The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:43AM

moved 455 votes

Yes, you should travel around them instead
20%
Gilvothvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514HanokihsPendrillionIruil_ESOLadyAstrumFlynchhoggsonBarsLuxEtVeritasRivan12AluiriesMilvanwsmith97ub17_ESOWingvyndral13preub18_ESOTavore1138ElsonsoTantala 93 votes
No, it is not rude
79%
ntellect_ESOConduit0SorianaPinesyIlawyndesParkSnareAcrolasBelegnoleBowserArobainGreevirSigtricitsfatbassXundiinkypranb14_ESODarcyMardinOsteosPheefsPlagueSDSvenja 362 votes
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Your addicted
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    While I don't think it's rude, I was fairly sure it was customary to try to jump over them instead of going around them.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean it is a lil rude if you go out of your way to do it but like if you're just on your way from A to B and the point C as in Character is in the way then whatever.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    if they are clearly Role-playing then yes, it is rude, otherwise I don't think it's rude, especially since we just glide right through them, and don't push them off course. Now if they are Role-Playing and you're just trolling them, it's rude. My basic rule is "would it interrupt my play if reversed?" if yes, don't do it, if no, then it's usually safe.
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. People on here have no manners!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Never even think about it. Might happen, might not, but either way I will care very little.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Some people get offended by anything in life. It’s honestly sad asf. I do avoid riding through others when mounted/walking, but there is absolutely no issue if I do.

Sonetimes I just have to wonder about these people: Is there honestly so little frustration outside of ESO in their lives that something this unimportant bothers them? Or are they this way over the most trivial things in real life too?
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Running over someone, not really. Sometimes there's little alternative. Standing on 'em...yes, that bugs me.

But not enough to get bent out of shape over it and it's easy enough to just move.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Invoca
    Invoca
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Never thought about it before. I don't think it's rude though. In well-populated areas I don't pay much mind but when travelling on roads and such I've always subconsciously gone around them but not because I thought it'd be rude not to.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would vote no but Im afraid you'll get offended
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe me, when my PVP raid runs down and/or swerves around a single enemy player without dismounting because we want them to know how insignificant they are that we didn't bother killing them, we are definitely trying to be rude.

But in PVE, meh, I don't care. If I can, I'll try to jump straight over them for the fun of it.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Waste of post if we weren't supposed to players would have collision
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Unless they are roleplaying, otherwise I think most people won't simply care.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    I normally side-step other players, but if I miss and ride/walk/run through them, I don't think it's rude.

It's not like they get knocked over.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Runs wrote: »
    While I don't think it's rude, I was fairly sure it was customary to try to jump over them instead of going around them.

100% agree...

Edit: oh yeah - same thing for bringing aggro to someone trying to read the map, check their inventory, or unlock a chest...

it's the least you can do to help bring the game alive for others...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 31, 2017 8:58PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    By and large I will go round them on an open road, but ride through them if they're standing or stopped on a mount outside a wayshrine or building, the chances are they're zoning anyway. However, I don't think it's rude to ride through them generally. It's a similar thing with duelists, if they've picked a quiet spot I'll avoid them but if they've chosen to duel in a busy spot e.g. next to the wayshrine in Vulkhels Guard or by the New Life Event NPC in Eastmarch then I'll run straight through them.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    It isn't rude,
    but make a point of steering around other players anyway
    so they don't soil my mount
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:02AM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Aww, too bad there's no collision damage. Would be really funny otherwise if both players tried to jump over the other.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh! I thought I'm the only one who was thinking about it.
    Actually it depends. Usually I'm trying to ride around other players, 'cause it feels right. I see the player, I shouldn't act like he doesn't exist. And I've seen other players doing the same very often. I often think that it would be cool if ZOS switched on collision with other player models (though I understand why they switched it off).
    But sometimes I run through. It happenes when I'm doing daily crafting writs, also I did that every time during New Life festival dailies.
    Edited by Ermiq on December 31, 2017 9:41PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Unless unavoidable, moveto the side as you pass.

Interesting results here. Look up old polls.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342145/my-first-and-probably-only-worthless-poll-do-you-avoid-collisions-with-others-while-on-your-mount
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Are you just trying to find problems to complain about?
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    lol this is the weirdest thing to be concerned about. Though now I think about it, I do try to go around players instead of through them, but I don’t think it’s rude to go through them.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather abandon the ebonheart pact and join the aldmeri Dominion than show such manners, even if stormhold is blocked of by chivalry I shan't befoul my guar with their horse hides. I will patiently ask them to move.
    Argonian masterrace
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Not something I'd do intentionally (unless they're just parked in the middle of the road I guess) but eh. If it happens to me and I notice I just assume people are auto-running or I look like part of the scenery. Or whatever.

Parking your fat horse in front of an NPC so people have to click through it to access the NPC? Lil rude. But again: whatever. At least we can click through.

I've been playing for a couple of years now and still think it's funny when people jump over me on their mounts. :)
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    It's rude to stand in the middle of the road. OUTTA MY WAY.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to go around then again I do RP a little so it feels out of place running someone down.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can say that it is nice that a lot of people in the game do run around people rather than over them. I see it all the time, it happens to me, and I run around others. When possible, of course, because we don't have to do it. Even attempts at courtesies like this make the game friendlier.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 31, 2017 10:21PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Wow. People on here have no manners!

^this^
    10,000%
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time I try to go around them, or over them and I often notice other people doing the same thing. Which is funny because then we do that silly dancing to each side like in real life.

But sometimes I have auto run on and I'm chatting, or otherwise distracted or in a hurry, or just not in the mood to care and then I just go straight through them.

If someone does it to me I assume they're chatting or distracted or in a hurry or not in the mood to care and it doesn't bother me at all.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"