Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest dialog text and book text errors (English)

ZioGio
ZioGio
✭✭✭
Platform: PC
Server: North America

In both quests' dialog text and the book text (see screen shots below), there are odd instances of the word "of."

I do use the add-on Khajiit Speak, but that should only affect the player's options text, not the quest dialog text.

1vldgq2qw9kt.png
jib7fmsswfai.png
nzfccjvv15tn.png
Edited by ZioGio on December 18, 2017 8:37PM
PC NA
  • erstroth
    erstroth
    Soul Shriven
    Came here to post something similar. This was from the "Unsafe Haven" quest.

2h9ir7xthl1p.jpg
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »

In both quests' dialog text and the book text (see screen shots below), there are odd instances of the word "of."

1vldgq2qw9kt.png
    jib7fmsswfai.png
    nzfccjvv15tn.png

I use no addons and PC EU. Seeing the same thing. I can confirm this as well! "of a" is out of place on several texts. Wonder if these are connected and chained, so fixing one would fix all?

Edited by maboleth on December 20, 2017 7:08PM
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    I use no addons and PC EU. Seeing the same thing. I can confirm this as well! "of a" is out of place on several texts. Wonder if these are connected and chained, so fixing one would fix all?

It's quite likely. If this game works like software applications I've worked on, they use resource files that have key/value pairs. Fix the value text string in the resource file once and all references to it are fixed.
    PC NA
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭

Email from Gavin Gavonne, the raw provisioner henchman.

Errant "with" inserted into text string "He gave me with a scroll bearing the name of a local villager...."

26910545_10215892485331572_291677640367498872_o.jpg?oh=78068cef8266970d39e941bdb79b429c&oe=5AE70F61
    PC NA