The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS, if you care about your player base, PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS.

evoprimes
evoprimes
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

I want to begin by saying that I really love this game.

But unfortunately:

1) We spend countless hours in grinding gear and improving our skills just to arrive to an unprepared server that ruins the whole experience of the game.
2) Cyrodiil is not even playable anymore.
3) There are tons of threads repeating this complaint over and over again.
4) The truth is that you just don't care about anyone in PvP. If you even remotely cared about it, this would have been fixed a long time ago.
5) Latency is up to 400ms even with a strong internet connection.

The bottom line is that you need to find a scalable solution, similar to Amazon hosting(or maybe even use Amazon Web Services).
If you have any interest in doing this is very easy to prepare a plan and execute it.

PS: I always laugh at your maintenance announcements. They start with: "PC/Mac North American and European megaservers..."

"MEGASERVERS" :))

• Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even play right now in ps4 na cyrodiil. Everyone is just skipping all over the place. I have over 100mbps so its not me.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's terrible . I hope they do something for you soon .
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    I can't even play right now in ps4 na cyrodiil. Everyone is just skipping all over the place. I have over 100mbps so its not me.

said like someone who when asked to open their internet browser says 'you mean google'? just because your internet can run fast, doesnt mean it does.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

said like someone who when asked to open their internet browser says 'you mean google'? just because your internet can run fast, doesnt mean it does.

oh ok mr smart guy then what is causing my 150mbps download speed to all the sudden making me lag for the past week?
    Edited by Kalante on December 27, 2017 7:00AM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised as many people still play as they do. It was so bad tonight that I just logged out for the night.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since holidays started vivec primetime EU is fully unplayable again. It´s a shame really.

And there is no point talking about improvements made from the 1.6 ten second lags. It does not matter if i have a 10s delay when trying to execute a skill or a 3s delay. Both is unplayable.

You can talk about improvements once the game starts working consistently at any given time.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Since holidays started vivec primetime EU is fully unplayable again. It´s a shame really.

And there is no point talking about improvements made from the 1.6 ten second lags. It does not matter if i have a 10s delay when trying to execute a skill or a 3s delay. Both is unplayable.

You can talk about improvements once the game starts working consistently at any given time.

So far today, loading screens, lag, disconnects, skills not firing or 10 seconds later. I give up and will see next year. Happy newyear in advance all.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who mostly play PvP make up less than a percentage of the total ESO population (Used @Agrippa_Invisus calculations). Why should they care about Cyrodiil lag?
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    evoprimes wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

But unfortunately:

1) We spend countless hours in grinding gear and improving our skills just to arrive to an unprepared server that ruins the whole experience of the game.
    4) The truth is that you just don't care about anyone in PvP. If you even remotely cared about it, this would have been fixed a long time ago.

The bottom line is that you need to find a scalable solution, similar to Amazon hosting(or maybe even use Amazon Web Services).
    If you have any interest in doing this is very easy to prepare a plan and execute it.

PS: I always laugh at your maintenance announcements. They start with: "PC/Mac North American and European megaservers..."

true that!!
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh ok mr smart guy then what is causing my 150mbps download speed to all the sudden making me lag for the past week?

nobody here knows because you didnt provide any information, no diagnostics. you simply blamed the game without actually investigating anything. As former tech support for an internet provider, let me just say, we often proved statements like yours wrong. there is more to your experience in the game than it and you. much more. and yes, those things can cause you to lag and disconnect.

Im not saying the game doesnt have issues but everyone cant just blanket blame the game without checking things out first.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    evoprimes wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

But unfortunately:

its ok everything is working as intended
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    the thing thats pissing me off is ive seen so many posts relating to this lately and we arent getting a single reply from the devs and if once in the blue moon we do its some *** "we are slowly working on it" type crap
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_BradL
    hopefully tagging this many people one of them finally decides to actually read one of these posts and start taking real action to fix servers instead of changing little *** with abilitys, GET BETTER SERVERS PLANE AND SIMPLE, OR FIX THEM PROPERLY
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    the thing thats pissing me off is ive seen so many posts relating to this lately and we arent getting a single reply from the devs and if once in the blue moon we do its some *** "we are slowly working on it" type crap
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_BradL
    hopefully tagging this many people one of them finally decides to actually read one of these posts and start taking real action to fix servers instead of changing little *** with abilitys, GET BETTER SERVERS PLANE AND SIMPLE, OR FIX THEM PROPERLY

I fully agree.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People at ZoS have literally said that buying better servers doesn't make them any money
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at this point, the junk server is here to stay
    ESO is the only game I play where my ping ever stays over 50.
    During PVP my ping averages 150-200.
  • trustcotraptb14_ESO
    Been like this since day 1 and nothing has improved but yet you people think something is going to change.. years later? Get a grip. It's obviously something technical under the hood that they can not fix.
    Edited by trustcotraptb14_ESO on December 31, 2017 7:02PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been like this since day 1 and nothing has improved but yet you people think something is going to change.. years later? Get a grip. It's obviously something technical under the hood that they can not fix.

It was not always so . Not until after 1.2 did it get rediculous .
  • trustcotraptb14_ESO

It was not always so . Not until after 1.2 did it get rediculous .

Wrong. Been like this since day 1. I have not left Cyrodiil since level 10 on release day and it has ALWAYS been like this in any large scale battle.

Infact it used to be a bit worse when weapon swap wouldn't work.

1.2 introduced FPS lag because of certain skills. Let's learn the difference between FPS and Latency, mmmkay, "Rohamad_Ali" ....
    Edited by trustcotraptb14_ESO on December 31, 2017 7:08PM
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Cyrodil running pretty good at launch.

Shortly after the anticheat patch (which doesn’t work that good apparently) the crippling lag fest began.

In the 3-4 years I’ve been around this games PvP has just tanked. Server performance has never been really looked at or fixed. Cheating is still as rampant as ever.

I’ve seen hundreds of these threads and still no fix from ZOS.