The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Video] Decimus - Magicka Dragonknight PvP

DDuke
DDuke
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Here's my Magicka DK in action, I hope you'll all like it :)
  • High damage Destro/Resto setup
  • No permablocking.

https://youtu.be/9bzFSjz_kMQ

Let me know what you think, all feedback is welcome.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    op, noice editing
    Edited by amir412 on December 28, 2017 5:58AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was actually pretty cool. Well played.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't look at your bars once until that seige shield dropped. Totally thought you dropped it to troll them lol.

Fast paced, digged it all.
  • Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭
    I like how there was so much pressure with all the dots that once you got them going there wasn't much they could do.
    What sets are you running on your mdk?

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aerem wrote: »
    I like how there was so much pressure with all the dots that once you got them going there wasn't much they could do.

I'll make a more detailed build video later, but I'm running 5x BSW (destro bar) 5x Eyes of Mara (resto bar) & 2x Skoria.

5/1/1 Light Armor & all impen.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice vid!
    love it to know that you are back, we will meet in cyro!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice vid - a tiny bit too magica starved at times for my liking :blush:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Really nice vid - a tiny bit too magica starved at times for my liking :blush:

Yup, I can definitely still improve in that regard though (it's not a build issue per se).

With higher Elemental Drain uptime it shouldn't be as much of an issue - problem is that some people die in 2 seconds and you wonder why you spent time applying it in the first place...

Also, trying to do the little blocking this build does on the resto staff bar rather than destro should do wonders for the magicka sustain thanks to Absorb passive - so that's another area of possible improvement :p
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your lights champion and ward costs with eye of mara?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ward is 3581 magicka & Life Giver 110 ulti.

About Life Giver (since this comes up a lot in my discussions), I see alot of people actually picking the wrong morph for resto ulti on classes like magicka DK that don't have access to Minor Berserk.

When comparing the two, keep in mind that Life Giver gets you:
    Minor Berserk for 8 seconds (5.3% increase on whip tooltip) vs Light's Champion 15% crit damage for 5 seconds. Which is better depends largely on your crit chance, but Life Giver gives you less RNG reliant damage.
    Minor Resolve/Ward (basicly 2% mitigation) for 8 seconds vs Light's Champion 30% dmg reduction for 5 seconds. Light's Champion is clearly better here.

...and now for the main part that makes Life Giver way better imo: it gets you 20 seconds of Mutagen that very often saves you even long after you've used the ulti and it gives you free Healing Ward+Combat Prayer heal when used, which already help way more in the short term survivability than Light's Champion 5 seconds of Major Protection.
    Edited by DDuke on December 28, 2017 7:13PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

About Life Giver (since this comes up a lot in my discussions), I see alot of people actually picking the wrong morph for resto ulti on classes like magicka DK that don't have access to Minor Berserk.

Minor Berserk for 8 seconds (5.3% increase on whip tooltip) vs Light's Champion 15% crit damage for 5 seconds. Which is better depends largely on your crit chance, but Life Giver gives you less RNG reliant damage.
    Minor Resolve/Ward (basicly 2% mitigation) for 8 seconds vs Light's Champion 30% dmg reduction for 5 seconds. Light's Champion is clearly better here.

...and now for the main part that makes Life Giver way better imo: it gets you 20 seconds of Mutagen that very often saves you even long after you've used the ulti and it gives you free Healing Ward+Combat Prayer heal when used, which already help way more in the short term survivability than Light's Champion 5 seconds of Major Protection.

Lights champion can be used offensively to better capabilities than life giver and the protection makes staying offensive for the duration easier from my experience. 1 ward and mutagen doesn't do nearly as much vs 3 ppl as major protection does.

Life giver does much more healing upfront, but i use champion so i can stay in my offensive rhythm.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very well done. The high single target pressure works really well and almost reminds me of an NB.

It is a quite dangerous build to play with a single shield. Only takes one chain/wing/Foss bug for the shield to be a little overloaded.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lights champion can be used offensively to better capabilities than life giver and the protection makes staying offensive for the duration easier from my experience. 1 ward and mutagen doesn't do nearly as much vs 3 ppl as major protection does.

Life giver does much more healing upfront, but i use champion so i can stay in my offensive rhythm.

Yeah, well - based on my calculations you need 33%> crit chance to get the same average damage as a Minor Berserk buff (5% dmg for my build) for the 5 second duration. This is easily achieved by any light armor character (and even most heavy armor builds).
    But because Minor Berserk lasts 60% longer, we add that to the value, meaning you'd need 53,3% crit chance on average to get more offensive value from Light's Champion than Life Giver.

I mean, if you're dying during the 5 second Life Giver period because people burst through the healing ward, the mutagen HoT & "emergency heal" and the healing from the resto ulti itself, then I agree that Light's Champion would be a better choice.

But if you find the period after those 5 seconds more concerning, then I strongly recommend Life Giver instead, you can have almost permanent mutagen up time (esp. with 5x Mara) without even slotting it on your bar and that alone makes it worth it in my books :P

Edit: major math fail - numbers are correct now.
    Edited by DDuke on December 29, 2017 2:49AM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Very well done. The high single target pressure works really well and almost reminds me of an NB.

It is a quite dangerous build to play with a single shield. Only takes one chain/wing/Foss bug for the shield to be a little overloaded.

Heh, I've actually been telling people that it plays almost exactly like a stamblade, except it doesn't die as easy.

Whip="Surprise Attack with special healing proc"
    Empowering Chains="Ambush with a speed buff"
    Fossilize="Fear with a root (though no Minor Maim)"
    Leap="Incap"

That's how I see it and that's pretty much how I play it :p

Fossilize bug is probably the most devastating one, almost completely shuts down this build and requires a relog to fix. Luckily it doesn't happen that often, but still annoying when it does.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you did the math are you calculating 5 seconds of berserk or 10 seconds? And what modifier did you use? I'm not sure i see how a shield and mutagen keeps you alive vs multiple opponents more so than major protection for 10 seconds though. 1 burst combo can wipe that out with you left only with the resto ult heal.

Feel free to pm me, id love to know how you calculated it, i haven't talked to anyone who thought life giver was better. Let's keep this thread about your video, it was rad, let's celebrate it lol.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my Magicka DK in action, I hope you'll all like it :)
    • High damage Destro/Resto setup
    • No permablocking.

https://youtu.be/9bzFSjz_kMQ

Let me know what you think, all feedback is welcome.

Love the video I remember before i started playing eso I would watch your videos and they got me excited for the game to be released to Xbox and ps4
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭

I'll make a more detailed build video later, but I'm running 5x BSW (destro bar) 5x Eyes of Mara (resto bar) & 2x Skoria.

Soooo when can we expect this build? Haha really curious about jewelry enchants and destro enchant
    Edited by flacidstone on December 31, 2017 2:17PM
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Mundus as well ;);)
    Edited by flacidstone on December 31, 2017 2:26PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soooo when can we expect this build? Haha really curious about jewelry enchants and destro enchant

Soon(tm). Going to record it tomorrow, hopefully finish editing it before Wednesday.

You can all list things you want me to cover in the build video here by the way.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soon(tm). Going to record it tomorrow, hopefully finish editing it before Wednesday.

You can all list things you want me to cover in the build video here by the way.

CC number, billing zip code, SSN, bank account info
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Heh, I've actually been telling people that it plays almost exactly like a stamblade, except it doesn't die as easy.

Whip="Surprise Attack with special healing proc"
    Empowering Chains="Ambush with a speed buff"
    Fossilize="Fear with a root (though no Minor Maim)"
    Leap="Incap"

That's how I see it and that's pretty much how I play it :p

Fossilize bug is probably the most devastating one, almost completely shuts down this build and requires a relog to fix. Luckily it doesn't happen that often, but still annoying when it does.

That last clip where u are overwhelmed by enemies would make me frustrated I wish we had access to major expedition on demand or some better mobility because once you hit the limit to how many people you can 1vX (because of numbers or opponents skill levels) you are toast. Really like the way you play though.it looks incredibly fun , would definitely take me some practice without sword and board. I have been thinking of different ways lately to play Magicka DK and would like to add more speed and mobility into the toolkit like your use of chains.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I wonder in the champ vs giver discussion is, do you guys account for the majority protection duration that triggers after the last heal?

Meaning you get 10 secs worth of major protection instead of the obvious 5

Edit: went back and checked, you say 5 secs, it's actually 10 secs of major protection, just something to keep in mind
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 1, 2018 3:59AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing I wonder in the champ vs giver discussion is, do you guys account for the majority protection duration that triggers after the last heal?

Edit: went back and checked, you say 5 secs, it's actually 10 secs of major protection, just something to keep in mind

Without healing major protection doesn’t keep you alive. Without major protection, healing still might keep you alive. Just like stacking multiple instance of damage into a single GCD is very strong, the same is true for healing.

Imo the appeal of champion vs giver is that it instantly opens an offensive window out of a situation where you were about to lose a fight AND amplifies that offense. The lower the crit chance and CHD the more the gap between the two closes.

From a strictly defensive standpoint Giver is quite obviously the stronger of the two, giving a 9k shield and ~ double the initial burst heal followed by superior healing, some of which lingers for much longer(and can proc vma resto without using a slot for regeneration). Whereas, major protection is really no more than 20% damage reduction on many builds and if you’re running riposte as well then it’s closer to 16% added mitigation, compared to having 3-4 times the healing
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Without healing major protection doesn’t keep you alive. Without major protection, healing still might keep you alive. Just like stacking multiple instance of damage into a single GCD is very strong, the same is true for healing.

Imo the appeal of champion vs giver is that it instantly opens an offensive window out of a situation where you were about to lose a fight AND amplifies that offense. The lower the crit chance and CHD the more the gap between the two closes.

From a strictly defensive standpoint Giver is quite obviously the stronger of the two, giving a 9k shield and ~ double the initial burst heal followed by superior healing, some of which lingers for much longer(and can proc vma resto without using a slot for regeneration). Whereas, major protection is really no more than 20% damage reduction on many builds and if you’re running riposte as well then it’s closer to 16% added mitigation, compared to having 3-4 times the healing

Depending on the build those numbers will be different, but I would think the major protection on a shield would be superior to the 200ish health Regen gives 9k is a very generous number on steadfast ward, on a 35k mag build it'll be 5.5k to 6kish typically. And blessing of regeneration is like a 4k heal.

So if you're not stacking max mag those numbers are abysmal while light's Champion gives you 10 secs of immortality and DMG buff.

I would say the ward + immediate heal of giver will last you 2 seconds at best, and that hot is so craptacular that you wouldn't notice it
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Depending on the build those numbers will be different, but I would think the major protection on a shield would be superior to the 200ish health Regen gives 9k is a very generous number on steadfast ward, on a 35k mag build it'll be 5.5k to 6kish typically. And blessing of regeneration is like a 4k heal.

So if you're not stacking max mag those numbers are abysmal while light's Champion gives you 10 secs of immortality and DMG buff.

I would say the ward + immediate heal of giver will last you 2 seconds at best, and that hot is so craptacular that you wouldn't notice it

Healing ward scales on spell damage and health
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 1, 2018 5:36AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mind blown* really? I mean like I get the minus health part makes it bigger, but spell damage? R you sure?

Edit: omerg it does. How have I not known this?! *Dies*
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 1, 2018 5:57AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I was actually informed of this recently so I've had to adjust my numbers a bit.

Long story short, you get an average 2.5% more damage from Life's Champion with the full 10s duration on this build (if you have a crit chance of less than 27%, Life Giver will grant you more damage on average) , but I still think I prefer Life Giver thanks to the free mutagen. That thing is such a life saver when you've used your ulti & are waiting for the next one.

Mind blown* really? I mean like I get the minus health part makes it bigger, but spell damage? R you sure?

Edit: omerg it does. How have I not known this?! *Dies*

Yep, that's what makes it so good. You don't necessarily have to build for max magicka (or S&B tankiness) for survival on any magicka build.
    Edited by DDuke on January 1, 2018 11:48AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lights champion is my choice when i run a resto. I like the smart heal, making buffing the 1 or 2 ppl in my group easier in a hectic fight. Its more about those buffs keeping us offensive than anything else.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome job,finally someone who tries things that requires skill instead of just holding block!
    Was thinking of trying a similar build but with bloodthorn in back bar for more recovery.