The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS, Please Rethink Your Decision to Penalize Nightblade Sneak Speed

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
You designed Nightblade with specific focuses on stealth/sneaking, but you penalize the class' sneak speed (same as every other class) unless the character becomes a vampire (for Dark Stalker passive) or uses up a 5 piece set bonus (Night's Silence or Shadow Dancer's Raiment).

It seems like an odd decision to penalize sneaking on the class that you designed for stealth! Might I suggest adding the "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch" coding into the current Nightblade passive Dark Veil? That, or a similar decision, seems logical.
Because I know people will bring it up, yes, Concealed Weapon offers a separate movement bonus while stealthed or invisible, which is great for magicka Nightblades. It's not as useful for Stamina Nightblades, who have to give up a key skill in Surprise Attack to access Concealed Weapon.

Edit: Updated on 5/28/18 to tag class reps that I could find.

@Alcast
@Checkmath
@FeaR Turbo
@Hexys
@Joy_Division
@KenaPKK
@Liofa
@Masel92
@Quantum_V
@stileanima
@Tasear
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on May 28, 2018 3:49PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even with vampire passive it is still far too slow.

zenimax, please increase sneak speeds.
    please also make it so we cant be pulled out of stealth.
    if we go into stealth we should be able to stay in stealth.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're going to get so many mad people in here who have never played a nightblade and complain that stealth is OP without realizing how many direct, hard-counters there are to stealth in this game. I agree that stamblades should have an option for faster movement in stealth without having to use the wrong skill morph. They can't afford to give up surprise attack.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes sure , I miss my stealth race car Magblade speeds . If it will help stamblades I am willing to vote for it back . Think of the stamblades ZoS .
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades don't need any buffs.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it really that much of a buff to Stamblades if we allowed them to drop vampirism? It's more aesthetic than anything.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I miss having sneak speed (as a mageblade I am not so fast) I am also happy that every once in a while I do actually cloak now when I hit the cloke button. I also agree that stamblades are plenty fast and annoying already without any buffs.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    As much as I miss having sneak speed (as a mageblade I am not so fast) I am also happy that every once in a while I do actually cloak now when I hit the cloke button. I also agree that stamblades are plenty fast and annoying already without any buffs.

What buffs are you talking about to Stamblade?
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that the stealthy assassin nightblade moves as fast in stealth as the tank class of eso, a dk, if they're both using vamp.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me personally.

I would say remove the extra spell damage in stealth passive and add the concealed weapon passive to that spot. Give concealed something else.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades in 7 pieces of medium already have a highly-reduced sneak radius meaning they can get close. They have 89% sneak cost reduction (with 16 legerdemain, 4 points in improved hiding) so they burn almost no stamina to sneak. And they have enough stamina to use rapids and sneak.

You don't want to become a Vampire, but that will only cost you 6 skill points for the passives, you're Stam and Mag regen will be increased, your damage taken while low health will be decreased, and the only penalty you get in taking increased fire damage, which you shouldn't be around for anyway.

And you want the mobility of a Mageblade without sacrificing any of your insanely high burst.

Seriously, guys, you have it darn good now.

Edit for mistakes and clarity.
    Edited by GimpyPorcupine on December 29, 2017 8:49PM
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades in 7 pieces of medium already have a highly-reduced sneak radius meaning they can get close. They have 89% sneak cost reduction (with 16 legerdemain, 4 points in improved hiding) so they burn almost no stamina to sneak. And they have enough stamina to use rapids and sneak.

You don't want to become a Vampire, but that will only cost you 6 skill points for the passives, you're Stam and Mag regen will be increased, your damage taken while low health will be decreased, and the only penalty you get in taking increased fire damage, which you shouldn't be around for anyway.

And you want the mobility of a Mageblade without sacrificing any of your insanely high burst.

Did you read the original post for this thread? It doesn't ask for Stamblades to have the same mobility of Magblades. One person in post #3 said something about it, but no one else asked for it.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a Khajiit NB in particular should have no stealth penalty. Or all Khajiit. It's a cat, that's what they do.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a Khajiit NB in particular should have no stealth penalty. Or all Khajiit. It's a cat, that's what they do.

This guys going places .
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Did you read the original post for this thread? It doesn't ask for Stamblades to have the same mobility of Magblades. One person in post #3 said something about it, but no one else asked for it.

And even I who asked for it know it's not going to happen.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the amount of tears about our "magical fairy all defeating I WIN with 1 button' cloak... this won't happen...

If cloak worked half as well as people seem to think it would actually be OP...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    With the amount of tears about our "magical fairy all defeating I WIN with 1 button' cloak... this won't happen...

If cloak worked half as well as people seem to think it would actually be OP...

People don't understand how hard it is to cloak under pressure.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sure a built in sneak would be OK for nb, fits the theme and doesn't force vamp.

But this title is utter shite. The class isn't penalised because they aren't given something extra, it's just the base character penalty. Not like they lose out something from other classes.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 30, 2017 9:21AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think Lotus Fan should be ditched.
    Make a morph that ups the magicka cost a bit, but works like original cloak morph, remove 2 negative effects.

Make the cost significant enough so a magblades can't run across the whole of cyro in cloak with that morph and stamblades who already have higher mobility and dodging, can't just spam it. They got forward momentum anyway...

So you gotta choose between low cost and guaranteed crit and high cost but remove dots/snares.

• TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would seriously love this for my khajiit characters
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Yeah, sure a built in sneak would be OK for nb, fits the theme and doesn't force vamp.

But this title is utter shite. The class isn't penalised because they aren't given something extra, it's just the base character penalty. Not like they lose out something from other classes.

Yes, every character and every class is penalized. The game itself uses that exact word to describe the slowed-down sneak speed.

Example:
    nights_silence.jpg

I think it's logical to say that the class designed for sneak should not receive the penalty for sneaking.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree completely.

ZO have seemingly realised the error of their ways in giving each prof a specific advantage in particular pursuits, eg. Nightblades now have a direct heal. As do sorcs and to a less extent wardens and dks.

Personally I think they've done a good job with thieving / assassination gameplay but I don't love the nightblade class. But this former sneak speed advantage and the remaining advantage of having a stealth ability means all of my non-NBs characters are disadvantaged for this gameplay.

That's going to discourage a lot of people from doing it. And worse - two DLCs are focused specifically on these activities which one class has an advantage at. It's quite possible that this seriously hurt sales of those DLCs.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do hate that giving my stamblade Concealed Weapon -- so that he's the best possible thief -- really interferes with his dungeon DPS potential.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do hate that giving my stamblade Concealed Weapon -- so that he's the best possible thief -- really interferes with his dungeon DPS potential.

Understandable. It would be nice to have pre-set builds that we could switch between for our characters depending on the content.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tbh honest I would be happy with cloak simply removing all snares from the character :smile: .
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand was all of the previous complaining! Night's Silence was a CRAFTABLE set! Anyone could use it! It PREVIOUSLY gave super increased movement speed! For some reason unbeknownst to me, 99% of the population that weren't Nightblades, complained because Nightblades were running it & they were too fast /cry
    Anyone could use it & it was reduced to the trash that it is now, never to be touched again by anyone not trying to role play.
    It should have been left alone the entire time & now/ for over a year, a stam dk using unchained passive with rapid is faster & cheaper than my concealed + double take+cloak expensive combo!
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 2, 2018 5:41PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, change stealth so Its not a god-mode toggle,so that my dots actually work on you.

then you can have your stealth speed.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, change stealth so Its not a god-mode toggle,so that my dots actually work on you.

then you can have your stealth speed.

Stealth via cloak is so far removed from god mode that this has to be baiting...

Forget dots.. someone breathing in your general direction breaks cloak...

• Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    You designed Nightblade with specific focuses on stealth/sneaking, but you penalize the class' sneak speed (same as every other class) unless the character becomes a vampire (for Dark Stalker passive) or uses up a 5 piece set bonus (Night's Silence or Shadow Dancer's Raiment).

It seems like an odd decision to penalize sneaking on the class that you designed for stealth! Might I suggest adding the "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch" coding into the current Nightblade passive Dark Veil? That, or a similar decision, seems logical.
    Because I know people will bring it up, yes, Concealed Weapon offers a separate movement bonus while stealthed or invisible, which is great for magicka Nightblades. It's not as useful for Stamina Nightblades, who have to give up a key skill in Surprise Attack to access Concealed Weapon.

This ^ ---> I'm SO tired of Vampires always being picked for OP reasons AND they get sneak speed buffs.

Please let normal humans have a decent chance at sneaking.

Ideas:

1. Make Night Silence 5 piece give another bonus like weapon damage (like the reduce detection radius 5 piece set or Shadow's Raiment).
    2. Give it in a passive for Thieves Guild OR Dark Brotherhood for max rank.
    3. OR Legerdemain so people don't complain it's "Pay to Win" (because Shadow Mount 50% NPC detection radius on mount isn't pay to win when you can escape pvp characters in Imperial City because you're on your horse going through NPCs and they aggro on your enemy instead of you hahaha /s)
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on January 3, 2018 4:39PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is it really that much of a buff to Stamblades if we allowed them to drop vampirism? It's more aesthetic than anything.

Do you play PVP?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Do you play PVP?

Yes.

Perhaps you're hinting at vampires having increased fire damage received? Stamblades are pretty squishy to begin with.