The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fish Boon Feast Glitch (New life festival)

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello and good day everyone, and those from ZoS and or Bethesda.

So I played through the new life event with my prime, and didn't think anything about this particular quest until I started it again with another character. So this time around I decided I wanted to go buy bait for the fishing quest because I haven't the first time. When I arrived and purchased the bait, the task from within the quest was never completed nor did it indicate was completed to move on to the next task.

I reported it ingame as a bug, I didn't have screenshots so I made this video.

https://youtu.be/4NfaBuyTu0U
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purchasing the bait is just a hint, not an objective, and since you can do that as often as you want, it won't go away until you have caught all the required fish.

Btw. it is not required to use the bait you can buy. Any bait will do for the holiday fish.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, the holiday fishing holes don't seem to have a set bait. I got used bait when fishing with all types of bait.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes maybe, but missing the point here. It's a clear objective within the Quest. It, meaning the purchase bait does not go away until you caught all 3 types of fish then you're prompted to go speak with the quest master to bring all food. Either way if this specific task was meant to be completed at any stage of the quest before catching all 3 types of fish, it does not if you're tracking it.

As I stated, I first did this quest without buying bait because I was rushing, the second time with a new character I wanted to buy the bait to complete the task within the quest to see if there was anything different.

No matter how I played this particular quest over and over with several characters now, before fishing, after fishing catching 1 fish, or 2, this particular task will not complete.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe this might be more a console/game controller UI flaw where it comes to listing this quest's objectives. On PC it's listed as Hint: and slightly grayed out.

6thr3bv4afat.png
    Edited by driosketch on December 16, 2017 4:58PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I believe this might be more a console/game controller UI flaw where it comes to listing this quest's objectives. On PC it's listed as Hint: and slightly grayed out.

6thr3bv4afat.png

Game controller UI lists it exactly the same.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Yes maybe, but missing the point here. It's a clear objective within the Quest. It, meaning the purchase bait does not go away until you caught all 3 types of fish then you're prompted to go speak with the quest master to bring all food. Either way if this specific task was meant to be completed at any stage of the quest before catching all 3 types of fish, it does not if you're tracking it.

As I stated, I first did this quest without buying bait because I was rushing, the second time with a new character I wanted to buy the bait to complete the task within the quest to see if there was anything different.

No matter how I played this particular quest over and over with several characters now, before fishing, after fishing catching 1 fish, or 2, this particular task will not complete.

It's not a task. The hint is only there for people that don't have bait letting them know they can buy it instead of having to farm it. Nothing more.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, it is a task, and once you buy bait regardless of having it or not the white quest icon should go away from the merchant and the task (HINT) should also indicate you completed it just like every other task (hint) i have done in other quests.

Saying it's not, is just you looking not so good not knowing what your talking about.

It's ZOS who needs to respond about the glitch, the coders. Not the gamer.

This here is more for them than it is for you.

It's a ZOS FYI, this doesn't work because (x,y,z, didn't connect)

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, it is a task, and once you buy bait regardless of having it or not the white quest icon should go away from the merchant and the task (HINT) should also indicate you completed it just like every other task (hint) i have done in other quests.

Saying it's not, is just you looking not so good not knowing what your talking about.

The marker doesn't go away because you have the option to return and buy more bait, if needed. Once you have caught the needed fish and returned to finish the entire quest, the marker will go away.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the intention is to encourage people to go back and buy more bait if they need it. Your right it is kind of misleading, but it makes sense in a way why it is the way it is. Also, a lot of Dailies have an "secondary" type of NPC that you can optionally talk to, but has no effect on the outcome of the quest. These arrows stay in place until you complete the quests. So your kind of lead to believe that you need to talk to these NPCs, and you really don't have to.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you also make an immediate right turn off the side of the road when driving because a sign is warning you of a turn ahead?

You're looking at it wrong. It's like you can't ever tell when someone is being sarcastic simply by inferring the meaning or remembering all the other times that sarcastic person fooled you. Telemarketers must love you.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Done this (and got the achievement) on 12 characters and never once bought any bait - it is not a necessary part of the quest.

No different to other quests where you get a hint to talk to people, you can do so but not doing so does not impede the quest progression.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with those above. It's just a hint, not required for the quest completion in any way. It's just pointing out a place/way to get bait if needed. The picture provided above is quite clearly showing this.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed it on PC, decided that it was poorly done, and moved on.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

does it tell you how much bait to buy? what if you dont buy enough? should it go away after you bought 1? 100? do you even need to buy the bait?

there is no problem here.