Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Melee Magic Night Blade

joshhh_nb
joshhh_nb
✭✭
Sooo, im coming back to eso haven’t played seriously, since basically morrowind. Just wanted to discuss builds surrounding dual wield melee mag blade, ik destro resto is very strong but it’s really not my play style.

Right now I’m thinking:
5x shackle 5x necro and 2bs
But idk if that’s enough damage so I was thinking potentially copying a stam blade style of bone pirate and a high damaging set so potentially, Lich/amber with Julianos/spinner/overwhelming and domi monster set.

I was also wondering, how strong is axiom compared to something like spinners/necro/julianos/ meta shackle breaker? Considering that Axiom adds about 400 spell damage to class abilities?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play 5 necro / 5 shackle/ 2 skoria it's alot of damage you will basically one shot medium and light armor builds with your soul harvest bow combo if skoria procs. I used swallow soul instead of conceal to help with sustain. But I'm sure if you use whichmothers instead of tri stat food sustaining concealed wouldn't be a problem.

I don't play a lot of melee i like how annoying destro resto is to face lol. But what i like about necro on melee builds is if you feel you are dying to much you can always use harness magicka
    Edited by thankyourat on December 26, 2017 2:02AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion for melee is war maiden. Pair it with whatever i.e.. transmutation, riposte, necro, shackle breaker, amberplasm
    Skoria, grothdar, chudan/pirate/kena all strong but maybe melee doesn't have enough dots for skoria?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For melee, I like to run 2h instead of DW for use of Forward momentum. The only weakness in the NB toolkit is lack of an answer for snare, by adding Forward momentum you can ensure that your mobility cannot be compromised, this is particularly important since shade is non-functional.

Imo you then have a few viable choices for 2h builds.

My favorite is 5 amberplasm - 5 Maiden - 1 Domi. It gives you perfect sustain for both resources and lot's of damage. Spinners is another good choice and more overall damage against people without damage shields
    I've also had success with Lich and riposte as back bar sets in 5/5/2 builds. Necro is obviously appealing, but less so while shade is bugged.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 26, 2017 10:44PM
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently working on a DW build with Fortified Brass armour (5L 2H), War Maiden swords/jewels on front bar, resto backbar, and Grothdarr set.

What would you guys suggest for skill bar setup? Nightblade bars are real hard to balance, especially for non-CP. Please persuade me I can cope without double barring inner light, and let's not even mention shade because a) it's broken and b) I suck too much to use it right when it does work.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    I'm currently working on a DW build with Fortified Brass armour (5L 2H), War Maiden swords/jewels on front bar, resto backbar, and Grothdarr set.

What would you guys suggest for skill bar setup? Nightblade bars are real hard to balance, especially for non-CP. Please persuade me I can cope without double barring inner light, and let's not even mention shade because a) it's broken and b) I suck too much to use it right when it does work.

Impreg is always superior to brass. You can even run Impreg + 3 infused(large pieces) and get more defense and higher max stats
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Impreg is always superior to brass. You can even run Impreg + 3 infused(large pieces) and get more defense and higher max stats

The main difference being that Brass is a set I can actually get my filthy scrub hands on :p
    Edited by Vermintide on December 28, 2017 12:38AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I ran a melee setup but I think my bar setup is the same as destro with the exception I swap crushing shock out for concealed strike as my spammable.

Front:
    Sap, teleport strike, fear, concealed, mage light; ult can be ice comet, soul harvest, soul tether

Back:
    Cloak, either dampen magicka or blessing of restoration, impale, healing ward, assassin's will, ult is light's champion aka rest ult

But if you wanted destro back bar it would look like:
    Cloak, refreshing path, impale, swallow soul, double take or wall of elements; ult might be soul siphon or healing bats
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Imo teleport strike is too costly to have on your bars. I always use crippling grasp+cloak as a gap closer.

My bars are: 2h- forward momentum, concealed, cloak, merciless, crippling grasp, incap.
    Resto- mirage(the one that grants you speed), degeneration, healing ward, fear, syphoning, Resto ult.
    Edited by StayAlfresco on December 28, 2017 3:31AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I've been wanting to make a 2h forward momentum build I just hadn't gotten around to it.
    Maybe I would replace teleport strike with forward momentum although I'm not sure if I have room on my back bar for cripple while running a resto staff; if I had to drop something it may be cloak
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ma throw this in there, keep mistform in mind, you can run it with a dw build. I've been running it on destro resto and forgot how useful it is
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    The only weakness in the NB toolkit is lack of an answer for snare

WTB Cloak that removes snares :'(

EU | PC | AD