The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild bank contents needs to be viewable by ALL guild members

Cavedog
Cavedog
✭✭✭✭✭
Why on earth did ZOS change the bank access so that only those that can withdraw can view the contents of the bank? This makes no sense at all. Now general guild members can't see what is in the bank and they don't know to even ask for something because they can't even see what is there to chose from.

Can we please get the entire contents of the guild bank viewable by all guild members again ZOS? People need to be able to see whats in there so they know if what they need is in the bank or not.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer the way it is now.
    I don't agree that everyone in the guild should be able to see what's in the guild bank. I mean not all guilds are democracies where accountability and transparency are fundamental pillars.

Tho I do suggest that viewing what's inside the guild bank should be a different permission from withdrawing and depositing.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best way to get around that is to leave such a guild and join a more transparent one if that sort of thing matters. I appreciate some people do like to see if their gold isn't being instantly pocketed. As long as the guild ends up with a good trader, then for me personally, it doesn't matter a jot as I'm getting my investment back plus a lot more.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can people know what to ask for if they can't see what is there?

Bad Change. I hope it's a glitch. Because it makes no sense what so ever.

As for leaving a guild that lets anyone withdraw from the Guild Bank is not the answer. Those guilds that have loose bank policies end up regretting it so I can't see many allowing that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    I say again, been like this all along from launch on console.
    The Airstrike - Flower Lady

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this was a truly bad change with no real good side. It makes guild banks essentially useless.

I would say it's shocking that it hasn't been fixed or even addressed, but then, after the last year, I'm no longer even surprised by insane, bad changes and ZOS refusing to acknowledge them.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can agree with letting members see the items in the bank, but not total gold or deposits and withdrawals because of trader sniping.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you require something that you think might be in the guild bank just ask if it's there and you can possibly have it.

What's the big deal? Being in a guild doesn't revolve around you being able to see or access the guild bank.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    If you require something that you think might be in the guild bank just ask if it's there and you can possibly have it.

What's the big deal? Being in a guild doesn't revolve around you being able to see or access the guild bank.

Asking an officer to retrieve an item you know is in there is an inconvenience to the officer.

Asking an officer to look for an item that may not even be in there at all could be a legitimate waste of their time.

If you don't see a real difference between the two, you may need empathy lessons.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking an officer to retrieve an item you know is in there is an inconvenience to the officer.

Asking an officer to look for an item that may not even be in there at all could be a legitimate waste of their time.

If you don't see a real difference between the two, you may need empathy lessons.

So just give everyone full access to the bank then. Prevents any inconvenience and waste of time right? Or perhaps an officer should accept that they may be asked such questions and take the time to help members thus preventing further issues arising involving the guild bank. And empathy? really? lmao
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So just give everyone full access to the bank then. Prevents any inconvenience and waste of time right? Or perhaps an officer should accept that they may be asked such questions and take the time to help members thus preventing further issues arising involving the guild bank. And empathy? really? lmao

Lock viewing permissions behind rank levels, just like deposit with drawl permissions.
    WoW, simple fix for the viewing paranoid.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A big part of being in a guild is sharing. Could be sharing information, time, whatever. Was simple before the change to tell a new guild member hey look in the bank and see if there is anything you want/need and ask in chat for someone to grab it for you. Now, not so much. A new player might not even know there is a Barbarian motif to be had. People looking for recipes before the change might see something in the bank they don't have (and didn't know about) and could ask for it. Now they gotta ask hey can someone check and see if there are any level 30 food recipes in the bank. Throw in people trying to collect the furniture recipes where very few people (if any) know all the names and it becomes near impossible for people to take advantage of items in the bank.

There needs to be a trial period before new members get full access to the bank but it is moronic that they can't at least see what items are in the bank so they can have someone with access grab it for them. I can think of no good reason at all why new members shouldn't be allowed to see what items are in the bank. The change was not a good one.
    Edited by kargen27 on December 22, 2017 7:16PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, empathy. I'm not going to ask someone to drop what they're doing to check to see if something may or may not be in the bank. When you have the basic respect any person is due for someone, you think their time is more valuable than that.

If I'm not doing something I actually want to be doing, then I'm not playing the game anyway. So if someone asks me to retrieve something from the bank for them, I'm taking time away from what I want to be doing to help them out. If I'm not in Cyrodiil or a dungeon, that's fine. Helping other people out is nice. But asking me to drop whatever I actually want to be doing to potentially waste my time is quite different. Anyone who values me treats me like my time is valuable. Period.

When asking someone to help me out, I take into consideration how I would feel if I were the one doing the helping. I wouldn't treat anyone like their time is worthless unless, of course, I thought that person were worthless. If I'm going to ask someone for a favor that could be a complete waste of their time, I'm at least going to make damned sure they know that I appreciate them for it.

That's empathy, and that's how you behave if you have empathy.

So maybe save "And empathy? really? lmao" for an occasion in which you're not championing treating people like their time is valueless.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix - make it selectable!

So guild masters can decide which rank of their guildies can see and withdraw from the bank, who can just see, and who can neither.

Problem solved.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage the guild bank for my guild. I want the guild members to be able to see what is in the bank. I should at least have a setting I can change to make the bank contents viewable to all members.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, that is not a reasonable or sensible solution to the issue. The bank contents should be viewable by all guild members, whether they can withdraw or not.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

No, that is not a reasonable or sensible solution to the issue. The bank contents should be viewable by all guild members, whether they can withdraw or not.

Let's be a little bit reasonable here Cave. You want that your guild bank may be viewable to all guild member without giving them permission to withdraw. It's a fair request, no doubt of that. But you can't assume that it should be like this to everyone.

We definitely should request to ZOS to make a separeted permission to that. Th I could go to a viewpermission annexed to the deposit permission as well. I mean, I could go with "if you can deposit, you have the right to know what's in it" too.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually a intelligent post if the game encourages people to build a guild and assist lower rank players to increase their levels with the aid of other guild members it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to hide the items that the guild has collected and available, This seems to of been an incredible stupid decision.
    It really isn't rocket science Zos and if we are to believe that someone somewhere reads these posts then the answer is simple.
    All guild members should be able to see what is there and then its up to guild leaders to decide who can take things out otherwise what is the point of a guild bank.
    action ASAP please
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    While it's true this change was done on purpose in Update 16, we're planning to revert this change in the next update so all guild members will be able to see items in the Guild Bank again.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's true this change was done on purpose in Update 16, we're planning to revert this change in the next update so all guild members will be able to see items in the Guild Bank again.

THANK YOU. Yes!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭

On console as well?
    The Airstrike - Flower Lady

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thank god
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    I actually prefer the way it is now.
    I don't agree that everyone in the guild should be able to see what's in the guild bank. I mean not all guilds are democracies where accountability and transparency are fundamental pillars.

Tho I do suggest that viewing what's inside the guild bank should be a different permission from withdrawing and depositing.

I think the point is how can I know what is the bank and ask to withdraw it if I can't even see it.

So yeah OP is right you should be able to view, but permissions should be available to deny all withdraws, but you can still make deposits.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is awesome news!!! Thank you!!! BUT......
    Will the gold history and bank history go back to the same? The original FIX we wanted is so new guildies can't see gold history because of Trader Bid Spying...Will this be reverted too??
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭

Good. PC master race. Dont pander to console. =D
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't mind ZOS giving guilds this option. I may not like how different Guild Master use it, but I think people running guilds need more protections for their guild banks.

What I have had a bigger issue is when I cannot see my own deposits to the guild bank. There's no reason--aside from how this system was hastily implemented to combat a particularly bad problem not long ago--that an individual layer should be denied the ability to check to see if what they deposited got where it's suppose to be. And the GMs in my current guilds seem to agree with this.
    Edited by jssriot on December 22, 2017 6:38PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! Thank you very much.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news. Thanks to Gina and the team!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shadelon wrote: »

On console as well?

Nope, theyre going to leave it in just for us.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can we have some clarification on this? What we want is to have the option to toggle on/off the guild bank GOLD. NOT its contents.

We want our members to be able to see their deposits and guild withdrawals (Gold and Items)

We just don't want our overall Bank balance on display because of the problem of 'Bid spying' using the total sum as estimations for what a guild bids.
    Edited by Grumble_and_Grunt on December 22, 2017 11:54PM
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno I would appreciate a clarification on this. From communications with a friend and some of the Devs we were told that it was being fixed, not rolled back. Does this mean that people are going to be able to see the guild bank gold balance again? Because trade guilds need to be able to obfuscate this so people aren't able to bid spy.

This would be a very reckless decision to roll back the entire change when Trade Guilds really need it in place. I understand that the items should be visible, and it needs to be fixed, but once again I stress the importance of being able to hide the guild gold balance, it is of the utmost importance that the view gold permissions remain.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer