got a secret way out of here. Don't believe this buffoon."
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!